TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

FYI to those at the park today: Matt Ouimet is here today.

Did he bring anybody with him like Rob Decker? If he has Rob with him then maybe that is a sign that something will happen this year. Or it just could be his yearly visit that he does for all of the parks which is probably the case. Thanks for the info though. Since you work there and have access to behind the scene area's, how is the progress going on the new employee parking lot and road?

he is just there for a yearly visit, Andy I haven't scene the heavy machinery move in a long time.

So I was just wondering how busy this park gets? I'm going up to Minnesota next month with my boyfriend, and I was considering stopping at Valleyfair for a few hours. I don't really have all day since we plan on doing other things and we'll be with his dad most of the time. Should I also purchase a fast lane pass along with my ticket?

So I was just wondering how busy this park gets? I'm going up to Minnesota next month with my boyfriend, and I was considering stopping at Valleyfair for a few hours. I don't really have all day since we plan on doing other things and we'll be with his dad most of the time. Should I also purchase a fast lane pass along with my ticket?
it really depends on the day you go, the time of day you go and the weather. But you will rarely see a wait time over 20 mins

^Thank you for the information! I'm only going to be up there for a few days. I'm sure we are also going to the Mall of America and his dad will probably take us on his boat, so I'm hoping I can squeeze in some time to visit.

^Thank you for the information! I'm only going to be up there for a few days. I'm sure we are also going to the Mall of America and his dad will probably take us on his boat, so I'm hoping I can squeeze in some time to visit.

You could likely hit all the coasters and some of the best flats in about 6-7 hours at Valleyfair as long as it's not a weekend. But it is extremely easy to spend several days at the MOA.

You could likely hit all the coasters and some of the best flats in about 6-7 hours at Valleyfair as long as it's not a weekend. But it is extremely easy to spend several days at the MOA.

Wonderful! Nothing is set in stone yet, but I hope by the end of this week we will have a game plan on what we are doing. We are more than likely leaving on a Thursday and it's an 8 hour drive up there for me. I'm from Chicago. If anything we will probably go in the morning on a Friday. There is so much you can do up there. Especially in the Minneapolis area. However I know I'll be back up there again in the future. I also hope to do some shopping since there are no taxes on clothing items which is very nice. That's where Mall of America comes in.

How come on the right side of Power Tower the turbo drop side makes a loud noise before going up? Does maintenance know about it? If there only going to run one turbo drop they should keep the left side open instead of the right.

I know what you're talking about. Right when it raises off the ground it's a loud bang and scares you.

How come on the right side of Power Tower the turbo drop side makes a loud noise before going up? Does maintenance know about it? If there only going to run one turbo drop they should keep the left side open instead of the right.

I know what you're talking about. Right when it raises off the ground it's a loud bang and scares you.

I have noticed that but I feel like it's been that way forever.

e

WAY shorter than that even. I say 4 hours max. Not very good park. Just hit the rollies if you have limited time.

Oh, you mean the ominous bang of doom, death, and destruction? Just a bit of psychological torture. That, or it means the entire tower's going to collapse mid-ride. Bit of a coin toss really.

Maintenance knows about it and doesn't care. It's been doing it for years and the reactions are quite enjoyable. There was one group later in the day today that screamed so loudly and so much that most of the queue laughed at them.

e

WAY shorter than that even. I say 4 hours max. Not very good park. Just hit the rollies if you have limited time.

Haha! Rollie's? I like that. That's adorable. I'm going to start referring to roller coasters as rollie's for now on. I mean that's all that really matters right? We have to get every credit we can get our hands on. I really appreciate all of this insight. Unfortunately my boyfriend is a big baby when it comes to roller coasters, so that can't be our main focus. Even though I wish it was.

Oh, you mean the ominous bang of doom, death, and destruction? Just a bit of psychological torture. That, or it means the entire tower's going to collapse mid-ride. Bit of a coin toss really.

Maintenance knows about it and doesn't care. It's been doing it for years and the reactions are quite enjoyable. There was one group later in the day today that screamed so loudly and so much that most of the queue laughed at them.

Probably just the cylinders not extending simultaneously... Noisy but not really worry some.

Well RIP Excalibur its second train was taking off the tracks and put up in storage. Id assume that means its being taken out what are your guy's opinions?

The second train has been off the tracks all this year. And I believe last year it was to (at least most of the year from what I can remember).

With the supposed water park entrance coming next year, what could happen to Thunder Canyon? It would be the only ride in the back of the park once excalibur is put to rest. Could Thunder Canyon become a ride at the waterpark? I wouldn't rule out Thunder Canyon's removal also.

I would think that they would keep it since they're adding to the water park, since they're adding on too the water park that would make sense .

Nobody knows if the new entrance is coming next year, it could be 2-3 years off or it could happen next year. We will have a better idea in the next 45 days after we hear what is or what is not announced. Interesting question though, I would hope they some how could include Thunder Canyon in with the water park because it is a solid water ride and would get more use if people already in the park could just get on in since they are already in swim wear. I would like to see them include it in with the water park yet also have another queue line to the dry part of the park also. But as you mentioned, you could also see them eventually getting rid of it for something else down the road. Still no work or demolition permits issued by the city of Shakopee for VF yet. Donomike05's report on the progress of the new employee lot and service road work now has me leaning towards a new back entrance and parking lot not happening next year but the year after. But that is just my opinion, hopefully I am wrong because anything can be accomplished in any time frame. It just depends on how much money you want to throw at it.