TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Is Valleyfair trying too hard with haunt? After last night I don't like the way Haunt is headed. Haunt use to be fun with Camp Wekilou, London Terror, and The Asylum (Three of really good mazes in my opinion). ValleyFair has managed successfully to screw all of this up. They have added absolute crap the last two-three years from Dinosaurs Alive to Trails End to Humane Habitat to The Berseekers to The Asylum Unleashed to the introduction dance (The Chateau wasn't an addition, just an upgrade). It's sad, but Haunt is going in a direction I don't like. They keep spending money on crap attractions when Zombie High has had the same route for 3-4 years now. ValleyFair needs to stop trying to do new and difficult things, they are obviously failing. They need to go back to original because thats what all their popular attractions are such as Mr. Cleavers Bloodshed, Hellside Farm, Zombie High, and The Chateau. I hope Haunt next year adds a more original maze. Now the whole overlord introduction I have mixed feelings on. I LOVED the Thriller Dance, it was so cool to have 50-100 zombies dancing and then running and chasing everyone. This year isn't all bad but I liked lasted years much more. I like the zombie train this year alot, but the rest of it doesn't make sense to me. For example the Chateau Butler is telling the overlord to leave and take her evils with her but then he and his group become evil and takes a girl from the audience? I'm confused by it. I miss the old haunt alot.

I've been saying this for years. They get rid of good mazes and bring in terrible ones. Or demote good mazes to scare zones, like the clown one. I was sad to see the asylum is now gone. Never been a fan of hellside farm and that's sticking around. Zombie high and London terror are also not that great. I will say I actually enjoy humane habitat though. And I am glad they made chateau a permanent maze because I've always enjoyed that one. But, most of the haunt decisions I question. I will be going this Friday and I heard the new one is lame now too. I shall she for myself.

CarnEvil seems OK as a scare zone

I haven't seen Asylum as a scare zone. Did we ever get a straight answer whey they were kicked out apparently just to run the bumper cars?

I never saw London Terror.

Carnage was no great loss

Trails end providers a good spot for the sliders and for people watching. I like to sit well out of the way with my immunity necklace and watch the fun.

I did see Chateau during the "lights on, vampires are sleeping" daytime tours. It was awesome even then.

Do they ship props around once a maze closes, like could we get Nevermore or something?

I feel like I've explained the london terror fire scenario over a thousand times. Asylum was going to be re built from scratch in a permanent building and they didnt need the old props/walls because it was going to be brand new. Then an arsonist burned london to the ground (London Terror has a whole new meaning now ) and they had to use the budget to replace london with something. Instead of loosing 2 mazes they went with loosing one. Since they had to pay to clean out and re build the london tent structure why no put off asylum for a year and re build something in londons place. Beserkers was a last minute idea and they didnt have much time to plan it. I see it has potential and will probably become a better experience. And it was originally in the plans to completely cut asylum for a year. But they brought it back in some form. So they did NOT remove it to ruin our haunt experience. Valleyfair does not have near enough haunt actor staff to fulfil every guests experience. So thats why the actors target the GP since they are more easily scared. If you want a better experience try acting like your scared and they'll go for you. So to sum it up. London and asylum had issues that prevented them from happening this year. If someone is to ask why asylum was a scarezone I will just copy and paste this text.

Hey everyone, took two Haunt trips this weekend. If you're interested, I wrote a blog post:

https://livelaughlovee13.wordpress.com/2016/09/25/haunt-weekend-sept-23-and-24/

Friday was a rainy, dreary day; and there really were not many people in the park at all that night

This is the understatement of the year. It was empty. Like, it would have been considered a slow day at Dorney. The employees definitely outnumbered the guests.

There was what, 15 people in the Hacks show? And then walking onto the High Roller? That never happens, ever.

, For example the Chateau Butler is telling the overlord to leave and take her evils with her but then he and his group become evil and takes a girl from the audience? I'm confused by it.

If you actually listen to the ceremony that's not what happens. The monsters who take the girl are obviously sent by freyia. "Step aside butler, and see what haunt is REALLY about" they are sent by freyia and go take the girl. You may have seen the friday performance where the butler opens the gate for the monsters to get through there's normally a zombie who opens that as the butler sits and watches what happens. But they were low on staff so he opened it. Watch my video to look back at it. I posted the link on an earlier page in this discussion.

OK, It's never been explained that concisely before.

Do we have an speculation where Asylum would have been / will be built?

Not sure. All i know is that it was in the plans so they scrapped old asylum. Asylum will probably return in a maze form in the near future. I actually think the haunt department did a good job on bringing back asylum in some shape or form. Truthfully if they didnt bring it back or replace london. That would mean we'd have lost 2 attractions and only have 5 mazes. We are down one maze but up one scarezone. If i were most of you I wouldn't complain. This is valleyfair, not Hallowen Horror Nights. Be happy they gave us something instead of nothing. (Not reffering to you Mdcastle. This post was a response and then a general statement.) EDIT: Beserkers has the potential to be altered and changed and it probably will. They can edit the story to make it longer. London burned in the spring. They didnt have long to fully plan the maze and I think they did a good job to conjure something up with the time they had. Im glad they didnt re build london. Beserkers will more than likely become better. In order to enjoy it this year you have to have good taste and have the right expectations.

So they group people together for Beserkers?

It does seem like there's some limitations to permemant haunt structures. You need space for them, you want them spread out,and relatively inconspicuous the rest of the year.

One idea I had was a large permanent building where Beserkers / London Terror is that would house both Beserkers and Asylum. Hellside would move back to replace Humane Habitat. The old Tilt-A-Whirl spot and Soak City could have temporary indoor structures.

it seems that asylum unleashed has been discontinued and whatever plans to bring it back as a maze haze been seized. This is america people...

Not to mention dinoslaughter was also discontinued last week. Sure these scarezones weren't good but there's staff in them. People have lost their jobs because of this. Most of the actors were sent elsewhere to places in need but otherwise blackouts aren't needed in other places so Im pretty sure they were let go. And we are down to only 10 attractions total.

EDIT actually were down to 10 attractions. I totally forgot about trails end and carnevil

Woah, when did this all happen? Please tell me this isn't related to the FearVR situation in California.

Also, what is happening with Dinoslaughter? I know it's hilariously bad, but with a name like Dinoslaughter they probably knew that was how it was going to turn out going in so why are they just now deciding to shut it down?

Speaking of Dinoslaughter, what was the deal with that random fun house tunnel at the beginning? The only thing I can think of is traveling back in time?

it seems that asylum unleashed has been discontinued and whatever plans to bring it back as a maze haze been seized. It's no longer on the website.

Not to mention dinoslaughter is also no longer on the website.

Woah, when did this all happen? Please tell me this isn't related to the FearVR situation in California.

Also, what is happening with Dinoslaughter? I know it's hilariously bad, but with a name like Dinoslaughter they probably knew that was how it was going to turn out going in so why are they just now deciding to shut it down?

Speaking of Dinoslaughter, what was the deal with that random fun house tunnel at the beginning? The only thing I can think of is traveling back in time?

It is. It was shut down for that reason. The advocate group is out to shut them all down. Eternity Infirmary is still standing however. Cedar Point probably wont remove it until they are forced to. And yes it is for time travel. Dino was discontinued because they needed the staff elsewhere.

Edited by VFhauntblog

Are we seriously so sensitive as a society that we can't realize what is fantasy and suspended disbelief? I'd like to think not, but apparently so. I'm more wary of the Bite The Dust skeleton key room being insensitive than I am for Asylum.

I dont think enough people have experienced skeleton key to know what goes on over there. So I better buy my passes before its gone