TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

The Galaxy Theater makes way more sense...I don't think it's being used for much this year besides showing some movies.

That has more to do with the entertainment budget going t'wards the new show. The theater's not going anywhere. They just installed additional equipment this spring. And the ComedySportz improv team will pack it out come Halloween.

Yeah, but once they TwitterFaced a 'great new addition' that turned out to be those VOLLEYBALL COURTS.

I'll decide when a Valleyfair announcement is 'thrilling' for myself. Thank you very, very VERY very much.

Edited by FKA 'Playa

The Galaxy Theater makes way more sense...I don't think it's being used for much this year besides showing some movies.

That has more to do with the entertainment budget going t'wards the new show. The theater's not going anywhere. They just installed additional equipment this spring. And the ComedySportz improv team will pack it out come Halloween.

Finally someone else who appreciates the theatre. I also believed that and lance told me himself. Are you in the entertainment department?

It'll be interesting to see what it is. It's weird having absolutely no idea what a park has up it's sleeve. I mean, there's hardly even rumors at this point.

I doubt it'll be anything substantial, but as I said, I really have no idea.

I think we'll see this due to the fact that VF and Carowinds were both listed as growth parks and look at what Carowinds got:

2017-Triotech

2018-Invert

2019-Carolina Harbor styled waterpark addition

2020-Huge Planet Snoopy addition (5-8 rides)

2021- 4 Thrilling/Family Flat Rides, and a family coaster

I'm gonna be super vague but heres my predictions: Small flat rides or some sort of water slides.

Yep.

Edit: Something that made me wonder is how early this announcement is. Usually we have it around the 2nd week of September which makes me wonder why we'll be the one of the first Cedar Fair parks to announce something. Keep in mind we're usually the last; I am in no ways saying we are getting a coaster, I am just wondering what they have up their sleeve.

I'm gonna be super vague but heres my predictions: Small flat rides or some sort of water slides.

Edit: Something that made me wonder is how early this announcement is. Usually we have it around the 2nd week of September which makes me wonder why we'll be the one of the first Cedar Fair parks to announce something. Keep in mind we're usually the last; I am in no ways saying we are getting a coaster, I am just wondering what they have up their sleeve.

With them announcing it this early may mean they are going to have to shut something down or block off an area off to start some construction early otherwise why not wait until September like they usually do to make this announcement? I am now curious too as to what they have planned. We know it is not a coaster so it could be a flat ride, dark ride or water park expansion. Any rumors circulating among people who work at the park?

The army corps public notice was April-May of 2015, with the actually document and photos dated 2014. The time line makes sense to start construction in 2016. They've been working on the project for 2+ years, it's time!

People saying there are no rumors or ideas, I'd say that public notice is a pretty good lead! Anybody notice any markings/flags while riding Excalibur or Renegade lately?

Even though it definitely won't be a coaster due to the lack of land clearing, if they really are planning on announcing it next week instead of September like they usually do, this could be a more substantial addition than in the past few ones.

People saying there are no rumors or ideas, I'd say that public notice is a pretty good lead! Anybody notice any markings/flags while riding Excalibur or Renegade lately?

I rode Renegade and Excalibur last Saturday and didn't see anything.

I don't think Excalibur is going anywhere. I saw the trip report of Valleyfair backstage earlier in the year and there was a picture of the second train of Excalibur and the trip report implicitly said that Valleyfair is just doing maintenance of the second train and to expect it back on the track by next year. I don't think they would rehab the second train just to remove Excalibur.

The rehabbing the second train seems strange to me. Why couldn't they rehab it over all of winter? After all, Excalibur does close early for the Haunt giving them even extra time to rehab it.

I wish Valleyfair's PR staff would do some cool stuff like King's Island and Carowinds are doing! Also strange how they haven't been on the same page for two years in a row. Last year they kept delaying the announcement. Now this year they say the're ready for a Monday announcement, now they don't know? Seems odd...

You never do an announcement on a Monday (PR 101) as it would get buried under the runoff from the weekend. The best days to do announcements are Wednesdays and Thursdays. Fridays are another "avoid day" as it gets buried in the "WEEKEND CRAZY" announcements. What about Tuesday? Well sometimes it is a continuation of Monday and the Weekend Runoff. (Depending on how big the stories from the weekend are)

Regarding Enterprise's removal for refurbishment, it's closing sometime next month. It seems my information on what's taking its place next year was slightly misinformed.

From a brief chat with maintenance, Riptide sounds like it's on its way out as well this year. The main reason it's been kept this long is because Dave Frazier likes water rides. Solution: build a new flume. Remember those rumors that said we'd get a frisbee this year? Maybe it's coming next year in Riptide's spot?