TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

If you look closely at the bottom of the picture you can see them putting on the chains and swing seats today. Working on a Sunday they must really want to get this done.

IMG_0069.thumb.JPG.63b7df81f80bebb728fba74f7926be49.JPG

Getting close. Maybe we will see some testing in the next two weeks.

The press release for North Star said that they're expecting it to be completed by early to mid-December, they probably just want to have everything done before the winter weather hits. I'd also assume that having it done this early might help boost ticket/season pass sales now that the ride is already visible on the skyline. I doubt that we'll see any testing until spring though.

I drove by Valleyfair on the way to work. North Star has a great view coming from hwy 101 makes the sky line better. Just wondering are we going to see maybe a theme que line with red, white, blue covers over the que like Power Tower has so it doesn't get so hot waiting in line? Have some shade. Weres the ride enterance and exit going to be?

I drove by Valleyfair on the way to work. North Star has a great view coming from hwy 101 makes the sky line better. Just wondering are we going to see maybe a theme que line with red, white, blue covers over the que like Power Tower has so it doesn't get so hot waiting in line? Have some shade. Weres the ride enterance and exit going to be?

I really hope there's shade, but I'm 100% expecting there to be none.

We still don't know where entrance/exit will be. I imagine we'll know when it's poured.

Speaking of shade, did they really have to remove every last tree in the area?

My guess would be they did so because of people on the ride. Spinning around at 40 mph and hitting a tree branch with your leg probably wouldn't be super fun.

Looks like they may be working on the entrance/exit walkways.

My guess would be they did so because of people on the ride. Spinning around at 40 mph and hitting a tree branch with your leg probably wouldn't be super fun.

All the more room for trash cans

Oh god, please no more trash cans than necessary! Let's hope that the queue line is easy to understand and get into so that poor park service peeps don't avoid it and let it build up and get all gross.

Ugh. Too many bad memories of too full trash cans. Ugh.

No, they didn't. Starflyers have the ability to stop spinning before reaching the bottom.

Oh god, please no more trash cans than necessary! Let's hope that the queue line is easy to understand and get into so that poor park service peeps don't avoid it and let it build up and get all gross.

Ugh. Too many bad memories of too full trash cans. Ugh.

As a three year Park Services employee (going on four) we're definitely ok with the trashcans we have. And I definitely support the idea of having an easy queue line because harder to get to rides in regards to trash cans (renegade, wildthing,corkscrew, power tower) almost never get attention from garbage teams because of that.

First year working in Park Services in '14 I was at thunder canyon and about 6 gallons of trash juice went straight into my shoe. There's a reason why associates really hate going to queue lines. For me personally i've been working there long enough to know that its necessary to change them so I no longer mind it but its pretty evident which ride's have successful sanitary maintenance based off where the cans are located. Nothing better than trying to change the can in the renegade queue tunnel when its full of people.

First year working in Park Services in '14 I was at thunder canyon and about 6 gallons of trash juice went straight into my shoe. There's a reason why associates really hate going to queue lines. For me personally i've been working there long enough to know that its necessary to change them so I no longer mind it but its pretty evident which ride's have successful sanitary maintenance based off where the cans are located. Nothing better than trying to change the can in the renegade queue tunnel when its full of people.

It's easy to get to the station and stair trash cans, and up to the first tunnel. I usually hit up the tunnel cans in the morning or when the line dies so I don't have to shove through people with a huge bag full of trash and have it break somewhere in the middle of all of them.

I'm curious, what's your record for the number of trash bags for one can?

Excited to see North Star start to move! I'll be watching the webcam for sure over the next couple of days.

Just to let you know testing on North Star is expected to start this week! Wow that was quick!

For sure. You knew there was no way they were going to have all the construction people on site and not test the functionality and power of the ride before they left and just leave testing for the spring like some have suggested. That made no sense. Of course they will re-test it next spring before they open it to the public also. It sure does add to the skyline view when you drive by.

It's easy to get to the station and stair trash cans, and up to the first tunnel. I usually hit up the tunnel cans in the morning or when the line dies so I don't have to shove through people with a huge bag full of trash and have it break somewhere in the middle of all of them.

I'm curious, what's your record for the number of trash bags for one can?

My worst fear right there, bag breaking with guests around. I think my record was 3-4 bags last year when the schools went and ate lunch near the dino hill so the cans got slammed pretty quick. Probably one of my worst cans was a planet snoopy style can in dinos with no bag that was filled to the brim. If theres one general improvement I'd like to see valleyfair is the replacing of the planet snoopy cans with the regular ones; way too heavy to lift if filled with water or trash and the bags never say secured inside so you end up scooping a lot of the trash out by hand.

If theres one general improvement I'd like to see valleyfair is the replacing of the planet snoopy cans with the regular ones; way too heavy to lift if filled with water or trash and the bags never say secured inside so you end up scooping a lot of the trash out by hand.

THIS. Ever since they've taken off the stickers from the Snoopy cans, they've just kinda been really dull looking and I think they'd look better if they were the regular ones. Yeah, not to mention that they're a nightmare to change.

Look like North Star got 2/3 of the way up at least today!

^Agreed. How does one change one of those cans????

Theres a smaller plastic bin inside the can with two plastic semi circles encircling the top of the inner can. The first bag goes in the plastic bin (not all cans have the plastic bin) and the second bag gets tucked around the plastic semi circles (this is the part where the bag usually doesn't hold)