TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

While refurbing the Enterprise makes sense, I wonder what they would call they new Supercat, as this would make two refurbs in it's lifetime. I think it needs more of a winter-between-seasons refurb of the structure instead of a year long thing like what the Enterprise would probably get.

Caterpillar > Supercat > Xtremecat????

I would wonder if the price of fixing Enterprise would even be worth it given the relatively cheap cost of the new enterprise 2.0. As of Supercat, I don't know. I think it is one of the worst flats in the park. Didn't it used to go backwards though? Maybe if they restored that then it would be OK... If they could make it a caterpillar again like the ride at Canobie Lake Park up in New England it would be awesome, but I highly doubt that would happen. I kind of sense we might be getting some new flat rides as well, possibly. Maybe a frisbee and/or Gerstlauter Sky Fly? CF has bought those in the past.

I'm all for understanding extended ride refurbishments, but I'm having trouble grasping entirely new locations unless the park is creating an entirely new area as the cost of rebuilding the infrastructure for those rides is enormous and there's really no ROI to be had from it.

The new Route 76 area centerpieced two "new" major rides with a lower-cost replanting of two existing rides, that had much smaller ride pads and excavation for the scrambler.

Unless the current infrastructure for those rides are beyond repair, it's just not adding up to me.... but I'm no engineer.

I'm all for understanding extended ride refurbishments, but I'm having trouble grasping entirely new locations unless the park is creating an entirely new area as the cost of rebuilding the infrastructure for those rides is enormous and there's really no ROI to be had from it.

Might be more cost-effective to relocate rides/build new pads to create expansion space in the current park boundaries than it is to get the back of the park redone and usable.

The Dinos still have their contract, so that area's off the table for now...and I haven't heard any updates or news of that Army Corps application going forward.

As much as I want it, I doubt Valleyfair would be able to scrape enough space together for a decent-sized coaster in the Riptide part of the park unless it's an ultra-compact model (4D free-flyer, for instance) or has a ton of midway interaction...Maybe they're looking to make room for a dark ride building. Valleyfair certainly needs a new headliner, and with SFGAM already flaunting a new high-tech dark ride to great success, Valleyfair should follow suit sooner rather than later.

A while back there was a discussion about Cedar Fair coming out to Valleyfair sometime in July to do a study of the Twin Cities area and the expansion for Valleyfair. Does anyone remember hearing something like this? Did Cedar Fair ever come out or are they going to?

I'd say the markings would be a more permanent security checkpoint rather than a new coaster.

That makes perfect sense. Especially in this day and age, we'll probably see permanent checkpoints and entrance modifications at parks across the country.

I'm wondering if Valleyfair is going to follow Carowinds by adding some new thrill rides for 2018? I'm thinking we will see some new flat rides for 2018 possibly a water park expansion and either re locate the Looping Star Ship or remove it and take out the volley ball courts and possibly move the Soak City enterance over by Mad Mouse to make room for the next water park expansion in 2018. In 2019 I'm going to guess they might remodel the main enterance and add new toll lanes then in 2020 that's the year I think we'll see a new front B&M coaster either a wing or inverted like every one wants to see. Then following years park will get permitts approved to remove Excalibur for the next phase of the water park expansion for the back of the park. I really think your going to see some new thrill rides next year and a water park expansion before we get a new coaster my prediction I don't think we'll see one till 2020 Dino contract is up along with remodel of the front plaza and I think construction will phase out in different years?

What if Valleyfair was next in line for a main gate makeover akin to what was done at Carowinds, minus the coaster? Could those markings be for that?

Do not trust to hope. It has forsaken these lands.

It's certainly possible. I know Worlds of Fun is getting one soon, possibly next year. But does Valleyfair really need one? I feel the front entrance is already beautiful. It's not like Cedar Point, Carowinds, or Worlds of Fun's old entrances where you feel like you're entering an FEC.

I remember when this discussion came up for Kings Island, and Matt responded by saying the entrance is already beautiful and doesn't really need a makeover. I feel the same about Valleyfair!

^Possible, but unlikely given that Dinos has not left yet...unless such a coaster is going to fly over the entrance plaza and eat up a swath of old parking lot.

Which, again, is possible.

But unlikely.

But I really really really want it to happen.

Honestly Cedar Fair probably goes to Valleyfair yearly no matter what. On an unrelated employee note; Park Services is being reinstated on Monday as its own branch like back in 2014! (I know you all probably won't care but I used to be park services and will be soon so I'm excited)

What if Valleyfair was next in line for a main gate makeover akin to what was done at Carowinds, minus the coaster? Could those markings be for that?

Do not trust to hope. It has forsaken these lands.

Look for my coming at first light on the fifth day. At dawn, look to the east.

Honestly Cedar Fair probably goes to Valleyfair yearly no matter what. On an unrelated employee note; Park Services is being reinstated on Monday as its own branch like back in 2014! (I know you all probably won't care but I used to be park services and will be soon so I'm excited)

WHERE DID YOU HERE THAT GLORIOUS PIECE OF INFORMATION? IF IT'S TRUE, NO MORE GARBO DUTY FOR ME!!!

WHERE DID YOU HERE THAT GLORIOUS PIECE OF INFORMATION? IF IT'S TRUE, NO MORE GARBO DUTY FOR ME!!!

Haha, yes indeed it is coming back as a department once again, although you have the day wrong. And no, this does not mean you are out of garbo duty. ALL OF THE GARBO FOR YOU

Valleyfair was surveying guests as they left the park today and was asking questions about waiting in line and FunTV. No mentioning of what rides could come in future years. The survey paid participants $5.

^ Kings Island did that a few years ago The "Fun Tv's" appeared the following season... like magic.

Valleyfair already has FunTV. Are you saying that they would be getting more? Also, if you download the mobile game MobileStrike, and show that you have it at Guest Services, you get two one-time use Fast Lanes. I would imagine you could do this each visit, but please correct me if I am wrong.