TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Generally speaking they just embed webcams within a web page, so I assume they removed it from their site but not from the site that's actually hosting it. It's still there, it's just impossible to find unless you know what the direct link is.

^ I should have book marked it then. I just want to see what light packages they will be 'testing' before it opens.

Speaking of opening day for VF, they are down to less than 70 days until then. I have not seen any updates from Irvine Ondrey Engineering on their project for Wild Thing upgrades this off season.They said at IAAPA to follow their Facebook page for updates but they have not provided any yet. Does anybody else know anything? Please share if you do.

^

Don't know exactly when they'll be here, but IOE said in their video announcing the Wild Thing revamp that it would happen in the spring and be ready before the start of the season so I'm sure everything's fine.

Edited by VF15

Do the different restrooms have different reputations with park services?

You have no idea *thinks of chickies and petes and shivers* The worst was having to close it right after you closed down your ride in route 76 (this was before PS was reinstated). It's bittersweet that Im not returning to PS this year, but man it was it a fun department

What does everybody think regarding the impending removal of Boomerang at Knott's Berry Farm? Personally, I don't really see it being relocated to Valleyfair. If anything, I think it would go to Michigan's Adventure. While I don't see a roller coaster coming to Valleyfair soon, other additions such as flat rides and water rides are better suited at Valleyfair.

^

I don't see Knott's Boomerang coming to VF either. The ride is 27 years old, which is pretty old to be relocated (at least by Cedar Fair standards), plus Matt Ouimet has said that he isn't a fan of ride relocations. I also see at least another two or three seasons of general improvements, flat rides, and/or waterpark additions before a new coaster comes into play.

Edited by VF15

I see it less along the idea that VF needs other stuff besides a coaster, and more that we already have the Boomerang bases covered in Corkscrew and Steel Venom. You've got the loops in Cork and the back and forth from Venom.

^ Did not see this change coming. They do not look too cumbersome so I agree that is should only improve transition time between trains making it easier for people to get in and out of. Funny though how High Roller went from one retractable seat belt to individual stationed seat belts (before being replaced by 'new' trains last year) and now Renegade goes from individual stationed seat belts to individual retractable seat belts. We can only hope the next step is one retractable seat belt and a buzz bar for Renegade. I miss the buzz bar experience on HR.

From VF's Facebook, High Roller is getting some major retracking right before the first turnaround. Never thought that part of the ride was rough at all but still nice to see them giving it some love.

IMG_4510.thumb.JPG.6a208df55fe77d44cb1869597901115f.JPG

That is a lot of new wood. Do they just paint the new wood or do they re-paint the entire coaster? It could use it. Just good to see they are giving it some off season love.

Either way, there'll be paint involved. If they continue to retrack sections, it would make sense not to paint those sections just yet.