TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I've been a season pass holder for 10 years and this weekend will be my first time going to haunt (hard to believe, I know). The FAQ on the website doesn't explain that much, but what time does the park officially switch from the "great pumpkin fest" to haunt? Do you need the skeleton key for all skeleton key attractions or is that just the fast lane for the haunt attractions?

I've been a season pass holder for 10 years and this weekend will be my first time going to haunt (hard to believe, I know). The FAQ on the website doesn't explain that much, but what time does the park officially switch from the "great pumpkin fest" to haunt? Do you need the skeleton key for all skeleton key attractions or is that just the fast lane for the haunt attractions?

Monsters come out around 7:00.

You do need to buy Skeleton Key to go in the Skeleton Key rooms. Skeleton Key/Fright Lane are bundled together, so you get to skip the lines for all the mazes once, too.

Have fun, Haunt is amazing (Don't miss Hacks, they're pretty funny).

Great Pumpkin fest ends at 6 (when the kid's rides close) and the monsters come out around 6:40ish, with mazes opening around 7 or when the monsters get back from the opening ceremony. If you are in the front of the park around 6:50, I recommend checking the opening ceremony out!

Based on past experiences, this weekend is going to be very busy, so if you are considering skeleton key or fast/fright lane, I'd say go for it!

Definitely check out Hacks! Very funny but it is a PG13 event! You will love Haunt. The whole park takes on a completely different atmosphere. Hope for the winds to die down because still nights are the best, it causes the fog to be very heavy. Renegade is amazing right now! Look for Renegade Mike!

• 2 weeks later...
It is the last weekend of the season . I'm looking forward to 2017 Northstar opening next season. Are we going to see any more rides leaving in 2018 for new ones? Was Northstar in this year's budget?

I actually heard a rumor from another employee that Looping Starship might not be back next season due to maintenance issues, but that is just a rumor so don't quote me on that. Regardless, if Looping Starship was removed, I don't think many tears would be shed.

It is the last weekend of the season . I'm looking forward to 2017 Northstar opening next season. Are we going to see any more rides leaving in 2018 for new ones? Was Northstar in this year's budget?

I actually heard a rumor from another employee that Looping Starship might not be back next season due to maintenance issues, but that is just a rumor so don't quote me on that. Regardless, if Looping Starship was removed, I don't think many tears would be shed.

Highly unlikely that they'll just pull a ride like that after the season is over; I'd imagine they'd have a pretty big PR issue on their hands if they just pulled a ride without warrant.

There a few other rides like Looping Starship in the chain and I've never heard anything about maintenance issues (Berserker at KD and Southern Star at Carowinds come to mind). They seem to be incredibly low tech rides... I would think that if they removed Looping Starship it would probably be to free up space for more Soak City expansion.

The Looping Starship being removed to make room for a Soak City expansion has been around for nearly as long as the "removal of Excalibur for something else" rumor. I also heard that Supercat would be removed this off-season along with Enterprise to enter into refurbishments. That didn't pan out, so until the park makes an announcement, I'll put the stone and chisel down for now.

But yes, I eventually see LS being removed for a Soak City expansion. Hopefully that's after we get our next coaster.

Highly unlikely that they'll just pull a ride like that after the season is over; I'd imagine they'd have a pretty big PR issue on their hands if they just pulled a ride without warrant.

They have removed some rides without an announcement in the past (Hydroblaster, Antique Autos 1.0, etc.), but yeah, I'm not 100% sure about that rumor.

Anyway, looks like the construction cam has been moved to Wild Thing's MCBR.

IMG_3817.thumb.JPG.5d685ff75f08fea1f32861ce74884095.JPG

Stuff that left with a big announcement and going away celebration:

Enterprise

Stuff they just demolished in the off-season:

Chaos

Antique Autos

Imax

HydroBlaster

Haunt struck me as kind of an off year as far as decoration and staffing. I did go through Chateau because I had been through in the lights on tour and knew the general layout and where the monsters might hide, and Beserkers where everyone went through as a group.

Edited by Mdcastle

Do any of you guys have a clue if All Season Fast Lane is returning next season?

I'd love to see it come back, but I'm betting they're gonna raise the price. $70 seems like too much of a steal for an entire season.

Yeah, i'm guessing a price in the 150 range, since the $70 was from August-October.

Stuff that left with a big announcement and going away celebration:

Excalibur

Stuff they just demolished in the off-season:

Chaos

Antique Autos

Imax

HydroBlaster

Haunt struck me as kind of an off year as far as decoration and staffing. I did go through Chateau because I had been through in the lights on tour and knew the general layout and where the monsters might hide, and Beserkers where everyone went through as a group.

Excalibur is still here.