TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

It'd probably be a version like Adventureland got if you do get one. You don't need the huge capacity of the larger versions.

But, if Cedar Fair has never gotten one of the smaller versions I don't see why they would start with VF. The smaller version only seats 32 people. With how long it takes to load these things and the length of the ride, the line could get insane on busy days. I think it would be stupid to get the 32-person model instead of the generic 64-person model. Who cares if there are empty seats during the week? If they're going to spend millions on a ride like this, I think it would be worth it to spend another million or two to get the larger model so capacity won't be an issue if it doesn't have to be.

Spoken like someone who has never been to Adventureland and witnessed how quickly they can be loaded. Slow ops on these things appear to only be a CF phenomenon. Oh and not to mention this model hasn't suffered any issues like the larger ones have.

It'd probably be a version like Adventureland got if you do get one. You don't need the huge capacity of the larger versions.

But, if Cedar Fair has never gotten one of the smaller versions I don't see why they would start with VF. The smaller version only seats 32 people. With how long it takes to load these things and the length of the ride, the line could get insane on busy days. I think it would be stupid to get the 32-person model instead of the generic 64-person model. Who cares if there are empty seats during the week? If they're going to spend millions on a ride like this, I think it would be worth it to spend another million or two to get the larger model so capacity won't be an issue if it doesn't have to be.

Spoken like someone who has never been to Adventureland and witnessed how quickly they can be loaded. Slow ops on these things appear to only be a CF phenomenon. Oh and not to mention this model hasn't suffered any issues like the larger ones have.

I've been to Adventureland. When I was there last year Storm Chaser was closed because they were buying a new part at Walmart.

Even if they can be loaded quickly, I still don't think it would hurt the park to spend a little extra and get the larger model. Why make capacity a potential issue if you don't have to?

I've been to Adventureland. When I was there last year Storm Chaser was closed because they were buying a new part at Walmart.

Even if they can be loaded quickly, I still don't think it would hurt the park to spend a little extra and get the larger model. Why make capacity a potential issue if you don't have to?

Because VF doesn't need that level of capacity?

I've heard that the announcement date will be August 18th.

I don't know whether or not the park would be willing to get rid of Galaxy for a Triotech dark ride as it's the only fully enclosed entertainment venue in the park. I doubt the new ampitheater will go anywhere for a long time. A good chunk of money was spent on it and it sounds like All Wheels Extreme will be back for 2017 from what I've gained talking to some of the cast. It's a good performance venue, but at the same time, it's fully exposed--leaving the patrons baking in the sun and could be a fire hazard trying to get out of there if the gate's closed.

In other news, here's another one of my stupid/crazy pipe dreams for the park.

Red: Mondial Revolution named Delirium--sooner rather than later

Blue: Compact thrill coaster. Think Premier Sky Rocket II or S&S 4-D Free-Fly--later rather than sooner.

Black: the queue/entrance for said coaster.

Screenshot.jpg.18d9177ea657455086a3c1abf2f22a70.jpg

I don't know whether or not the park would be willing to get rid of Galaxy for a Triotech dark ride as it's the only fully enclosed entertainment venue in the park...

I thought they were gonna add it where the Bumper Cars are

I don't know whether or not the park would be willing to get rid of Galaxy for a Triotech dark ride as it's the only fully enclosed entertainment venue in the park...

Don't really think the Bumper Cars building is suitable to house a dark ride. Even if it was, it would have to be a very small/short ride to fit in there.

image.jpeg.fa378e0bcb74e4d9c193684604dd8cf3.jpeg

Can't see a dark ride working here unless building's footprint is extended.

How is the All Wheels Xtreme show being received? I realize I'm not the target audience for it, but yesterday at WOF I noticed a very small audience in attendance for their version the two times I walked by while the show was going on.

I've seen it quite a few times already and It seems to get a good audience for each show. Even in the hottest of days from what I've seen people still watch it.

Don't really think the Bumper Cars building is suitable to house a dark ride. Even if it was, it would have to be a very small/short ride to fit in there.

It's possible to just demolish it and build a new structure you know. Most people are probably reffering to building the dark ride on that land.

I hope Valleyfair's announcement this week is similar to Cedar Point's just now. Insert: Excalibur. Even though I enjoy Excalibur more than most people, the low ridership and superior plans for that area mean that it is time for it to go!

Fairly sure Excalibur isn't going anywhere just yet. The second Excalibur train is currently in the maintenance shop getting refurbished, don't think they'd want to remove it right after doing that.

I hope Valleyfair's announcement this week is similar to Cedar Point's just now. Insert: Excalibur. Even though I enjoy Excalibur more than most people, the low ridership and superior plans for that area mean that it is time for it to go!

Fairly sure Excalibur isn't going anywhere just yet. The second Excalibur train is currently in the maintenance shop getting refurbished, don't think they'd want to remove it right after doing that.

Do we have any proof they are actually doing anything with the second train? It doesn't take that long to fix a train. Maybe they are just getting it ready to send away or stripping it of its useful parts for future use on Corkscrew or other Arrow coasters in CF. Excalibur closes before the end of the season so they would have from September/October until May to fix the train.

The second Excalibur train is currently in the maintenance shop getting refurbished, don't think they'd want to remove it right after doing that.

What are they suppose to say? They can't tell you the truth..."Yeah, this train is pretty much shot and the plan is Excalibur is getting scrapped anyway after this season, so we're just gonna run one train the rest of the season and tell everyone (including employees) the second is in the shop for maintenance. They'll all believe us, suckers!!"

I may or may not have added that last part.

Do we have any proof they are actually doing anything with the second train? It doesn't take that long to fix a train.

Yes, there's a picture of them fixing the train in the Valleyfair Backstage Tour Trip Report here on TPR.

Do we have any proof they are actually doing anything with the second train? It doesn't take that long to fix a train.

Yes, there's a picture of them fixing the train in the Valleyfair Backstage Tour Trip Report here on TPR.

I just looked through that thread...... The only pictures of Excalibur are the cars of the train covered up and there's another picture of some Arrow wheels. There aren't any pictures of them working on the train.

https://www.valleyfair.com/what-s-new/enterprise-announcement/?mobile=0

sampheader2.jpg.8d0f7b7de6f887794a299fe819885e7d.jpg

Valleyfair Bids Farewell to Enterprise

After 38 years, Valleyfair will say goodbye to one of its earliest rides. Enterprise will give its final ride to park guests on Sunday, August 21, 2016 before being retired to make room for future growth of Valleyfair.

More than 15 and a half million riders have experienced Enterprise since its installation at Valleyfair in 1979.

“While it’s bittersweet to say goodbye to one of our park’s oldest rides, we’re excited for what the future holds,” says Dave Frazier, Vice President and General Manager of Valleyfair. “The park has evolved so much over the past 40 years and as Valleyfair continues to grow, we’re committed to enhancing the overall experience for our guests. We’re happy that Enterprise was able to provide close to four decades of memories.”

Guests can take their last rides on Enterprise before the ride is ceremoniously retired on Sunday, August 21 at 10 p.m.

Plans for 2017 growth at Valleyfair will be officially announced in mid-August.

samphoto(5).jpg.a83718447a2a9af1e8d2bd46f8b44a1e.jpgenterprise_137.jpg.d069794ca0e534d236fcfb18c71c4ca6.jpgVF_enterprise_header.jpg.9b23b904b1e52bdcfeab246ffe59388d.jpg

Last year for Enterprise. Twitter says to prepare for new heights in 2017. I'll guess Sky Roller or Frisbee!

Edited by jedimaster1227