TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Drove by Valleyfair on the way to work saw a big ballon for the ReMax company the other company for next Sunday is the Carlson Company?

This happens at Carowinds in Charlotte. Every year on the 4th Sunday of June BMW rents out the park for the company picnic.

Also about the dining plan, we have the same issue at Carowinds with Chickies and Petes. The cheesesteak is like 3-3.5in long. They just added Panda Express and Chick-fil-A to ours but you get the most food in the cafeteria they built 2yrs ago.

Noted. That's where I was looking at eating when I visited.

Glad some other people have noticed the very slow operations of Renegade. We've been to VF 5 times already this year and every time the Renegade crew is the slowest. However I will say most of the Renegade crew is very upbeat and energetic and obviously having fun. Just wish that could translate into a little faster turnout time. The best crew by far is for Wild Thing. They were flying last Saturday and hardly ever stacked the trains.

Glad some other people have noticed the very slow operations of Renegade. We've been to VF 5 times already this year and every time the Renegade crew is the slowest. However I will say most of the Renegade crew is very upbeat and energetic and obviously having fun. Just wish that could translate into a little faster turnout time. The best crew by far is for Wild Thing. They were flying last Saturday and hardly ever stacked the trains.

Yeah, I definitely yelled at the Renegade ride op on the control panel. She was slow and fat and was looking on her phone when the ride was in motion and the other train was just sitting on the end brake. The guy at Excalibur is really good, though. At the begin inning of the season, High Roller was having train issues, so it slowed the crew down.

Yeah, I definitely yelled at the Renegade ride op on the control panel. She was slow and fat and was looking on her phone when the ride was in motion and the other train was just sitting on the end brake. The guy at Excalibur is really good, though. At the begin inning of the season, High Roller was having train issues, so it slowed the crew down.

Don't know how her being "Fat" is something to be yelled at for.

I love Wild Thing's crew, but I have to give props to Excalibur's crew as well. They have a lot of energy and hustle for a one-train operation at a dead-end of the park. Their operations are what make it so I end up riding it more than once.

Please don't yell at Ops; if there's one thing that makes me angry at a guest it's them thinking they know how we operate, or how operations should go. If you have a legitimate concern, find a Rides Supervisor and we'll address the issue. If anything, you should have taken a picture of the Op on their phone and brought it to the attention of a Sup/Guest Services. And why did you have to call her "slow and fat"? Have some decency please.

It was all foreign guys when I went. WildThing was the pokey crew. Full 3-4 minutes between the time the other train hit the brake curve before the station and dispatch of the train in the station. Corkscrew and Steel Venom were the speedy crews

Haha, we've got lots of Bulgarians as usual. Thanks from the Corkscrew crew! We're still working on speeding up two train operations but they all seem to have one train down pat.

I agree about the Excalibur crew, they've been hilarious lately with jokes and funny spiels. I'd try to say funny stuff when I work controls at Wild Thing, but the P.A. system there isn't very good.

Saw some rehearsals for the new All Wheels Extreme show today.

image.thumb.jpeg.87925806518eef4af7d98f504de36319.jpeg

Is RipTide ever going to open this season?

image.thumb.jpeg.87925806518eef4af7d98f504de36319.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.916c0d94b89f10b1795d5c741687d1c0.jpeg

I agree about the Excalibur crew, they've been hilarious lately with jokes and funny spiels. I'd try to say funny stuff when I work controls at Wild Thing, but the P.A. system there isn't very good.

Saw some rehearsals for the new All Wheels Extreme show today.

[attachment=0]image.jpeg[/attachment]

Is RipTide ever going to open this season?

[attachment=1]image.jpeg[/attachment]

I'm a little worried about RipTide leaving to be honest, I mean a ride replacing it sure would be nice! But that thing gets so many laughs and screams that it's still sad to see it broken down... which is almost all the time, excluding this year, lol.

Good call on the Excalibur crew, guys. I believe the guy's name is Samuel who works at Excalibur. He's quite the character! Are we the last Cedar Fair park with a Rip Tide in "operation"? I have a bad feeling it's going away, but maybe that means a new flat ride next year on top of the water park rumors.

The weather is supposed to be in the low 90's this weekend be nice to have Rip Tide up running by this weekend? Whats the problem with Rip Tide? Has it tested yet this season? If it's not open by this weekend with the hot weather I think they should replace it with a giant Frisebee something like a max air.

Please don't yell at Ops; if there's one thing that makes me angry at a guest it's them thinking they know how we operate, or how operations should go. If you have a legitimate concern, find a Rides Supervisor and we'll address the issue. If anything, you should have taken a picture of the Op on their phone and brought it to the attention of a Sup/Guest Services. And why did you have to call her "slow and fat"? Have some decency please.

Especially the last part.

Yeah, I definitely yelled at the Renegade ride op on the control panel. She was slow and fat and was looking on her phone when the ride was in motion and the other train was just sitting on the end brake.

50 bucks says this story never happened...

If it's not open by this weekend with the hot weather I think they should replace it with a giant Frisebee something like a max air.

Because that's how parks make major financial decisions...

They could totally install a Max Air clone by this weekend! They just get that one-day rush shipping, then invite all the neighbours out for a good old fashioned Frisbee raisin'!

I spoke with maitnence on the way out ask why Rip Tide isn't open yet. There waiting for a part to come. Something I also noticed coming this morning looks like they have done some new re stripping of the main lot.

Anyone could have told you that. HUSS is not speedy at sending replacement parts

While running Bumper Cars earlier today, there were some maintenance guys taking tape measurements of the entrance. Most likely means nothing, but let the speculation commence!

Probably replacing the chain. They've been working their way through the park, redoing the yellow stuff. They messed up the Wave's chain by four inches, so they probably wanted to double check before they messed up again.

While running Bumper Cars earlier today, there were some maintenance guys taking tape measurements of the entrance. Most likely means nothing, but let the speculation commence!

Wow... so you people are this desperate huh? It sounds like a strata coaster is almost a foregone conclusion at this point.