TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

No new looping coaster in Thirty. Five. SEASONS and fanboys are quibbling about signage.

What goes best here? A Flavor Flav 'Wowwwwww' or a high-pitched Chris Tucker DAYYYYYYUM....?

Well, when fanboys speculate, they get yelled at and trashed by some people who can update this thread but not their own.

Can we trash the word filters? It's not funny, it just makes it hard to figure out what people are trying to post.

Easily one of the best things on this forum, I always think its hilarious I guess because I know them all now.

I vote for MOAR WORD FILTERS !!

AGREED!

The word filters on this site are great.

No new looping coaster in Thirty. Five. SEASONS and fanboys are quibbling about signage.

What goes best here? A Flavor Flav 'Wowwwwww' or a high-pitched Chris Tucker DAYYYYYYUM....?

Either phrase works since they are both older than when the last coaster was added to the park. At least VF did get a new sign this year with Corkscrew so maybe there is hope for another one for next year. Don't know if that will fit into CF's budget though, that could cut into the budget for KI's new wood coaster and we wouldn't want that to happen.

Anyone else think that Wild Thing could use a better ride sign? Right now it's just the ride name on the station with a big old billboard for Fast Lane in front of it. If it would be done, my guess is when a new flat is added in the old Tilter spot.

It wouldn't hurt considering it is the top coaster in the park for ridership every year. I still can't believe Northern Lights has no sign at all when Pipe Scream has one at CP. Oh wait, VF is the red headed step child of the CF chain and not worthy. I keep forgetting that.

I would prefer the ball in between the northern lights seats to light up at night instead of a sign, now that would be cool!

Anyone else think that Wild Thing could use a better ride sign? Right now it's just the ride name on the station with a big old billboard for Fast Lane in front of it. If it would be done, my guess is when a new flat is added in the old Tilter spot.

I have always found it interesting how the park really doesn't have marquee signs for its rides. The only other park that I can think of that has even fewer marquee signs is Adventureland. I went there yesterday and was surprised there wasn't a huge sign for the Monster.

God I hope they don't just plop a SLC over the dinos and call it good, nightmare scenerio!!

With Valleyfair being so land locked, I would think they would want to utilize as much of an area as they could. You can do that better with custom rides, which is why I don't see them just plopping an SLC down and taking up a huge rectangular area of space. They could better utilize the dino area for other things too besides a coaster by having a custom coaster that takes up only a narrow part of land and travels out further into the old picnic area.

I'm kinda hoping the new Skyhawk ride goes over well at Canada's Wonderland and various parks in the chain start receiving those, like how a bunch got Windseekers back-to-back-to-back.

I would take a timeline like: 2017 - Digital attraction in Galaxy Theatre like Plants Vs. Zombies at Carowinds, New water park attraction to replace Looping Starship (like rumored); 2018 - Skyhawk (Canada's Wonderland) in Tilt-a-whirl's or Scrambler's old spot; 2019 - Water Park makeover with new entrance and parking lot. Then 2020 - B&M Invert to replace dinos (contract reportedly up after 2019? thought somebody might have mentioned this, who probably has no idea what they are talking about, but we'll roll with it)

Trying to be realistic, and I'm probably still overly optimistic! I know there is no coaster for 4 more years and some of you will give up on life... I just don't see a coaster replacing the dinos and taking up part of the current parking lot until the new parking lot is complete.

With Knott's removing their 10 year old Tornado slide Pacific Rim and Looping Starship rumored to be on the chopping block, anybody else thinking that could be on the way to Valleyfair. Looking at aerial shots of both parks, it looks like it would match up pretty well in that space.

God I hope they don't just plop a SLC over the dinos and call it good, nightmare scenerio!!

Can't argue with that logic. I would rather wait 5 more years for a new coaster than get an SLC anytime in the next four years.

On another note, I was just checking the city of Shakopee building permits to see any activity for VF and they opened a new one last week for a new 'maze' which I assume is for Haunt. Not a lot of details though except that they value the new maze at $35,000. Anybody who works at the park or closely with Haunt know where this will be located or what existing maze this will affect?

You can check it out here: https://epermits2.logis.org/permits/permitdetails.aspx?city=sh&permitnbr=SH084429

Can't argue with that logic. I would rather wait 5 more years for a new coaster than get an SLC anytime in the next four years.

On another note, I was just checking the city of Shakopee building permits to see any activity for VF and they opened a new one last week for a new 'maze' which I assume is for Haunt. Not a lot of details though except that they value the new maze at $35,000. Anybody who works at the park or closely with Haunt know where this will be located or what existing maze this will affect?

You can check it out here: https://epermits2.logis.org/permits/permitdetails.aspx?city=sh&permitnbr=SH084429

Maybe a new house for Asylum or London? I haven't seen/heard anything, but Chateau was well into construction at this point last year so either it's going to be a fast build or it''ll start next year. Haunt is supposed to be "even better" this year, but no word on what that means exactly.

What is this photo on the Valleyfair app for the thrill rides?

Valleyfair used that photo last year too, I'm assuming its very similar to the ride pane for the apps of all Cedar Fair parks.

This is always the answer. Always. And yet people still try to divine some secret knowledge out of Web design....

OMG! There's a PICTURE!!! It's gotta be TRUE!!!!1!

Didn't we discuss this whole SLC thing last year when Valleyfair put out their advert for this year and it had a generic SLC track and people took that as a sign we're getting a SLC? Beside in that picture, I think the artist just simply screwed up the drawing for corkscrew and inverted the track by accident.

God I hope they don't just plop a SLC over the dinos....

I don't think they'd do that with any coaster. Do you realize how much lower that land is than anything else in the park?

Unless they used the area previously occupied by the Antique Cars. That's high enough.

As for Pacific Spin...? If that came to VF, my wife would stop all bitching about the park for at LEAST five years. And rent $15 lockers. And buy a Dining Pass, an extra parking pass and she'd rent a cabin every weekend. They don't even have cabins. She'd rent one ANYWAY. It means so much to her, I refuse to tell her that rumor. Cuz if it didn't happen? Oh, wow.

Next time I see Dave Frazier, I'ma tell him not to come home without Pacific Spin. Think I won't...?

Next time I see Dave Frazier, I'ma tell him not to come home without Pacific Spin. Think I won't...?

Sounding pretty likely that it is coming to Oceans of Fun and will be replacing Diamond Head.

I'm hearing either Carowinds or Cedar Point will be receiving it. Bummer.

In all seriousness, I don't think that we'll be getting an SLC, new or used. All of Cedar Fair's Vekomas were acquired through park buyouts (except for Boomerang at Worlds of Fun in 2000), and we probably won't get the SLC from Canada's Wonderland either because Matt Ouimet did say last year that he isn't a fan of ride relocations.