TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Irvine Ondrey have announced that they are going to Valleyfair to modernise the control system on Wild Thing for next season! So they'll be able to tweak the operations, such as braking force and other such things we take for granted now but weren't around when it was built!

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

Irvine Ondrey have announced that they are going to Valleyfair to modernise the control system on Wild Thing for next season! So they'll be able to tweak the operations, such as braking force and other such things we take for granted now but weren't around when it was built!

Awesome to hear that they're making changes to my baby. Looking forward to the improvements.

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

This is good news for Wild Thing. Any idea if it's happening to the other Cedar Fair Morgan Hypers?

^

B&M trains wouldn't work on Wild Thing because they have a 6 ft maximum height requirement due to the higher heartline. It worked for Steel Dragon 2000 because the average person's height in Japan is shorter than in the U.S. Here, B&M trains would prevent a good chunk of VF's clientele from being able to ride Wild Thing. As for three trains, we're required to have six loaders on the platform during three-train operation, don't think any of their improvements will change that but we'll see.

I'm very curious about the reasoning behind the early construction and ride testing..

Can one of you who are Dave Frazier's friend, neighbor, financial advisor, cousin twice-removed, whatever the case may be, possibly get some insight as to why the early completion?

Didn't Xtreme Swing go up pretty early as well if I remember correctly? I would venture to guess they probably don't want to leave the ride being ready for opening day up to chance due to Minnesota's unpredictable winter weather. If a ride needs any more than 8ish weeks to complete, that means your starting construction in late February/early March and you'd still be in the middle of blizzard season..

Mystery more-than-likely solved. Nevermind, we can leave Dave alone on this one..

Love the look of the ride so far! Great location as well! I still wonder if maybe North Star was part of the 2016 plans of renovating the entire Amphitheater area with Flying Eagles and the bike show. But then 2017 was slated as an off year, so they delayed the addition for one year. Now that may be a Dave question people..

I'm very curious about the reasoning behind the early construction and ride testing..

Can one of you who are Dave Frazier's friend, neighbor, financial advisor, cousin twice-removed, whatever the case may be, possibly get some insight as to why the early completion?

Didn't Xtreme Swing go up pretty early as well if I remember correctly? I would venture to guess they probably don't want to leave the ride being ready for opening day up to chance due to Minnesota's unpredictable winter weather. If a ride needs any more than 8ish weeks to complete, that means your starting construction in late February/early March and you'd still be in the middle of blizzard season..

Mystery more-than-likely solved. Nevermind, we can leave Dave alone on this one..

Love the look of the ride so far! Great location as well! I still wonder if maybe North Star was part of the 2016 plans of renovating the entire Amphitheater area with Flying Eagles and the bike show. But then 2017 was slated as an off year, so they delayed the addition for one year. Now that may be a Dave question people..

They probably do it so they don't have to deal with the horrid Minnesota winter. Blizzards, sub zero temps can be a b***h to build in.

Wasn't there some discussion at the announcement that North Star would be a 2016 expense, opening up the beginning of 2017 for spending? I think the Wild Thing reno by IOE might be filling that space in, along with the next part of the carousel reno.

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

This is good news for Wild Thing. Any idea if it's happening to the other Cedar Fair Morgan Hypers?

I do know Mamba is getting improvements this off season too, I'm just not sure what. I do know that it will have automatic lapbars in 2017.