TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

They sell turkey drums near Mad Mouse and they have pickle on a stick near Planet Snoopy and Wild Thing.

Clearly, you don't understand what's being said.

Local folks automatically associate turkey drums with the RenFaire. They automatically associate food-on-a-stick with the State Fair.

What SPECIFIC food do people associate Valleyfair with....? Nothing.

You know what they should do? Maybe next season, as this one's already underway?

A guest-driven 'Make the Official Valleyfair Dinner' contest.

Solicit entries Jan 1st via Facebook, bios for the finalists in March-April, 'auditions' and votes at the food stands in May-June, 'winner' on July 4th.

BOOM.

Just read the screamscape post. I have no doubt that it was someone from this thread who contacted them (and I'm pretty sure I know who it is) but witch hunting isn't for tpr so I'll leave it at that. There really isn't any solid evidence in the article listed, aside from the survey markers around pirate ship which isn't even related to the subject at hand. If you guys want a good laugh there a little article about a possible coaster coming to VF in 2017 posted last december on screamscape.

After visiting the park this last weekend the one thing that really stood out to me is the need for capacity in the waterpark. The park really is pretty good on coasters. They could use some more of the newer types of flats (but who couldn't). Entertainment was lacking as well, but maybe that'll get better here in June.

Yes I'm asking if the rumor on screamscape will be true or not for 2017? I know Matt said that all Cedar Fair parks would eventually get a dark ride. I first read the rumor last night. Also my opinion I think the guy who posts rumors on screamscape reads these threads and it's possible that rumors start from people who work at Valleyfair? I do like reading screamscape rumors can be fun to read sometimes.

If it were to be Looping Starship removed, would you:

a) like to see it relocated at the park?

b) if so, where would an ideal location be?

If they are trying for a waterpark expansion next year, I'm not sure how big of a complex can be put in to the volleyball/looping starship space. Maybe not a raft slide, but how about a mat racer? I don't think they would put a water fortress right next to the new splash pad.

I'm going to take the second answer (B). Keep Looping Star Ship give it some new paint and a new que line. There's a few sports in the park were you could relocate Looping Star Ship. (1) Move it over by were the old tilt a whirl use to sit put it in the open grass area by Wild Thing. (2) Possible would the Looping Star Ship fit under the Wild Thing turn around? (3) One other location you could move Looping Star Ship put it in between The Wave and Corkscrew they have space over there.

Once that's done you could remove Hurricane Falls and take out the elevator and stair structure and move the Soak City enterance over by Mad Mouse flatten out the land keep Raging Rapids build a new slide tower on top facing south there you should have enough space for a raft race or a new slide tower.

LSS should move to where Riptide is (as it is getting removed)

Move entrance to SC to the corner by MM

Put a new matracer where the current entrance path is to SC

Put a new waterfortress where the old splash pad and Giggle Run is

Put a Tornado slide where LSS and volleyball courts are.

I don't think taking out HF is a good idea at this time as they need to add capacity not subtract

I would do this:

1. Remove Looping Starship ----> new slide for waterpark

2. Remove the Top Spin -----> Put in a Mondial Giant Frisbee (may have to relocate the bumper cars next to Corkscrew

- Maybe add an additional smaller flat ride as well...

3. Remove Steel Venom -----> Move it to Great America, CA

4. Remove Flight Deck and Time Warp from Wonderland ---> Relocate Flight Deck to Valleyfair (name it Thunderhawk)

- Move Time Warp to Michigans adventure, build a new B&M Invert at Wonderland

If the rumors are true...

5. Remove Excalibur, (love to see it live on somewhere, but probably not) expand the waterpark and parking lot and entrance.

Riptide is being removed? Ummmm, no it's not? It's down for maintenance right now.

"down for maintenance"

Just like Thunderhawk was at WOF and Riptide at KBF?

Considering who got the old gondola from KBF.... *cough* us *cough*.... Our riptide isn't going anywhere.

Riptide is being removed? Ummmm, no it's not? It's down for maintenance right now.

"down for maintenance"

Considering who got the old gondola from KBF.... *cough* us *cough*.... Our riptide isn't going anywhere.

Considering the other three in the chain have been removed in the last year, I'd assume you're next...

Edited by WOFanatic

"down for maintenance"

Well they just did a complete overhaul of WOF's last season and it still got ripped out. So you got KBF's gondola and maybe some parts from ours. I wouldn't count on it lasting too much longer.

(2. Remove the Top Spin -----> Put in a Mondial Giant Frisbee.)

I think they need to replace Rip Tide for a giant Mondial Frisbee in the same location. Has anyone seen Rip Tide been open yet this season or is it waiting for the weather to get warmer. So far I have been to the park I haven't seen Rip Tide running yet? I would be fine if they replace Rip Tide for a giant Frisbee.

Removing Steel Venom to California's Great America I don't think that's a great idea personally. Valleyfair can't afford to loose any coaster's right now. I actually like Steel Venom. What would you replace Steel Venom with?

I have couple options for 2017

1. If they go with another SC expansion they could take out LSS and the volleyball courts and put in dorsal fin drop and surfers swell like caraowinds . a mat racer in speed slides . and a delirium in WT turn around...

2.Take out riptide and put in knotts boomerang their.they said this is last year of operation . give us a carolina corba treatment like caraowinds..

3. flat ride package like WOF. Huss condor in WT turn around. Delirium or Huss troika in spot between corkscrew and wave.

For 2018. we finally get the long awaited B&M ... nothing big and fancy.. short and compact. just right for us... a clone like afteburn at caraowinds or talon at DP .... in dinos spont. a front gate coaster like CF has been doing lately with other parks...

I dont see the dark ride happening just yet...we really don't have a big enough building to hold a attraction like that...it would be financial suicide to move one of haunts most popular attractions....to a different location. look at London terror.. they put in in the old catering spot. which was a bad choice.. in addition really their isnt much room, cork is to the left and riptide to right...the building is basically wedge in between the two attractions..i see this happening sometime after 2019...

so those are my thoughts...i guess we will see what happens. time will tell...

(2. Remove the Top Spin -----> Put in a Mondial Giant Frisbee.)

I think they need to replace Rip Tide for a giant Mondial Frisbee in the same location. Has anyone seen Rip Tide been open yet this season or is it waiting for the weather to get warmer. So far I have been to the park I haven't seen Rip Tide running yet? I would be fine if they replace Rip Tide for a giant Frisbee.

Removing Steel Venom to California's Great America I don't think that's a great idea personally. Valleyfair can't afford to loose any coaster's right now. I actually like Steel Venom. What would you replace Steel Venom with?

4. Remove Flight Deck and Time Warp from Wonderland ---> Relocate Flight Deck to Valleyfair (name it Thunderhawk)

2.Take out riptide and put in knotts boomerang their.they said this is last year of operation . give us a carolina corba treatment like caraowinds..

I don't think we'll be getting Knott's Boomerang, Ouimet said last year that he wasn't a fan of ride relocations. Thankfully, that means we shouldn't have to worry about getting the SLC from Canada's Wonderland either.

http://www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks/la-trb-cedar-fair-coasters-20150827-story.html

Been to VF 4 times this year so far, and Rip Tide was closed all 4 times. Really hoping it stays in the park as it's a great ride once it's up and running. Perhaps relocate it right by Soak City for increased traffic? And speaking of Soak City, if the Excalibur removal and parking lot turn out to be true, is it likely that Thunder Canyon will become part of Soak City? I could certainly see that increasing the traffic to the ride if everyone in bathing suits could ride it without having to leave the water park section.

Mark

I was going to do a few rides this morning but they already have 9,000 people expected today. I went back to Renegade hopeing to do a few rides the line was already past the tunnel to the 2 nd que line with one train already a 45 minute wait High Roller had a full que line with two trains running. Looks like a busy day and Extreme Swing plus Steel Venom have full que lines not even noon yet. It's mostly school groups. Does anyone know how long the school groups come?