TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I wouldn't mind a sky warp but I guess what i'd rather see is something a little more out of the ordinary than the typical top scan. A man can dream.

Honestly as long as it runs a decent setting (i.e not Sol Spin) you shouldn't be complaining, they are fairly common but excellent flat rides with a decent capacity and with a good cycle intensity and out of control flipping. Its also like nothing they have already or at nearby parks as far as I can tell so i think it would be an excellent purchase!

I wouldn't mind a sky warp but I guess what i'd rather see is something a little more out of the ordinary than the typical top scan. A man can dream.

Honestly as long as it runs a decent setting (i.e not Sol Spin) you shouldn't be complaining, they are fairly common but excellent flat rides with a decent capacity and with a good cycle intensity and out of control flipping. Its also like nothing they have already or at nearby parks as far as I can tell so i think it would be an excellent purchase!

Ever since Sol Spin reopened with an extended cycle, it's actually quite good now. I prefer it to the version at Carowinds, to be honest. It runs really well, and Valleyfair would be lucky to receive one.

But no top scan is as crazy as the one at Lagoon. That thing is batsh*t crazy.

How are Top Scan's common... Like before this year there were 2 permanent installations in NA.

I really liked my one ride on Carowind's version and would love to have more throughout the chain as a lot of the parks don't have a ton of thrill rides outside of coasters and the occasional frisbee, Screamin' Swing, and Top Scan which are starting to get the axe.

Are there any permits yet?

If it is a flat ride that can be constructed in 2-3 months, then permits don't really have to be applied for until January/February-ish. The only reason North Star's permit showed up last August is because they started construction early. Not sure why North Star was constructed so early, but I believe Xtreme Swing was also constructed in the fall versus the spring. Whether it is budget purposes, depreciation purposes, weather purposes, who knows! Those circumstances might not apply with the new 2018 ride.

I'm sure Valleyfair has a good enough relationship with the county/city engineer that they are not nervous about announcing a new ride before all the paperwork is complete.

As far as a Sky Warp goes, in my opinion the chances of that are slim to none.

The picture that was posted by Valleyfair doesn't really give much of a clue either. The top maze like pattern almost looks like it might be a queue area. On the far right it looks like maybe a support structure or something, but who knows...

How are Top Scan's common... Like before this year there were 2 permanent installations in NA.

I really liked my one ride on Carowind's version and would love to have more throughout the chain as a lot of the parks don't have a ton of thrill rides outside of coasters and the occasional frisbee, Screamin' Swing, and Top Scan which are starting to get the axe.

I was more referring to the typical top scan that can be found at most fairs.

They are really focusing on the awkward midway recently (2014, 2016, 2017, now 2018). Easy to see new Cedar Fair management viewed that as a weakness of the park back then.

I always hoped they would put an out-and-back type coaster that has the station in that corner of the parking lot and have it extend out-and-back towards the employee dorms.

I have a feeling if this ride is just the return of the Enterprise, people are going to hammer them on social media. But then again, if it is anything but a coaster, people will hammer them.

Be interesting to see where Tilter is moving? What is the point though unless it is a large, crowd drawing ride? If its just a refurbished enterprise or top scan, it won't draw people down the midway that wouldn't wonder down there anyway for more than its first year of operation. Makes me maybe wonder if it is a larger, crowd drawing ride? But I've learned to never get my hopes up..

Knott's Boomerang after all? It would fit pretty well in that space..

So they will be moving Tilter and moving it possibly to the old location in front of Wild Thing. So something will fill Tilter's space in Route 76. These 'clues' have me now thinking maybe a Sling Shot in that area. Or a re-fitted Enterprise works in that space too. Anything is possible. Well, at least we will know for sure tomorrow.

The Route 76 area is supposed to be the family friendly section of Valleyfair. We know this addition has an inversion or goes upside down. To me, this has to be Enterprise. It would fit well there, and if the smoking section was removed, there would be a large enough plot of land. As for Tilter's destination, my bet would be in the plot of cement by Auntie Anne's.

Knott's Boomerang after all? It would fit pretty well in that space.. knotts boomerang would fit really well in that area if they used part of the perking lot. Having a cobra roll right next to the front entrance would look great when driving into Valleyfair. I don't know if a boomerang is a "classic attraction" but they said it would be finding a "new home"

Here's my final prediction for next year. I think they'll end up moving the tilter to wild thing's helix, as I don't think it makes sense to move it to its old location where it would be basically all alone. I don't think they will give us a slingshot as they said the new ride will be a classic attraction. Knott's boomerang is a possibility I think, but highly unlikely. Otherwise other things that could come are a sky warp, but would it fit? It could be the enterprise but it doesn't look like it will in my opinion based off the previous hints. It could be a top scan which is likely as it would be a great ride to introduce into area 1, and is a very nice thrill ride, but overall, as much as I hate to say it, I think it will be a super loop because in the hinted photo the support looks a lot like the supports of a super loop.

On a side note the que line we see in the hinted photo is probably just the que line to Steel Venom, as that is where the new ride is supposedly supposed to go. Anyone know what is on the bottom left though? Maybe a fancy exit sign?

Since we won't be seeing Excalibur removed this season probably, when does everybody think we will see the waterpark expansion happening? I think it's possible we'll end up seeing it be removed end of next season hopefully, and if not maybe the next. One thing I hope they do start doing for sure is removing trees in the back of the park by the end of this season.

Knott's Boomerang after all? It would fit pretty well in that space..knotts boomerang would fit really well in that area if they used part of the perking lot. Having a cobra roll right next to the front entrance would look great when driving into Valleyfair. I don't know if a boomerang is a "classic attraction" but they said it would be finding a "new home"

Sure, put one impulse coaster just a hundred feet from another one. Thankfully after tomorrow the re-furbed Boomerang to VF speculation will end.

O.K. Why move tilter to a new spot just to make room for enterprise? They could put enterprise anyplace that tilter would fit! I think it's something new! a slingshot is a good bet but it doesn't go with the theme of the area but it would be an upcharge and be right next to ripcord! I hope it's something unique! Not a larson loop, those things are a dime a dozen! Anybody know what time they will announce tomorrow?

The new home refers to moving tilter to a new spot i'm pretty sure!

Knott's Boomerang after all? It would fit pretty well in that space..knotts boomerang would fit really well in that area if they used part of the perking lot. Having a cobra roll right next to the front entrance would look great when driving into Valleyfair. I don't know if a boomerang is a "classic attraction" but they said it would be finding a "new home"

Sure, put one impulse coaster just a hundred feet from another one. Thankfully after tomorrow the re-furbed Boomerang to VF speculation will end.

Good thing Cedar Fair has never done that before...

Capture.thumb.JPG.4e80c59e9763044631deb160731bb4b7.JPG

Good thing Cedar Fair has never done that before...

Exactly. They won't be making the same mistake twice.