TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

https://www.valleyfair.com/what-s-new/enterprise-announcement/?mobile=0

Last year for Enterprise. Twitter says to prepare for new heights in 2017. I'll guess Sky Roller or Frisbee!

A frisbee would give VF a great flat ride selection with Power Tower, Extreme Swing and a Frisbee

https://www.valleyfair.com/what-s-new/enterprise-announcement/?mobile=0

Last year for Enterprise. Twitter says to prepare for new heights in 2017. I'll guess Sky Roller or Frisbee!

No! Enterprise is so much fun.

By new heights do they mean this will be the tallest ride in the park? Could be a WindSeeker; I can't think of any other flats that could be over 200 ft tall except for shot/drop towers.

So that is the announcement. Enterprise is leaving instead of getting a 'refurb'. They hint at 'New Heights' so now we can wonder what that means until we get the details in mid August. Sad to see one of my favorite flats as a kid leave but you have to make room for the new memories of the next generation. Let the speculation begin. Personally I was hoping for an announcement that involved moving the service road but since it did not there is again no coaster in sight. CF has such a good growth strategy for the smaller park in the chain....and that strategy is grow the bigger parks.

They have really put an emphasis on that random pathway to Steel Venom lately. 3 out of the last 4 years have been focused on it with Route 76 ('14), Flying Eagles & Amphitheater ('16), and now this "New Heights in 2017."

I hope it's a Sky Roller. Those look like a ton of fun and are pretty unique! I know that Nick Universe has something similar, but Valleyfair's would be taller. I'm still not sold on a Windseeker being added. I think that ship has sailed with Cedar Fair.

The announcement makes it sound like Enterprise leaving is a permanent thing. I hope it's a year or two off to get refurbished and return in Tilter's old spot or something...

Another smaller-medium sized investment. Sooner or later something large has to come!!

Seems strange that they are removing it so early if it will just be replaced by another flat ride. Let the speculation begin!

That's a good point. Even Mean Streak at CP isn't closing until September 16 and that's rumored to be getting an RMC conversion. Are there any markers in the Enterprise area?

Edit: This is probably the most optimistic I've ever been in my life, but after looking at the map, I noticed that Enterprise is RIGHT next to the entrance. Could we seeing a new entrance with an entrance coaster? It could have the station where Enterprise is then go past the re-done entrance and on the parking lot side of Dinosaurs Alive. I just don't know what else would require them to close Enterprise so early.

Edited by MidwestThemeParks

A Frisbee is definitely possible, I'm just thinking when they say NEW heights that it could be one of the taller rides in the park, not similar to other rides.. I've been on the mondial at Cedar Point and Kings Island but does anyone know how high you go compared to Xtreme Swing?

If the Enterprise will leave for a year for rehab I believe we'll see a new Enterprise for 2018 season. My speculation is its going to be either a Wind Seeker or a Star Flyer to replace the Enterprise. How about the Supercat or Monster are they also going to get rehabs done at the same time? It will be different not to see the Enterprise in the same spot for 2017 I will miss it is one of my favorite flat rides at Valleyfair. Why is Antique Autos leaving? I'm on my way back from Kings Island I did ride there Wind Seeker as well it was open all day both two days I was there. What are the mechanical issues for Wind Seekers?

I Why is Antique Autos leaving?

They are not leaving (they just put them in new 2 years ago). CaptianUnknown was just pointing out that when they announced the retirement/leaving of the Antique Auto's that the park said the same thing only to bring them back 2 years later. Hopefully this does happen with Enterprise or even better and the park gets the new version of Enterprise without the sides on the cars. Either way is fine by me IF it happens.

It's always a shame to see an Enterprise removed. They're great rides.

Edit: This is probably the most optimistic I've ever been in my life, but after looking at the map, I noticed that Enterprise is RIGHT next to the entrance. Could we seeing a new entrance with an entrance coaster? It could have the station where Enterprise is then go past the re-done entrance and on the parking lot side of Dinosaurs Alive. I just don't know what else would require them to close Enterprise so early.

This is wild speculation but if they removed Dinos and used the area where the Enterprise is for a turnaround they could have a huge front gate coaster. I don't see it happening but it does lead to some fun speculation.

This is wild speculation but if they removed Dinos and used the area where the Enterprise is for a turnaround they could have a huge front gate coaster. I don't see it happening but it does lead to some fun speculation.

I also don't see it happening until the contract with Dino's is up, but by that point (more than likely next year) there will probably be something in the Enterprise spot. How old is the current entrance anyway?

Another interesting thing is that they tweeted that 38-year-old Enterprise is leaving. Maybe they are getting the new version of this ride?

I think you're looking too far into it. It was probably just more of a way for them to justify it leaving being so old, so people realize it's an old ride that should be replaced. It would be really hard to market removing a ride replaced with an updated version of the same ride like this.

If the park with no new looping coaster in 35 (36?) seasons removes yet ANOTHER ride that goes upside down (Skyscraper being the other) welllllll...

A Sky Roller would be great! It's as hardcore as you'd want it to be. While I wouldn't be angry with a Giant Frisbee, I don't see the point with a Screaming Swing already here. I'd be highly disappointed with a Windsucker.

In my dreams, they'd only prep that space, the 'Galaxy Stage' across from That Other Nearby Stage and other areas for a Real Coaster in 2018 while they dropped KBF's Tornado in Soak City. Not that it's a realistic thought, but for what it's worth...

There's my two cents!

Sad to see Enterprise go, it's actually my second favorite flat ride in the park behind Xtreme Swing, but I guess I can live without it. Anyway, heard a rumor from a fellow employee that a Windseeker (potentially relocated from Carowinds) could be going in Enterprise's spot next year, but don't quote me on that.

Sad to see Enterprise go, it's actually my second favorite flat ride in the park behind Xtreme Swing, but I guess I can live without it. Anyway, heard a rumor from a fellow employee that a Windseeker (potentially relocated from Carowinds) could be going in Enterprise's spot next year, but don't quote me on that.

Too late

In all seriousness though that would be interesting. I don't know why Carowinds would want to remove their Windseeker but I guess they would have their reasons of that ended up actually happening.

Am I the only one who legitimately enjoys windseekers? Honestly enterprise was a fun ride. Not anything insane but I'll admit going upside down without restraints is pretty crazy. I just hope they replace it with something good

They are fun, very tall, and visually stunning. Honestly, if there was only one in existence I think enthusiasts would eat it up and wish there were more but since it has become commonplace in the chain, enthusiasts have lost interest. Just my interpretation of it. Same thing seems to be happening to the Justice League rides and S&S Free Spins in the Six Flags chain.

A Frisbee is definitely possible, I'm just thinking when they say NEW heights that it could be one of the taller rides in the park, not similar to other rides.. I've been on the mondial at Cedar Point and Kings Island but does anyone know how high you go compared to Xtreme Swing?

Delirium at Kings Island and MaXair at Cedar Point are actually Huss Giant Frisbee rides and Psyclone at Canada's Wonderland and Delirium at Kings Dominion are Mondial Revolutions. But, I have been on both Psyclone at Canada's Wonderland and Delirium at Kings Island. The Huss Giant Frisbee does swing up to a maximum height of 141 feet and the Mondial Revolution swings up to a maximum height of 115 feet. The Xtreme Swing at Valleyfair swings a maximum height of 125 feet. From what I've found is that the Mondial Revolution seems to be more intense and enjoyable than the Huss Giant Frisbee even though the Huss one does swing 26 feet higher and spins faster.

But, I believe Valleyfair will be receiving a Gerstlauer Sky Roller, which will be going in Enterprise's place. I've been on Skyhawk at Canada's Wonderland about 13 times now and it is a great ride. It does take some practice flipping upside down but once you master it, flipping upside down becomes very easy, especially if there is a moderate to strong breeze. The Gerstlauer Sky Roller is definitely a ride that soars to new heights.

Am I the only one who legitimately enjoys windseekers? Honestly enterprise was a fun ride. Not anything insane but I'll admit going upside down without restraints is pretty crazy. I just hope they replace it with something good

I love the Windseekers. I've ridden the ones at CP and WoF. The CP one was a little scary because of the wind up that high right next to the lake, but the views were absolutely amazing.

Anyway, heard a rumor from a fellow employee that a Windseeker (potentially relocated from Carowinds) could be going in Enterprise's spot next year, but don't quote me on that.

But, if the 275 foot height limit is an actual thing, that wouldn't be possible.

I have a feeling that we will be hearing several more announcements this fall, not just what's going to replace Enterprise. I'm betting a new version of Enterprise will return to the park at some future date. What ever is replacing Enterprise must be pretty substantial if construction is going to have to start before the end of the season. I can't remember when we have seen construction for a new attraction starting so early except for a coaster!

^Construction has often started for non-coaster attractions shortly after Labor Day. More often than not, if you ask me. That sad lil' kiddie area where PT stands now was already a dirt pile by the first week of September. PT's steel structure was fully standing by Veterans Day. Xtreme Swing was both standing and fully operational by Christmas.

Assuming CF's dismantling Enterprise for 'classic ride refurbishment' and placement elsewhere, there's nothing surprising about the closing date.

While that wouldn't exclude long-term ground prep for a major coaster in 2018? I wouldn't read too much into Enterprise's closing date.

I wonder if anything will replace Enterprise or if it will just become a prepping ground for a front gate coaster in 2017/2018. The ideas are endless. It was quite a surprise to hear this announcement; I thought it would have been a closure due to a Dark Ride or Soak City expansion. Enterprise is quite a surprise location, they have been redeveloping that area for quite a while now with the expansion of Route 76 and this years Flying Eagles addition. All these expansions could mean they want this area ready for a state of the art coaster comes in. Getting on the topic a front gate coaster (which it looks like they are starting preparation for), I don't think it could work unless the entrance was moved to more of a central location. The entrance is so far to the left. But if they move the entrance why would they need the prepping ground from Enterprise. I have been a ValleyFair fan for about 6 years now and this year is so different since so many different things could happen. All other years we knew what the announcement was most likely and this year it could be anything from a Soak City expansion to a dark ride to a Sky Roller to a preparation for a B&M. The future is starting to look bright for ValleyFair!

I'd be surprised if this had anything to do with a front gate coaster. Don't get me wrong, I think a coaster is coming to the Dino's spot a year after they leave (2020-2021). It just seems like Enterprise needed to be rehabbed badly. Let's put a new flat ride in it's place while we do that. Then we can bring Enterprise back in 2018 all shiny and new at a different location.

I think it's a great spot for a flat ride with some height. Something people will notice and be attracted to right when they enter the gates.