TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

The dippin dots guy at SFStL told me that Valleyfair was adding an RMC T-Rex Stratacoaster in 2017.

Dang, I knew that months ago but I was planning on throwing out all kinds of impossible to decode hints about it to try to get you guys to guess what I knew. Ah well I guess I'll keep the other coaster a secret for now. bummer!

The dippin dots guy at SFStL told me that Valleyfair was adding an RMC T-Rex Stratacoaster in 2017.

Dang, I knew that months ago but I was planning on throwing out all kinds of impossible to decode hints about it to try to get you guys to guess what I knew. Ah well I guess I'll keep the other coaster a secret for now. bummer!

You forgot the part where you name drop the park GM's name consistently to make it sound like you actually have insider information.

===

Still say that the next addition will be water park related

Are you implying that this is true? A RMC strata?

My general idea for the park's gate coaster, if it be a B&M invert.

Black: general track following (elements TBD)

Blue: station

Red: lift

With plenty of room for queue and a space to use the rest of the Dinos Alive area for future expansion/Haunt Use

Screenshot.jpg.c0e664ff924d6deb538cc0e807152e66.jpg

Gate Coaster

You forgot the part where you name drop the park GM's name consistently to make it sound like you actually have insider information.

===

Still say that the next addition will be water park related

Haha! I actually do know Dave Frazier. He is a friend but he is very tight lipped.

My general idea for the park's gate coaster, if it be a B&M invert.

Black: general track following (elements TBD)

Blue: station

Red: lift

With plenty of room for queue and a space to use the rest of the Dinos Alive area for future expansion/Haunt Use

I normally hate ultra specific predictions but I'll break my own rule...

I feel like if you guys get an invert it'll be Flight Deck from Canada's Wonderland. I feel like removing that and Time Warp makes a ton of sense since it opens up a ton of room and then they can send Flight Deck to VF since they don't have an invert and Time Warp to a park like Dorney or Michigan's Adventure because most people in those markets (excluding enthusiasts) wouldn't know better.

I hope that doesn't happen of course. I just think it makes too much sense for them not to do something like that.

I feel like if you guys get an invert it'll be Flight Deck from Canada's Wonderland. I feel like removing that and Time Warp makes a ton of sense since it opens up a ton of room and then they can send Flight Deck to VF since they don't have an invert and Time Warp to a park like Dorney or Michigan's Adventure because most people in those markets (excluding enthusiasts) wouldn't know better.

This is SO true! To this day, eight years later, I still routinely shock anybody I'm talking to about the park here locally, by telling them that Thunderhawk was not original to MiA. I imagine it's a similar story with your average KI-goer regarding Firehawk, and also the DP GP regarding all of their relocated coasters.

As far as Time Warp, and MiA, I actually think that'd be a great (as far as relocated coasters go) addition there, because it's a different ride variant than anything they have, and the Michigan GP will eat it up like Valravn Ice Cream! (While I'll just enjoy the shorter lines for marathoning Shivering Timbers! )

Best post on this forum in recent history...

Best post on this forum in recent history...

A few days ago, I noticed that the old Valleyfair entrance sign is still sitting at the back of the employee parking lot. Does that mean it's not too late to give it to some museum?

image.thumb.jpeg.c30ecfed1a208b40e63f611489e3db78.jpeg

Here's an idea that I had. Make a new midway that goes into current back stage area behind Chickie's and Pete's. It would open some area for a few more rides. It also has a possibility of a pathway leading to the old picnic area behind High Roller, if that area is usable. I'm not familiar with back stage operations, but I assume the removed buildings could be moved elsewhere and I assume the remaining building I left is the Haunt structure.

Behold my awesome image editing skills!

I was also wondering if Excalibur could be moved to the Route 76 area directly north of Steel Venom with the station near the open space West of Steel Venom. Making an image of this, but my editing skills and Paint program abilities are lacking. But, it looks like it could fit.

Speaking of 'new midways' and Ouimet's principles of allowing non-riders to interact with coasters...? You can't help but wonder/wish if there wasn't a way to get the GP around more of Renegade. It's as pretty--if not prettier--than a great many marquee coasters out there, but most visitors never get to see its good side.

I've no idea how they'd do it. But if you ask me, it's worth doing.

Frazier is on record of liking it. If they didn't like it they would have just had the contractor scrap it rather than moved it out back.

I don't believe the GM liking a sign would be a decent enough reason to spend money to put it back in the park. In my opinion, leaving it to rot in the back of the employee area is not a sure sign that it will be returning; if anything it shows it may be too much money to get it properly disposed since it is a neon sign.

Frazier is on record of liking it. If they didn't like it they would have just had the contractor scrap it rather than moved it out back.

I don't believe the GM liking a sign would be a decent enough reason to spend money to put it back in the park. In my opinion, leaving it to rot in the back of the employee area is not a sure sign that it will be returning; if anything it shows it may be too much money to get it properly disposed since it is a neon sign.

Did someone say the sign should be put back in the park? If I recall I think they said it should go to a museum.