TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

What's everyone's final predictions for 2018? I'm guessing waterpark expansion.

Hoping for a new thrill ride in the dry park, but I'd be okay with a waterpark expansion as well, even if it means the removal of Excalibur.

I'm going to guess the return of the enterprise (all refurbished) and another older refurbished ride, like world's of fun received this year. I'll put one in Tilter's old spot by Wild Thing and one at the old Corckscrew tot spot.

With the water park expansion, entrance, and parking lot project looming I don't expect any large dollars to be spent until that. Hopefully in 2019.

Long shot 2018 guess, Plant Vs Zombies (Carowinds) type attraction in Galaxy Theater.

What ever happened to some of the dark rides that were supposed to come to the Cedar Fair parks?

Was the last one Mass Effect in 2016 at Great America? That is still pretty recent. Perhaps they were trying to design more cost effective ones for smaller park.

I think the games midway is a little outdated. I know it was redone with Riptide in 2005, but I wouldn't mind seeing supercat refurbished, the enterprise return to that midway, and some of the games and shops updated. Maybe throw in the refurbishment of the bumper cars too. I think Dorney just did that too with dodgems?

Long shot 2018 guess, Plant Vs Zombies (Carowinds) type attraction in Galaxy Theater.

I work in Live E and I doubt it will be going anywhere soon unfortunately. If it was torn down VF would lack any sort of contemporary indoor stage and technical services center. I would like to see a complete makeover of galaxy like whar they did with amphitheater but i doubt it wikk happen for a while

I'm considering a trip up to the Twin Cities over Labor Day since it'd be a cheap vacation. How're crowds on the weekends? Long enough to warrant a FP? I'd be going over Labor Day weekend and I know the state fair will be going on; was wondering if it'd be the main pull instead of Valleyfair.

State Fair will definitely pull people away from Valleyfair for the two weeks that it is going. Last year they did almost 2 million in attendance over 12 days. I would imagine you could get on everything you wanted without a FP no problem.

The state fair starts on Thursday August 24. That would be a perfect day to go to Valleyfair crowds are light which I was here on Thursday today. You really don't need a fast lane unless you only want to spend a couple of hours then do the fast lane. I would go early afternoon and late evening till close crowds should be light. Walk on's.

State Fair will definitely pull people away from Valleyfair for the two weeks that it is going. Last year they did almost 2 million in attendance over 12 days. I would imagine you could get on everything you wanted without a FP no problem.

Glad I encouraged your first post since signing up

Thanks! It makes sense that would be the case. Valleyfair looks like a good park and the fact that there's a water park attached is another win.

Minnie looks like a great city for coasters!

I posted awhile back, but I am currently in the Twin Cities area and I'm planning on a visit to Valleyfair this Saturday. How are usually the crowds like on a Saturday afternoon? Will I be able to get on all the coasters or will I have to look into purchasing a fast pass?

By the way, this area is beautiful compared to the hellhole that is Chicago where I came from.

I posted awhile back, but I am currently in the Twin Cities area and I'm planning on a visit to Valleyfair this Saturday. How are usually the crowds like on a Saturday afternoon? Will I be able to get on all the coasters or will I have to look into purchasing a fast pass?

By the way, this area is beautiful compared to the hellhole that is Chicago where I came from.

Saturday is one of the busiest days like any park and it will be a nice 80 degree day they say on Saturday. That being said you will probably will not experience any line longer than 30 minutes, average will probably be 15-20 minutes. If you get to the park at opening you could hit all the coasters once between 10 am and 1 pm, 2 pm tops. If you have to have the Mad Mouse credit I would start there just due to capacity issues and then just loop around the park and hit all the other ones. After you get through with that you can re-ride what you want and I would recommend all three big thrill rides too. Power Tower, North Star and Xtreme Swings. If you do go, come back and post what you thought about your experience at VF. Always fun to read what others have to say about the park.

What's everyone's final predictions for 2018? I'm guessing waterpark expansion.

At this point, I hope for anything! The only thing I think will definitely happen for 2018: the at-the-gate ticket price will increase to $55 or more.

With tax, the total is $56.91. But, you do get that second visit.

Saturday is one of the busiest days like any park and it will be a nice 80 degree day they say on Saturday. That being said you will probably will not experience any line longer than 30 minutes, average will probably be 15-20 minutes. If you get to the park at opening you could hit all the coasters once between 10 am and 1 pm, 2 pm tops. If you have to have the Mad Mouse credit I would start there just due to capacity issues and then just loop around the park and hit all the other ones. After you get through with that you can re-ride what you want and I would recommend all three big thrill rides too. Power Tower, North Star and Xtreme Swings. If you do go, come back and post what you thought about your experience at VF. Always fun to read what others have to say about the park.

I just purchased my ticket and everything. I'm for sure going. Yeah I plan on leaving no later than 3 so I'm hoping I can make it on every ride before I leave. Thank you for the recommendations! I will definitely try to get on the thrill rides too. Definitely! I will come back to share my experience!

The state fair starts on Thursday August 24. That would be a perfect day to go to Valleyfair crowds are light which I was here on Thursday today. You really don't need a fast lane unless you only want to spend a couple of hours then do the fast lane. I would go early afternoon and late evening till close crowds should be light. Walk on's.

Thanks for the tip.