TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Dang, when I completed IROC in the middle of summer I was just assigned a ride. Northern and autos was pretty cool though.

Your first year/time it's always luck of the draw, and where staffing is needed. After that there's a number of factors.

I am 90% sure I won't be back at least this year. But if I could I'd love to be back in Rides.

Since this thread has been dead, I figured I might as well start some discussion. Is anyone planning on working at the park this year? I currently I have a interview for a tech job in live entertainment, and will be switching to blackout in haunt. Hopefully all goes well! Although I will definitely miss park services.

A couple of my friends are planning to be part of leadership for admissions and i am planning to go back as an associate! #bestdepartmentnexttorides

So I will be making my first visit here this summer. How busy will a Monday and Tuesday be during July? I know that closer to holidays would be more busy. I would be visiting for only one day, but I do some photography so I want plenty of time to get lots of photos and a good deal of rides in. I haven't done much research in this park, but it looks quite comparable to Worlds of Fun. I'm guessing the majority of the crowds will be at the water park? Also, is there any hidden gems in the park that you just can't miss?

^

Mondays and Tuesdays in July shouldn't be too bad, I wouldn't expect more than 10-15 minute lines for anything (except for maybe Renegade or Xtreme Swing). There are the occasional weekdays where it's busier than normal (usually due to large groups in the park), but even then, you should still have plenty of time to ride everything with a few rerides and take lots of photos.

^^ I'd recommend walking on the back Planet Snoopy path that branches off by Moon Bounce/the Snoopy stage. There are some nice spots on either side to get High Roller and the pond and trees are pretty nice at sunset.

The path leading to Route 76 is nice and open, so you should be able to get some nice shots of Venom, Wild Thing, and more than likely North Star too.

So I will be making my first visit here this summer. How busy will a Monday and Tuesday be during July? I know that closer to holidays would be more busy. I would be visiting for only one day, but I do some photography so I want plenty of time to get lots of photos and a good deal of rides in. I haven't done much research in this park, but it looks quite comparable to Worlds of Fun. I'm guessing the majority of the crowds will be at the water park? Also, is there any hidden gems in the park that you just can't miss?

Valleyfair! is very similar to Worlds of Fun, minus any theming. I went on a Wednesday in late July, and crowds were very manageable. The two big rides are Wild Thing and Renegade, which are similar to Mamba and Prowler, respectively. However, their waterpark is much, much smaller than Oceans of Fun, so it doesn't draw people away from the dry park nearly as well. I'd suggest hitting Steel Venom right at opening, as it's low capacity, and also unlike anything at Worlds of Fun. As for flats, make sure you ride Xtreme Swing and Northern Lights--both very fun, and Worlds of Fun doesn't have anything like those. Power Tower isn't as good as Detonator; it's taller, but because of that, it doesn't have the airtime that Detonator does.

Have fun!

Another thing to keep in mind. VF typically only runs one train on almost all coasters on weekdays. So you might want to expect to wait longer than necessary.

Another thing to keep in mind. VF typically only runs one train on almost all coasters on weekdays. So you might want to expect to wait longer than necessary.

This is true for all but Wild Thing. WT will run two trains unless the park is literally dead and the station is empty. Renegade might have two depending on how busy it is.