TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

God I hope they don't just plop a SLC over the dinos and call it good, nightmare scenerio!!

Can't argue with that logic. I would rather wait 5 more years for a new coaster than get an SLC anytime in the next four years.

On another note, I was just checking the city of Shakopee building permits to see any activity for VF and they opened a new one last week for a new 'maze' which I assume is for Haunt. Not a lot of details though except that they value the new maze at $35,000. Anybody who works at the park or closely with Haunt know where this will be located or what existing maze this will affect?

You can check it out here: https://epermits2.logis.org/permits/permitdetails.aspx?city=sh&permitnbr=SH084429

London Terror burned down over the offseason. The old London Terror building will be rebuilt as "Dire, Dire" whatever that means. I've also heard that the Trail's End scare zone will have a skeleton key room this year. I'm thinking that permit could very easily be for Dire, Dire though.

God I hope they don't just plop a SLC over the dinos and call it good, nightmare scenerio!!

Can't argue with that logic. I would rather wait 5 more years for a new coaster than get an SLC anytime in the next four years.

In all seriousness, I don't think that we'll be getting an SLC, new or used. All of Cedar Fair's Vekomas were acquired through park buyouts (except for Boomerang at Worlds of Fun in 2000), and we probably won't get the SLC from Canada's Wonderland either because Matt Ouimet did say last year that he isn't a fan of ride relocations.

Just because he's "not a fan" doesn't mean it won't still happen. Case in point, Pacific Spin and WindSeeker

He's talking about old, unpopular rides that have essentially lived their useful, operational lives. It's common sense that a popular water ride that's being removed to make space for something bigger can still be popular elsewhere--it all depends on the specific attraction and why it's being removed.

He's talking about old, unpopular rides that have essentially lived their useful, operational lives. It's common sense that a popular water ride that's being removed to make space for something bigger can still be popular elsewhere--it all depends on the specific attraction and why it's being removed.

Flight Deck still draws a line at CanWon. Have you ever been there? It almost always has a line

Hey guys, if early entry still a thing for season passholders here? I can't find anything on the website about it.

Unfortunately, no it is not.

Ok, thanks. I suppose not enough people were taking advantage of it for it to be worth it.

Hey guys, if early entry still a thing for season passholders here? I can't find anything on the website about it.

Ok, thanks. I suppose not enough people were taking advantage of it for it to be worth it.

You can get early entry to Soak City, found that out a few weeks ago.

You can get early entry to Soak City, found that out a few weeks ago.

Oh, that's cool. What slides are open early? Or is it just for general entry/changing/etc.?

^ Not sure about when the slides open, but I was able to get on raging rapids right away. I would think all the attractions would be open.

I think that it is just a chance to get changed and get a seat before other people, but whenever the lifeguards and the water are ready, they just start opening stuff. You can get everything done in the first hour and a half of pretty much any day with walk on or 2 min wait on everything.

so with the recent pictures posted at the B&M plant of the orange and green track.. i did some designing and came up with this...i took talon and afterburn combined the too with banshees drop.. i think this could be a real winner.. short compact and forceful .. and props to my friend for building it on no limits for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMuDOGVBnMs&feature=youtu.be

so with the recent pictures posted at the B&M plant of the orange and green track.. i did some designing and came up with this...i took talon and afterburn combined the too with banshees drop.. i think this could be a real winner.. short compact and forceful .. and props to my friend for building it on no limits for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMuDOGVBnMs&feature=youtu.be

That is a great ride! I almost think it's too good for VF. If/when we do get that desperately wished for B&M invert, it'll likely be much smaller than that (Talon, Patriot, Flight Deck CGA). Tell Tim (WolfRaging95) he did a great job!

I've heard it will be back on random days though. I've also heard credible news that both enterprise and super cat will be undergoing year long returns and they will return in different spots in 2018. Enterprise's spot will be taken by an as of yet unknown European picker ride, bought from England.

I really don't want the Enterprise to leave because it's one of my favorite flat rides at Valleyfair, but it does need some work done on it. New paint. New Gondolas. New Que Line? I'm in favor of the Enterprise leaving for a year to get some work done then moving it some were else in the park. 2018 be the come back for the new Enterprise. I think a great spot for the Enterprise would be over were the old Tilt a Whirl use to sit by Wild Thing perfect spot for it.

I've heard it will be back on random days though. I've also heard credible news that both enterprise and super cat will be undergoing year long returns and they will return in different spots in 2018. Enterprise's spot will be taken by an as of yet unknown European picker ride, bought from England.

I would be curious to see what kind of ride from Europe we would get. I would love a condor. Would we be getting one in both the spot of Enterprise and Supercat?

^^Agreeing with PhantomPoster32, Wild Thing deserves its own midway in this park.

Suddenly things are looking interesting...Revamping Enterprise and Supercat? Possible new European picker ride in the Enterprise's old pad? The ever-present possibility of Riptide being removed? Not mention the recent revamp of the amphitheater.

Sounds like the park may be looking to rejuvenate the quieter area from Riptide through to Enterprise's pad. Another classic flats section to compliment Route 76 maybe...who knows? From what I've seen, that area of the park has always been a pass-through zone though, needing its own anchor.

...would be interesting if they level the shops/eateries on the side of the midway closer to the highway to clear land for a skinny coaster in Wild Thing's shadow. Would involve moving some flats...Ugh. Stop it, false hope.

If Bumper Cars were also to get removed, I would be extremely interested to see what would take place of Bumper Cars, Riptide, Supercat, AND Enterprise... Seems to be a bigger project although likely not a coaster

Noticed a few red and white markings near the ticket booths and on the walkways next to the Dinos fence outside the park. Think this means anything?

...God I hope so.

Anybody familiar with construction colors? I need a reason to dismiss these as nothing.