TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

So was walking into valleyfair today and I saw 3 tractors going to the back of the employee parking lot behind renagade, along either that I noticed portable light towers behind renagade. I don't know what they were doing but there is around 8 pickup trucks driving all around the employing parking lot.

Light towers have me curious because they obviously are used for evening or after dark work but nothing like that has even started yet. But why would they be there otherwise? You don't have them back there by Renegade for no reason. Anything west of the picture you have of the lights are where the wetlands will be filled in when the project starts. Maybe this is first sign of ramping up to some serious work. Donomike05, are these pickup trucks owned by VF or do they have a company logo on them for who they work for? Eight of them seems like a lot just for a smaller park to have around on a everyday basis.

Glad to see they finally changed the North Star light patterns. I think they should spin a dial each night to see which pattern they are going to use.

I like the red, white, and blue, but I absolutely hate the rainbow colors... not a political statement by any means, but the orange, green, and purple colors on a big red pole just don't fit.

You guys really are speculating over nothing at all

Well, when the area in question has been marked for the allowance of a potentially major expansion, I wouldn't exactly call that nothing.

They mowed the lawn....causing some people to have champagne wishes and caviar dreams of giga coasters.

Sorry to change the subject, but a relative just sent me this- did anyone else see this article? What do you think about it?

http://kstp.com/news/power-tower-lawsuit-valleyfair-ride-operator-erik-bedaux-sues-sands-worldwide/4547989/

Oh. My. God. Ever think that it could of been the other maintenance persons fault for it, and not S&S?

Sorry to change the subject, but a relative just sent me this- did anyone else see this article? What do you think about it?

http://kstp.com/news/power-tower-lawsuit-valleyfair-ride-operator-erik-bedaux-sues-sands-worldwide/4547989/

If something like this has never occurred in Power Tower's 17-year life then I don't think it was S&S's fault.

If something like this has never occurred in Power Tower's 17-year life then I don't think it was S&S's fault.

I'm pretty sure I know exactly what happened; I don't remember the maintenance schedule for the restraint cylinder charging, but I think they are only charged a few times a year. Nothing happened before because nobody got stuck in the way; I hope for a quick recovery for Erik. This does pose a serious risk if the maintenance manual stated this as a proper procedure, which I am sure it did. Unfortunately once the carriage hits the prox's for the lift cylinders it must put the main cylinders into neutral and put the risers into controlled decent. Luckily I think most of this could be solved by programming; but my thoughts and prayers do go out to Erik.

I only had a few hours in the park and I wanted to get my Excalibur rides in just in case. Only hit two rides, but lines were short for a Saturday around noon.

Here's my final talley:

Wild Thing x1 (Back Seat)

Excalibur x10 (4x Back, 3x Front)

On my fourth ride in the front seat right side my hand hit the support beam going under the second drop. If anyone else has had this happen please respond. (I'm 6'3)

I found no flags or anything that would indicate Excalibur would be on it's way out.

I only had a few hours in the park and I wanted to get my Excalibur rides in just in case. Only hit two rides, but lines were short for a Saturday around noon.

Here's my final talley:

Wild Thing x1 (Back Seat)

Excalibur x10 (4x Back, 3x Front)

On my fourth ride in the front seat right side my hand hit the support beam going under the second drop. If anyone else has had this happen please respond. (I'm 6'3)

I found no flags or anything that would indicate Excalibur would be on it's way out.

I touch that support almost ever time I ride. I'm 5,3. I showed my friend one time and all the gp heard it and saw it and was like "holy shit"

They mowed the lawn....causing some people to have champagne wishes and caviar dreams of giga coasters.

well you get pretty desperate after you don't get a coaster for 10 years without a coaster and 11 and 12 right around the corner

I understand the sentiment. Last year when my long dead interest in parks was renewed, I looked up CGA and was shocked that they had less rides than they did in the 90s.

Of course CF is finally going in the right direction. Maybe this park can get some love too.

Hey guys,

Quoted message from "Running_Buddy"

MLB

I would like to make a note that if you are an employee of any Cedar Fair park you risk your job endorsing and releasing such info to the public on a forum like this. One of the reasons why I cautiously limit what I post on here as some of the information I hear hasn't been released to the general public yet.