TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

There are no woodies at a CF park that I'd call an airtime machine,

It's called a GCI.

Prowler and Gold Striker say otherwise.

Other than the triple down there's not much air on Prowler

Honestly I get great air on Prowler. Especially in the front. It's not ejector but there's tons of floater.

Nothing at WOF even factors in this conversation.

Did you ever ride TimberWolf in it's glory days. The airtime was so kicka$$ that you could switch seats because of how hard you flew into that lap bar. Sure, GCI is neutering it, but still, if we are talking about legacies, TW was one of the best airtime coasters of all time.

There are no woodies at a CF park that I'd call an airtime machine,

It's called a GCI.

Prowler and Gold Striker say otherwise.

Other than the triple down there's not much air on Prowler

Honestly I get great air on Prowler. Especially in the front. It's not ejector but there's tons of floater.

Nothing at WOF even factors in this conversation.

Did you ever ride TimberWolf in it's glory days. The airtime was so kicka$$ that you could switch seats because of how hard you flew into that lap bar. Sure, GCI is neutering it, but still, if we are talking about legacies, TW was one of the best airtime coasters of all time.

I'm not sure who you're asking here, but yes I rode Timber Wolf back during 1989. It opened on my birthday.

I did stop by the park for a few hours before I went to work like I normally do. Went back to Renegade ask one of the ride operators I know about the attandence for today said park was expecting about 10,000. The park looked really busy one ride on Renegade 45 minute two trains running line past the tunnel.

Oh and kudos to the Corkscrew crew. They're cranking out the trains today.

Thanks from the crew We don't have to have guests pull up on their seatbelts, just visually check them. It's definitely cut down on cycle time and even I've noticed a greater hourly average so far this season.

On the topic of another SC expansion. Mr. Frazier did confirm with me that we will not get a new coaster in 2017. That does not mean they couldn't start one for a 2018 opening. So, it would make sense for another Soak City expansion and the location of the Looping Star Ship is the most ideal spot until the area out west can be expanded. I'm guessing they will keep the LSS. I have seen pretty decent crowds for it lately. Also, by relocated and some refurb and maybe a theme change I think it could become popular again. There are not many around anymore and they are more fun then just swinging back and forth. It would be cool to build it over water and have sprays of water shoot up during the ride cycle. Also, Valleyfair can't afford to loose an inverting ride.

On to Soak City. With a possible new expansion, do you think they will move the entrance over by Mad Mouse? That way they could use the existing entrance for more space for a new tower or more space for lounges.

I wouldn't be too surprised if they added another new flat ride in addition to the SC expansion. Don't you just LOVE speculation?

I actually had a good ride on Corkscrew. No body jostling whatsoever.

Nice Pic. I rode Corkscrew on opening day and thought it ran fantastic. The old girl is running like new! Guess it's going to stay awhile yet!

If they're going to do another Soak City they are going to have to do a lot more than just another slide tower. I agree moving the entrance to maximize land is a must. I think a new waterfortress needs go where the older splash pad/kiddie lazy river is currently has to be a high priority. A hybrid large raft slide needs to go where LSS is currently. A racer slide can go where the current entrance path is. That would be a good start at least. Capacity is what is most needed right now - well that and more space but that's what you get for not building the waterpark up front where Challenge Park was.

Another bit of information I've recently picked up: Mangler Asylum will be outdoors this year for haunt. That tidbit has caused me to speculate further that the bumper cars building will become our dark ride. While it would be sad for it to go, it makes sense.

-People hate working and cleaning it at night.

-It's a good location in the park.

-That whole midway from Planet Snoopy to Fryer Tuck's needs to be repaved and this would be a good excuse to do so.

-Mr. Ouimet's comments about empty boxes perfect for such rides.

Another bit of information I've recently picked up: Mangler Asylum will be outdoors this year for haunt. That tidbit has caused me to speculate further that the bumper cars building will become our dark ride. While it would be sad for it to go, it makes sense.

-People hate working and cleaning it at night.

-It's a good location in the park.

-That whole midway from Planet Snoopy to Fryer Tuck's needs to be repaved and this would be a good excuse to do so.

-Mr. Ouimet's comments about empty boxes perfect for such rides.

Sounds like both VF and WOF will get dark rides next year.

That would make sense to move the Soak City enterance over by Mad Mouse and re locate Looping Star Ship somewhere else there you would have room for another Soak City water park expansion. I would think your going to see another water park expansion. When the Dino contract is up that would be my prediction for a new coaster to come footers in 2018. For next year I would like to see a Frisebee for a new thrill ride with a water park expansion at the same time. Early next week it's supposed to get into the 90's again.

Another waterpark expansion would be a fine addition, but I agree with PhantomPoster32 that it should be more than just another slide tower. A large tipping bucket children's play area is something the waterpark is really lacking. I'd guess they might also remove the Panic Falls slides since they're rather pointless now that we have the new slides. As for a dark ride, I would welcome one of those, but don't have the slightest idea what they'd theme it to.

On another note, I'll be starting my ride operator position at Valleyfair this week . Still not sure what ride I'll be working at, but it should be an interesting experience.

Are we actually looking at the new splash pad they installed last year? We don't need a giant bucket or play structure when we just got one. Ok, it's not giant like some people might want, but they wouldn't install two of the same style of water park attraction.

Also, while the Bumper Cars spot does seem like a prime spot for something new, I would like to quibble slightly that all of the associates hate it. I actually quite enjoyed it, with the longer cycles and entertaining happenings. You've also got to make the most of cleaning it at night.

Here are my predictions looking ahead 3 years:

- 2017: Dark ride themed to EA property (Plants vs zombies, Need for Speed, Battlefield)

- 2018: Coaster (not even speculating what kind, but likely a small B&M)

- 2019: Soak City: new entrance and parking lot (bye-bye excalibur), mat racer, some sort of raft slide, tipping bucket play structure where old kids area currently is. Looping starship is not relocated from the park, but removed.

Everything else old in the waterpark stays.

Another waterpark expansion would be a fine addition, but I agree with PhantomPoster32 that it should be more than just another slide tower. A large tipping bucket children's play area is something the waterpark is really lacking. I'd guess they might also remove the Panic Falls slides since they're rather pointless now that we have the new slides. As for a dark ride, I would welcome one of those, but don't have the slightest idea what they'd theme it to.

On another note, I'll be starting my ride operator position at Valleyfair this week . Still not sure what ride I'll be working at, but it should be an interesting experience.

Fun fun fun! Visit me at tollgate on your breaks!

Hope you have fun, and tell me all about it please! That's like my dream job!

Here are my predictions looking ahead 3 years:

- 2017: Dark ride themed to EA property (Plants vs zombies, Need for Speed, Battlefield)

- 2018: Coaster (not even speculating what kind, but likely a small B&M)

- 2019: Soak City: new entrance and parking lot (bye-bye excalibur), mat racer, some sort of raft slide, tipping bucket play structure where old kids area currently is. Looping starship is not relocated from the park, but removed.

Everything else old in the waterpark stays.

Dino's contract isn't up until 2019, so the coaster would have to wait until at least then. And they tried to do that 2019 plan this year but they haven't passed it yet, so I would think next year is the year for that, then 2018 will be dark ride or whatever, and then 2019 might maybe be a coaster