TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

World-record setting? Couldn't possibly tell you.

Would be a great--and not terribly expensive--way to put VF on the map. We'll see!

A World record-breaking swing would have to be over 400 feet tall (To beat SFOT), and I don't think that the height restriction would change that much throughout the park, would it?

I would expect something around the 300 foot range.

I'm very interested in seeing how tall this star flyer will be and if the myth that Valleyfair can't build over 275 feet is true.

We know they can't build higher than 275 feet, They say it on their website. What we don't know is whether or not this is true throughout the park.

Fine, I'll be more specific. What I said about Power Tower's height limited by the location they wanted to erect it--and other areas of the park that aren't limited to 275 feet? Was said by Larry Mackenzie during a Coaster Craze Q&A session. He was the VP & GM before Dave Frazier. He'd know. It wasn't said to me alone, but to all of us. It's fact. It's true. Believe it.

But is it true of the Enterprise site? Couldn't tell you. I haven't a clue. He didn't tell us WHERE they could build taller things.

And even if they could, it doesn't mean they will. BuuUUUuuut it's possible............................................dot dot dot...........

With all the problems Cedar Fair has had with the Windseekers, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go with a Funtime Star Flyer. I think it would be a nice change of pace. I loved the ones at SFNE and SFGAdv.

But then again, they just purchased from Mondial for the ride at Kings Dominion, so this could be a new Windseeker after all. We'll have to wait and see.

If it does end up being a Star Flyer, I think it would be good addition. While I haven't ridden one yet, it does look more thrilling than the Windseeker models. Would also have some nice curb appeal being close to the front of the park and Highway 101.

I did a quick look online and found a old presentation that included the airspace zoning for Flying Cloud Airport, and it looks like the entire park falls around the 320 feet height limit. I've attached a picture and marked Valleyfair, which is at the bottom right. I'm not sure how accurate this is though.

airspacefaa.JPG.c13b00f6fcfcf7dd670acdc6ef9a938c.JPG

Flying Cloud Airport Airspace Zoning

If it does end up being a Star Flyer, I think it would be good addition. While I haven't ridden one yet, it does look more thrilling than the Windseeker models. Would also have some nice curb appeal being close to the front of the park and Highway 101.

The Windseekers have a better curb appeal than the Star Flyers because of how massive they are - also the night light show is much more impressive

I've heard two separate things about what will be replacing Enterprise.

-A relocated Star-Flyer type attraction from England around 100 feet in height.

-A 245 foot Mondial WindSeeker.

Though with the announcement date, my money's on the windseeker

August 18th will tell for sure.

I've heard two separate things about what will be replacing Enterprise.

-A relocated Star-Flyer type attraction from England around 100 feet in height.

-A 245 foot Mondial WindSeeker.

Though with the announcement date, my money's on the windseeker

August 18th will tell for sure.

Is that the announcement date? That's the same date as WOF's.

^KD announced some waterslides the same day Fury was announced. The closings of Enterprise and Mean Streak were announced on the same day.

While I could name-drop my source, I know you'd be the first to pounce on me for doing so. And no, it's not Dave Frazier.

I think a funtime starflyer is more likely. Windseekers have had there issues. Either way should make a very solid addition to the park!

Yeah, exactly. Plus cost should be down a little thanks to the dollar coming closer to parity. I'd even find an ARM ride possible. But not the Mondial one. Noooooo way.

There is no chance they're buying another Windseeker. None.

Agreed. If it says Star Flyer ride, I'm going to put two and two together and say its a Funtime Star Flyer. Never been on one, but I don't like the idea of being held up by nothing but chains 300 feet in the air. Looking at the ones at SFOT and SFNE, they sure do look impressive. I think it will be in a perfect location in the park drawing in guests right as they enter. Nice addition. I'm guessing we'll probably see most of the parks without Windseekers add these in the near future (DP, CGA, KBF).

Agreed. If it says Star Flyer ride, I'm going to put two and two together and say its a Funtime Star Flyer. Never been on one, but I don't like the idea of being held up by nothing but chains 300 feet in the air. Looking at the ones at SFOT and SFNE, they sure do look impressive. I think it will be in a perfect location in the park drawing in guests right as they enter. Nice addition. I'm guessing we'll probably see most of the parks without Windseekers add these in the near future (DP, CGA, KBF).

Knotts berry farm had one and sent it to wof because it kept having issues

I think a funtime starflyer is more likely. Windseekers have had there issues. Either way should make a very solid addition to the park!

I'm with these guys... I would be shocked, SHOCKED, if CF installed another Windseeker anywhere in their parks! Getting them running fairly regularly finally doesn't mean the park chain has suddenly forgiven or forgotten all of the extensive troubles they've had with them over the years. My money is definitely on a Star Flyer model like Six Flags has! Hopefully, it's not simply a used, 100 foot one though... That seems incredibly anti-climactic of an addition, and doesn't really seem like "new heights"...

I don't see the 100 ft version possibly happening. It would be such a letdown for all of the Passholders and everybody may not renew passes. Plus, it wouldn't be that much taller than the current yo-yo in Planet Snoopy.

^Exactly. I'll be even more shocked of it being a used version than I will if it turns out being the Mondial version. Both seem slim to no chance. I'd expect it fall in between that 250-275 foot range, about the same height as Power Tower. If it turns out that end of the park has a little higher of a height restriction --> B&M Giga that goes out to the employee dorms and back please!!

Cedar Fair learned its lesson with the Windseekers and their reliability.

Star Flyers seem to be much more reliable and still provide good opportunity for light effects at night, although not on the scale of the Windseeker.

I'm extremely satisfied with this addition.