TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

^

My guess is anywhere between 2-3 hours depending on student groups. I think the most efficient will be Renegade > Wild Thing > Venom > Corkscrew > Mad Mouse > Excalibur, assuming you get there at open. Do a big loop while you wait the hour for Excalibur to open. Cosmic coaster has one train waits as well.

You forgot High Roller. That doesn't look good from someone who works at the park. Just insert High Roller after Corkscrew and I agree that would be a good path that can be done in 3 hours. Another option is Mad Mouse first (because it has capacity issues), then CS, HR, Renegade, then by that time Excalibur is open to hit, Renegade again because you will be passing by it again and it is the best coaster in the park, Wild Thing and Steel Venom on the way out. If you have time, hit up the Swings between WT and SV and ride them also.

Woops. Your snark was not necessary, however. People are allowed to forget.

Guess you missed the wink at the end of that.

Wink or not, it's kinda a jerk move to equate a momentary lapse of memory in the offseason to a reflection of my job knowledge.

But yes, don't miss Xtreme Swing. Favorite. Flat. EVER. The line should move pretty fast if you have enough time to squeeze it in.

Thanks for the input. Now I just need to find a flight into Minnie early in the morning and a flight to Wisconsin later that night!

What's everyone's opinion of Renegade? I've been on a handful of GCI's, enjoyed them all but never been totally blown away. Gold Striker has been my favorite of the 7 I've been on.

Thanks for the input. Now I just need to find a flight into Minnie early in the morning and a flight to Wisconsin later that night!

What's everyone's opinion of Renegade? I've been on a handful of GCI's, enjoyed them all but never been totally blown away. Gold Striker has been my favorite of the 7 I've been on.

Tbh Renegade is very underrated. I like it a lot and it is one of the more unique ones.

Renegade is by far the best coaster in the park and my second favorite GCI behind Prowler. Wouldn't call it a top ten ride but still an excellent one for sure. I'd suggest trying to get a night ride on it since they are amazing, but that probably won't work if you're flying in and out in one day.

Uh...you do realize that the Twin Cities are practically on the border of Wisconsin? There's no need to fly at all.

Renegade is awesome, and my personal favourite at Valleyfair! I'd say stay a second day in the Twin Cities and visit the Mall of America. SpongeBob is worth the trip all by itself, and since I'm assuming you haven't been to the Twin Cities since Renegade's opening, SpongeBob will be new to you too.

If they live near Milwaukee, they might decide to fly for times sake; it's still a 6 hour drive give or take a little.

Ding ding! We have a winner! Long drive for sure. And a one way car rental is probably just as much as a flight.

My goal is to do both VF and hit up the couple coasters at the mall if I can swing this little trip.

Definitely looking forward to Renegade and Spongebob.

Yes, I bought it last year at Dorney (it was great for Wildwater Kingdom). I either had my season pass scanned at the Fast Lane booth near the entrance or Guest Services if the booth was closed. I got a new wristband each trip because they changed the color of the band and the ride printed on the band so people can't re-use old bands.

I was just wondering would anyone like to see the LED lights turned back on the towers on Power Tower? Just because I think it would look really cool with the LED lights on the new ride North Star. Having both on would really light up the park at night. Have the LED lights on like Cedar Points Power Tower. Is there some reason why the LED lights aren't on Power Tower?

I was just wondering would anyone like to see the LED lights turned back on the towers on Power Tower? Just because I think it would look really cool with the LED lights on the new ride North Star. Having both on would really light up the park at night. Have the LED lights on like Cedar Points Power Tower. Is there some reason why the LED lights aren't on Power Tower?

I've asked this question to someone higher up at the park a few years ago and they said the bulbs have burnt out and are really expensive to replace. I could be wrong but if I remember right they don't last very long as well. It sure does look cool when it is lit up though!

IMG_0419.thumb.JPG.a57c548fa1b8556563e913267c76cc39.JPG

This was during haunt in 2014 with it lighting up purple.

I don't remember PT enough before I actually rode it for the first time to remember what it was like with different color lights. Now that it's stuck on only tower A with a purple light, it doesn't feel as spooky awesome anymore during Haunt when it's supposed to be purple. I hope the fix/upgrade the system soon.