TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Are we actually looking at the new splash pad they installed last year? We don't need a giant bucket or play structure when we just got one. Ok, it's not giant like some people might want, but they wouldn't install two of the same style of water park attraction.

Also, while the Bumper Cars spot does seem like a prime spot for something new, I would like to quibble slightly that all of the associates hate it. I actually quite enjoyed it, with the longer cycles and entertaining happenings. You've also got to make the most of cleaning it at night.

No. We are talking about a waterfortress like what was added to Carowinds this year or like Paradise Falls at Oceans of Fun

We just got a tipping bucket two years ago.

Splash pad. With no slides. There needs to be a children's area with slides like the one at Water Park of America.

Exactly.

I have a somewhat crazy idea. I know it's pretty unrealistic, but please at least read.

The waterpark at Geagua Lake is not gaining any sort of money or profits each year. It is within one hour of Cedar Point. Some people have said that Geagua Lake's waterpark would close and the water slides could potentially be moved. What if we received the large raft slide and the water fortress and Cedar Point got the rest?

Kind of a crazy idea, but hey why not.

Another bit of information I've recently picked up: Mangler Asylum will be outdoors this year for haunt. That tidbit has caused me to speculate further that the bumper cars building will become our dark ride. While it would be sad for it to go, it makes sense.

-People hate working and cleaning it at night.

-It's a good location in the park.

-That whole midway from Planet Snoopy to Fryer Tuck's needs to be repaved and this would be a good excuse to do so.

-Mr. Ouimet's comments about empty boxes perfect for such rides.

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but it seems whenever there is an expansion for the upcoming year the haunt attractions tend to move around. For an example, London Terror was moved for the H2OMG expansion, and hellside was moved probably because of the upcoming amphitheater restoration. That can only make me wonder what the guys at vf have planned for the old asylum building (aka bumper cars)

^^ From what I have heard and read on TPR, Wildwater Kingdom is not going anywhere.

While it might be dated and they haven't added much of anything in recent years, it apparently still draws in a hefty crowd from the Cleveland area. Not everyone is going to make the 45 minute drive from Cleveland to Sandusky just to go to Soak City.

My guess is that if they were to ever consider closing it, the funnel slide would go to CP and the rest would most likely be scrapped. Not sure if the slide complex and water play structure would be worth disassembly, moving & reassembling.

^^ From what I have heard and read on TPR, Wildwater Kingdom is not going anywhere.

While it might be dated and they haven't added much of anything in recent years, it apparently still draws in a hefty crowd from the Cleveland area. Not everyone is going to make the 45 minute drive from Cleveland to Sandusky just to go to Soak City.

My guess is that if they were to ever consider closing it, the funnel slide would go to CP and the rest would most likely be scrapped. Not sure if the slide complex and water play structure would be worth disassembly, moving & reassembling.

The funnel would definitely be saved if it closed -- they have some really thrilling and nice body and tube slides, but we already have body slides so they wouldn't move half the complex. Maybe the kids water fortress? I'm not sure if those are easy to re-assemble or not.

How about removing Hurricane Falls? Replace that with a new giant slide tower more tube slides or a raft racer? The only thing I would want them to keep is Raging Rapids there rare water ride and it's my favorite water ride in Soak City right now.

How about removing Hurricane Falls? Replace that with a new giant slide tower more tube slides or a raft racer? The only thing I would want them to keep is Raging Rapids there rare water ride and it's my favorite water ride in Soak City right now.

Definitely not out of the picture. Rode it yesterday and it was really quite boring. If they kept the tube elevator and the stair structure, it could definitely work out.

Taking out the Hurricane Falls and keep the stair structure and build on top of the Raging Rapids that would be a logic spot for the next Soak City water park expansion and re locate the looping star ship and move the Soak City enterance over by Mad Mouse there would be enough space for a new slide tower or maybe a raft race.

I hate to do this, but I have to say it.

I was very disappointed with the offerings on the Dining Plan at Valleyfair when compared to what we have here at Worlds of Fun. At Valleyfair it was basically hamburger/chicken fingers and fries or pizza. I did enjoy the pulled pork at Northwinds Grill but I was shocked at how small the sandwich was at Chickie's and Pete's compared to what we get at WOF. Seriously, only a 1/3 sandwich?!?

I was very disappointed with the offerings on the Dining Plan at Valleyfair when compared to what we have here at Worlds of Fun. At Valleyfair it was basically hamburger/chicken fingers and fries or pizza. I did enjoy the pulled pork at Northwinds Grill but I was shocked at how small the sandwich was at Chickie's and Pete's compared to what we get at WOF. Seriously, only a 1/3 sandwich?!?

Did you happen to try Panda Express or Subway? The options there are pretty good.

Mangler Asylum will be outdoors this year for haunt.

Sweet Lord DownHill, Patron Saint of All Gravity-Based Amusements NO. No, no NO NO NO!!!

Why do they have to (bleep) with the GOOD ones? First CarnEvil, now this...?

You'd swear it's some horrid 'mission' to plunge our Halloween Haunt into CP's depths of mediocrity.

That tidbit has caused me to speculate further that the bumper cars building will become our dark ride...People hate working and cleaning it at night.

Please try not to take this personally...? But that's the Season One, Episode One Cosby Show Dumbest Thing I've Ever Heard. 'Staff doesn't wanna work the ride' is the absolute LAST reason they'd close an attraction. 'Specially if said ride can be staffed and operated by a single rideop that (apparently) doesn't wanna work that hard. In the shade. At a task not requiring oh, shoveling coal into a furnace or stooping all day to pick fruit or okay FINE belaboring the point a bit. But I'm sayin'.

Besides, they tossed up a Whole New Building for Chateau Du Damne last year. Why wouldn't they do the same for a dark ride?

-Mr. Ouimet's comments about empty boxes perfect for such rides.

But we don't really have empty boxes. WOF? Empty boxes. Kings Anywhere? Empty boxes. Parks that were developed years before Cedar Fair got (tragically) involved and planned on more shows/entertainment than mechanical rides have empty boxes. But Kinzel got to us too soon.

The closest thing VF had to empty boxes were the old picnic shelters--which we've already stuffed with crap. Literally. Crap. Come on, you've walked thru the Halloween Haunt detractions there, right? In all fairness, Wekilou was great and *headsmack* oh RIGHT never mind. I regret even bringing that up.

And don't get me started about Hellside Farm. The damned front gate bathrooms are more frightening.

I'm gonna have a much harder time convincing the Missus to renew her season pass at this rate. Wow. NOT good.

That can only make me wonder what the guys at vf have planned for the old asylum building (aka bumper cars)

Operating it beyond August?

Considering the popularity of the ride I would assume no, and to phantom's post about the dining plan you gotta stop by the food truck. Pretty decent food actually.

That can only make me wonder what the guys at vf have planned for the old asylum building (aka bumper cars)

Operating it beyond August?

Considering the popularity of the ride I would assume no, and to phantom's post about the dining plan you gotta stop by the food truck. Pretty decent food actually.

It wasn't an option on Sunday

Did you happen to try Panda Express or Subway? The options there are pretty good.

Panda and Subway as good options. Where's a nun with a yardstick when you need one? Hold out your hand...

I believe him three THOUSAND percent and you need to say something about it. I had a VF Season Dining Pass last year for one reason only: Wild Thing Fries. Every serving I'd get last year looked like Hot Greasy Dripped-With-Gravy Sex and this year they're a fraction of the size. Not that Wild Thing Fries remain on the menu (they don't) but the portion sizes have dropped immensely. Especially for the listed prices.

If they served stingy rations of food like that in the South? They'd get punched. Perhaps even literally.

VF desperately needs a 'trademark food.' Something the park's known for a la Kennywood's Potato Patch. Couldn't tell you what it needs to be, as my palate has a wider range than the typical Minnesotan. But a RenFest turkey drum or State Fair something-on-a-stick would work wonders if you ask me.

But a RenFest turkey drum or State Fair something-on-a-stick would work wonders if you ask me.

They sell turkey drums near Mad Mouse and they have pickle on a stick near Planet Snoopy and Wild Thing.

This is really inexcusable. Same restaurant - two different parks.

What are we supposed to do with that? Why don't you tell Cedar Fair.

There's a new rumor just posted on screamscape for Valleyfair possibly getting a new dark ride in 2017? Would the hi test arcade building be big enough for a dark ride?

I'm going to take a wild guess, and say that either the guy running Screamscape, read this thread and posted that, or somebody from here told him that, and he posted it. I'm not trying to take a dump on the site entirely, because sometimes there is legit info there. But this seems a bit fishy, coming right after it was discussed in here...