TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

The more I think about this on a boring Saturday, the more I'm leaning top scan. I believe Carowinds was used and refurbished that was added this year, was Knotts (Sol Spin) as well? Or was that brand new?

Top scan in Tilters old spot and the return of the Enterprise in the Scramblers old spot. Or at least I hope a ride goes there. That concrete blab looks out of place. Bugs me every time I walk by it, haha.

Interesting for sure. Nice tease because it's hard to tell what the plan/schematic is about or where it would fit in the park due to just showing that small part of the entire plan. 'Turning things upside' sure makes it seem like a ride and not a water park addition. Looks like the park is going to surprise us again just like North Star. The good news is the park getting something and it will not be 'general improvements' for 2018. It also suggests Excalibur is probably getting another year of operations. Let the speculation continue. A Top Scan or the return of the Enterprise are good guesses.

The more I think about this on a boring Saturday, the more I'm leaning top scan. I believe Carowinds was used and refurbished that was added this year, was Knotts (Sol Spin) as well? Or was that brand new?

Sol Spin at Knott's is brand new and custom. It has an extra seat on each arm and was designed to fit the bolt pattern of Windseeker.

The more I think about this on a boring Saturday, the more I'm leaning top scan. I believe Carowinds was used and refurbished that was added this year, was Knotts (Sol Spin) as well? Or was that brand new?.

Sol Spin was brand new.

To me...

1. Enterprise is returning or...

2. RMC Raptor

I may be crazy, but adding high thrill rides such as SolSpin in back-to-back years doesn't make much sense @ all.

I think that it would be incredibly hard to market a Gerstlauter Sky Roller with one at MOA and Matt Hehl, one of the best in the business now in Wis Dells.

Aqua loop tends to be a capsule drop slide; we have those already.

Very excited for Thursday! Please post if anything has been submitted to the city!

Very excited for Thursday! Please post if anything has been submitted to the city!

Checked right after I saw this here and nothing new has been submitted yet. I'll keep checking next week because maybe they will tell us what it will be a little early like what happened with North Star last year.

If they add a Skywarp, Sky Roller, or Top Scan I'd be happy with it, all of those look like fun rides that would go over well with the crowds. I doubt we'll be getting a Super Loop though, Looping Starship essentially does the same thing.

I said people are predicting a skywarp. I never said we were getting one.

I personally can't see it; the first sky warp is set to be announced by Skyline Attractions at IAAPA later this fall, not on Wednesday. I think the Skywarp goes to a smaller, independent park. And personally, I would prefer almost anything else to a Skywarp/or Larson loop.

At the park today, a friend and I were waiting for renegade. They stopped the train that was in the transfer and evacuated it. The ride went down and they had to inspect the train after some riders had whiplash or something and one man was wheeled off by some security and medical people. He had a neck brace and we went out right behind him through the exit.