TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Irvine Ondrey have announced that they are going to Valleyfair to modernise the control system on Wild Thing for next season! So they'll be able to tweak the operations, such as braking force and other such things we take for granted now but weren't around when it was built!

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

This is good news for Wild Thing. Any idea if it's happening to the other Cedar Fair Morgan Hypers?

I do know Mamba is getting improvements this off season too, I'm just not sure what. I do know that it will have automatic lapbars in 2017.

That's good news. That should help operations at Mamba, although with three long trains it already has good capacity.

Took a pic on my way home last night.

Thanks for taking the time to share the pic. Very nice to see the entire pole lit up versus what we get to see on the construction camera. A much larger lighting package than I thought they would have for it, good for the park.

Standing under the Star Flyer at Six Flags Over Georgia last year:

Me: what are those couple bright lights up there?

buddy: that's their lighting package.

Me: ?!?

Looks like Valleyfair went for an attractive lighting package, very nice.

I was able to confirm a couple of things this weekend that are pretty cool!

First, Northstar's chairs have lights as well so it will be quite a sight when it fully operational and spinning around.

Second, Valleyfair did receive the brand study that was slated for it this last summer, now its just a matter on how they implement the study. I didn't get any specifics on what they determined that Valleyfair needed. Anybody know anything else about this?

Second, Valleyfair did receive the brand study that was slated for it this last summer, now its just a matter on how they implement the study. I didn't get any specifics on what they determined that Valleyfair needed.

If they need specifics they can just read this forum because as amusement park and coaster geeks we have all the answers correct?

Guessing we probably won't be seeing any more construction/testing until March/April now that winter is kicking in, though all they really have left to do is pour concrete for the platform/queue line and install the ride's control system.

IMG_3984.thumb.JPG.c29840fee6d216da7436cf22424dca71.JPG

I was able to confirm a couple of things this weekend that are pretty cool!

First, Northstar's chairs have lights as well so it will be quite a sight when it fully operational and spinning around.

Second, Valleyfair did receive the brand study that was slated for it this last summer, now its just a matter on how they implement the study. I didn't get any specifics on what they determined that Valleyfair needed. Anybody know anything else about this?

The brand study was done at Carowinds a few years ago and what came out of it was Carolina Harbor and them bringing the park into the area's demographic instead of a corporate copycat feel. They essentially take a look at the area, see what the area's interests and themes are, market the park towards those interests, and rebrand if needed, such as the Carolina Harbor expansion.

With Valleyfair, I can see them pushing more towards the family friendly aspect and modernizing the park. Who knows what that can entail.

The brand study was done at Carowinds a few years ago and what came out of it was Carolina Harbor and them bringing the park into the area's demographic instead of a corporate copycat feel. They essentially take a look at the area, see what the area's interests and themes are, market the park towards those interests, and rebrand if needed

Apparently the TL;DR version of this that was passed on to top executives was "Give everything a corporate copycat feel but put the word "Carolina" before absolutely everything".

The brand study was done at Carowinds a few years ago and what came out of it was Carolina Harbor and them bringing the park into the area's demographic instead of a corporate copycat feel. They essentially take a look at the area, see what the area's interests and themes are, market the park towards those interests, and rebrand if needed

Apparently the TL;DR version of this that was passed on to top executives was "Give everything a corporate copycat feel but put the word "Carolina" before absolutely everything".

Substitute 'Minnesota' for 'Carolina' and I'll take all the corporate copycat generic feel that comes with it as long as the park gets a water park expansion and a new coaster like CW did.

On another note, I am surprised they left the chairs/swings on North Star. I thought they would remove them like they do on the Charlie Brown flying swings for the winter.

With Valleyfair, I can see them pushing more towards the family friendly aspect and modernizing the park. Who knows what that can entail.

So, basically the same thing they have been doing forever. I hope you're wrong, but I won't get my hopes up.