TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I was going to do a few rides this morning but they already have 9,000 people expected today. I went back to Renegade hopeing to do a few rides the line was already past the tunnel to the 2 nd que line with one train already a 45 minute wait High Roller had a full que line with two trains running. Looks like a busy day and Extreme Swing plus Steel Venom have full que lines not even noon yet. It's mostly school groups. Does anyone know how long the school groups come?

We've been using multiple switchbacks at Wild Thing today, it's about a 45 minute wait, running two trains. The school groups should start leaving around 3 pm and by 5 or so it should be a short wait for most rides.

I was going to do a few rides this morning but they already have 9,000 people expected today. I went back to Renegade hopeing to do a few rides the line was already past the tunnel to the 2 nd que line with one train already a 45 minute wait High Roller had a full que line with two trains running. Looks like a busy day and Extreme Swing plus Steel Venom have full que lines not even noon yet. It's mostly school groups. Does anyone know how long the school groups come?

We've been using multiple switchbacks at Wild Thing today, it's about a 45 minute wait, running two trains. The school groups should start leaving around 3 pm and by 5 or so it should be a short wait for most rides.

Hopefully dispatch times are better today than they were on Sunday. It appeared you guys were training people and that was the issue, but having 2 people check the entire train while 3 people were in the control booth was kind of a bad show - especially when it was obvious the girl in the Planet Snoopy shirt was having issues and trying her best to go fast (but still slower than her counterpart)

Hopefully dispatch times are better today than they were on Sunday. It appeared you guys were training people and that was the issue, but having 2 people check the entire train while 3 people were in the control booth was kind of a bad show - especially when it was obvious the girl in the Planet Snoopy shirt was having issues and trying her best to go fast (but still slower than her counterpart)

Gotta train em' somehow.

While I am a fan of the idea to replace riptide with a frisbee, I wonder if there's enough room for one.

Also, does anyone else think that Planet Snoopy could use another kiddie/family coaster? I was thinking a custom Vekoma roller skater-type that replaces Snoopy's Junction (kiddie railroad).

I also think it's weird that there is no dedicated restroom in PS. Cause you got the one on the other side of Monster or Red Baron. While there is a family restroom in the family care center area, I think that area could use a restroom.

I don't think we'll be getting Knott's Boomerang, Ouimet said last year that he wasn't a fan of ride relocations. Thankfully, that means we shouldn't have to worry about getting the SLC from Canada's Wonderland either.l

Meanwhile, VF's new attraction is being marketed as the return of a ride from the 70s. And the Antique Autos marketed as their return after their removal. You're making vast assumptions based on a single sentence you were told secondhand.

Went to the park today. Man, the place was just packed. Not having a nice day and having much of the park being understaffed led to long lines and practically EVERY attraction. I did a circuit in an hour, and rode Wheel of Fortune and Flying Eagles, which for some reason, actually had a shorter line than in other times I have been there this year, when it was less busy. Good thing this is the last day of school for many people this year. The weekdays during June are normally some of the best days to go to the park all year.

Dining PLAN

Background Info:

Last year, I got a Chickie and Pete's cheesesteak nearly every time. I was not going to get the dining plan again, but once I saw that Subway and Panda would be added, I renewed it. Last year, the cheesesteak was about 1/3 of a big one.

This year, my cheesesteak was 3 inches long. The portion sizes at some of the places have really decreased. Subway and Panda Express have large portions, but I feel that they are cheaping out on us.

Your Thoughts?

So far my favorite ding plan is the jumbo pronto pups by Wild Thing with a bag of chips.

My favorite dining plan is the food truck. Their tacos are amazing. I got that almost every time I went to the waterpark last year. Also the bbq sandwich with the coleslaw on it by the looping starship was pretty good.

Last year, I got a Chickie and Pete's cheesesteak nearly every time. I was not going to get the dining plan again, but once I saw that Subway and Panda would be added, I renewed it. Last year, the cheesesteak was about 1/3 of a big one.

This year, my cheesesteak was 3 inches long. The portion sizes at some of the places have really decreased. Subway and Panda Express have large portions, but I feel that they are cheaping out on us.

Your Thoughts?

I think it's outrageous (i'm taking your word for it) that they charge so much for a skimpy portion of food. I prefer to eat outside of amusement parks.

Went to the park today. Man, the place was just packed. Not having a nice day and having much of the park being understaffed led to long lines and practically EVERY attraction. I did a circuit in an hour, and rode Wheel of Fortune and Flying Eagles, which for some reason, actually had a shorter line than in other times I have been there this year, when it was less busy. Good thing this is the last day of school for many people this year. The weekdays during June are normally some of the best days to go to the park all year.

Dining PLAN

Background Info:

Your Thoughts?

I was shocked at the difference in portions given at VF when compared to WOF. I'll hold off casting stones until I see how things are at KI, CP, CanWon and CW next month

I just got back from my first visit of the season. It's so nice having a home park again. Just to be able to walk around the park and take my time getting on rides instead of racing from one coaster to the next because there's only so much time in the day. I really liked having that ability again, knowing that with my new Gold Pass, it will be the first of many visits this season.

It's been about five years since I've been so I did Flying Eagles and Northern Lights first, and they are definitely my new favorite flats at the park. Northern Lights especially, as I've never been on one of Zamperla's "coaster" models, really wowed me. There's something about the way it moves that I just really enjoy it. I think it's a much better use of the land as that area was mini golf last time I was there.

I also did Dinosaurs Alive! since I have the Gold Pass and it's free with admission of it. I thought it was cute, but I would not pay extra for it. Since it's an upcharge, I doubt they will get rid of it anytime soon, but the whole area feels like it could be better used for a new coaster or something to have right up at the front of the park, and same with that still-empty patch of land around Wild Thing's turnaround next to the parking lot.

Operations were decent, with the exception of Renegade. I only wish their crew could move as fast as they could talk. They were racing through spiels and ambling up and down the trains as if there wasn't a 30 minute wait when everything else was like 10 minutes tops. Trains were stacking for a minute or longer every time I went up there and the line was all the way back to the second tunnel consistently throughout the day, until the ride was delayed and re-opened, and even then, the line still started at the entrance to the third tunnel.

While I was walking around, I couldn't help but picture what might be taken out and replaced. I agree with everyone that Looping Starship's removal would open up prime real estate for a mat-racer for Soak City. I can't see that NOT happening, with Looping Starship probably moving to Riptide's space, and Riptide gone. If both were to be removed though, a Larson Giant Loop would make an excellent replacement to Riptide. Seriously, if both go, the replacement NEEDS to be something that goes upside down. While there is plenty of room for a Giant Frisbee on that end, I just don't feel it would serve Valleyfair's needs all that well.

I also woukd like to see a giant frisbee and a water park expansion for next year. My favorite flat rides are northern lights, enterprise, Xtreme Swing. I have also mention some things to ride operators and supervisors about Renegade that once the line gets past the tunnel and to the 2nd que they do need to put a second train on.

^ Except they were running two-train operations. In the queue, the trains were moving out so slowly, I thought it was one-train operation until I got up to the station level and could see they were just that slow. The trains would sit on the brake run for over a minute every time before they would dispatch the one loading in the station.

Guess who I am:

Valleyfair is the most HORRIBLE godless place on Earth cuz they won't open the park on the Two Most Popular days of the year on the OFF chance me and my family might show up. This violates my human rights, my inexpensive season pass, my personal freedom and liberty, the Constitution and everything Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Slayer fought for.

With VF closed today for a private engagement I am just curious what group, business or organization reserves the park. Can anyone who works there tell me who rents the park during any of the two days that it is happening this year?

With VF closed today for a private engagement I am just curious what group, business or organization reserves the park. Can anyone who works there tell me who rents the park during any of the two days that it is happening this year?

RE/MAX is the company that bought out the park today. Not sure about next Sunday.

Guess who I am:

Valleyfair is the most HORRIBLE godless place on Earth cuz they won't open the park on the Two Most Popular days of the year on the OFF chance me and my family might show up. This violates my human rights, my inexpensive season pass, my personal freedom and liberty, the Constitution and everything Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Slayer fought for.

You are impersonating the entitled a**holes of vf's Facebook! I am so sick of them! But, I must say your impression was right on.

Drove by Valleyfair on the way to work saw a big ballon for the ReMax company the other company for next Sunday is the Carlson Company?

This happens at Carowinds in Charlotte. Every year on the 4th Sunday of June BMW rents out the park for the company picnic.

Also about the dining plan, we have the same issue at Carowinds with Chickies and Petes. The cheesesteak is like 3-3.5in long. They just added Panda Express and Chick-fil-A to ours but you get the most food in the cafeteria they built 2yrs ago.