TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Did anyone else the Xtreme Waterparks episode on the travel channel that featured Breakers Plunge? I liked the Dave Fraizer interview when he said Valleyfair is improving "little by little" throughout the years. It seems fitting since we are on the topic of the history of Valleyfair. According to the episode though, we have the tallest twin body slides in America!! Woo!!

I saw it. I found it weird that vf didn't post anything on social media about it airing. I'm glad I have my dvr set to record xtreme Waterparks whenever it's on it I would have missed it.

Did anyone else the Xtreme Waterparks episode on the travel channel that featured Breakers Plunge? I liked the Dave Fraizer interview when he said Valleyfair is improving "little by little" throughout the years. It seems fitting since we are on the topic of the history of Valleyfair. According to the episode though, we have the tallest twin body slides in America!! Woo!!

I saw the episode as well. I thought they did a great job, and it was fun to see Valley Fair on one of the shows. Maybe after we get that new coaster, they will come back to do an episode of Extreme Coaster Wars.

I saw the episode as well. I thought they did a great job, and it was fun to see Valley Fair on one of the shows. Maybe after we get that new coaster, they will come back to do an episode of Extreme Coaster Wars.

They are not making new episodes of Insane Coaster Wars anymore, not sure if it was getting a whole lot of viewers after three seasons

I saw the new BMX All Wheels Bike show I actually enjoyed it anyone else seen it yet?

With some small exceptions, I didn't really enjoy it and thought that there was an overemphasis on some of the show's parts. It is much better at somewhere like Dorney Park where it is indoor with a bunch of lights and cool effects.

Wheel of fortune has been stripped of its gondolas (if that's the proper term to use) I overheard a manager talking to some other people saying their waiting for a part.

thumb_1469474848339-1034773859.jpg

Wow, they really stripped that of everything, the seats, the lights, the theming.

Here's a photo for comparison from the park index, they really took off everything.

Wheel of fortune has been stripped of its gondolas (if that's the proper term to use) I overheard a manager talking to some other people saying their waiting for a part.

I also saw that today! I asked an employee and they said it was having Mechanical Issues and is being worked on right now. Hopefully they can get it fixed by the end of the summer season!

Just noticed that Valleyfair started offering an all-season Fast Lane pass for $75.

Maybe, just MAYBE, they're preparing for bigger lines? More coasters = more lines = new coaster soon? Although this theory will probably be shot down and chucked down the toilet, it may be something... and something is better than nothing

And I'm aware there is no footer pouring or any construction. yet.

And I'm very disappointed about that.

New coaster or not, an all season fast lane pass is an actual smart idea by Valleyfail, for once.

Edited by Jedi_man

Just noticed that Valleyfair started offering an all-season Fast Lane pass for $75.

Maybe, just MAYBE, they're preparing for bigger lines? More coasters = more lines = new coaster soon? Although this theory will probably be shot down and chucked down the toilet, it may be something... and something is better than nothing

And I'm aware there is no footer pouring or any construction. yet.

And I'm very disappointed about that.

New coaster or not, an all season fast lane pass is an actual smart idea by Valleyfail, for once.

Dorney's doing the same thing so no, sorry. It's just business.

I might look into buying a fast lane pass for next year. I'm actually glad Valleyfair is doing this.Ride On! Here's a photo of Valravan. 2 hour plus wait time right now. I'm at Cedar Point right now.

image.thumb.jpeg.50fac36e04d91e994d01204b2400d231.jpeg

Valravan!

Edited by Lightning Rod

I also saw that VF was offering an all inclusive day pass where you get admission, fast lane, all day dining, parking, and souvenir cup for something like $99? They probably want to get as much money as they can before the season comes to an end.

Do you think something like Beech Bend's new slide complex would be a good fit for Soak City.

Wow, no exit pool. Very, very interesting.

VF's Soak City lacks tube slides more than anything else (*cough* besides CHAIRS AND SHADE), but I'd say that's not a good fit. We'd need slides that could handle double tubes for capacity's sake.

I'd post a pic of SFGAM's Hurricane Mountain (twin two-man toilet bowls, two more double tube slides, two taller dark body slides above that), but I won't. It would only make us very sad.

ETA: Forget I typed ANY of that. That thing's damned near perfect.

Seems like some users in this thread think that we'll be getting a Triotech dark ride next year, potentially in the Bumper Car building. I wouldn't mind getting one of those, but has there been any actual evidence that it might be happening?

In MY opinion, the bumper car spot is not a logical place for a dark-tech ride. The Galaxy Theater makes way more sense as a possible building. With the Galaxy Theater you would have so much more room to work with, plus I don't think it's being used for much this year besides showing some movies. It'd be pretty easy to "gut" and have a fresh template to work with. The bumper car building just seems small and cramped, plus it's the bumper cars. Every amusement park needs to have bumper cars! The bumper car building just doesn't make any sense to me for a tech-dark ride. Just my opinion.

I believe these tech attractions do cost a fair share of $$$. Spending $10ish million on a tech attraction, only going to delay that coaster even further into the future...

"Muaahahaha..I will continue Valleyfair's coaster drought for FOREVER!!" - Matt Ouimet

Seems like some users in this thread think that we'll be getting a Triotech dark ride next year, potentially in the Bumper Car building. I wouldn't mind getting one of those, but has there been any actual evidence that it might be happening?

Not really, we're just all purely guessing (myself included) and Screamscape mentioned it at one point. Rumors around Valleyfair have been quiet which honestly leaves things totally up-in-the-air.