TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I normally stop by the park each day before I go to work and a few hours on the weekends. Anyone know what mechanical issues Wild Thing is having? Each day I have been there it seems to go down for mechanical issues then goes back up again. I was in line around 1:00 pm this afternoon it went down again for twenty minutes. When I was in the station somethings I notice when one of the trains was coming back hitting the first set of brakes it came to a sudden stop even with people on is that normal? Seems like Wild Thing has been having mechanical brake downs this season more then I have seen then normal.

I rode the high roller yesterday and the new train is nice. However, the restraints put four huge bruises on my thighs!! I do remember thinking my thighs hurt whenever it went over the bunny hills. I don't think I'll be riding that much this year.

Worked tollgate this weekend for about 14 hours. Called security twice my first day and had to deal with loss prevention... LOL! The second day I zero'd out so that is good and I still haven't been on one ride this season... Maybe I'll hit valley fair up this weekend. I feel so bad, one of my friends had to work preferred parking for 11 hours in one day!

I rode the high roller yesterday and the new train is nice. However, the restraints put four huge bruises on my thighs!! I do remember thinking my thighs hurt whenever it went over the bunny hills. I don't think I'll be riding that much this year.

Really? I rode it today and thought they were kinda harsh on the legs, but not bad enough to give bruises. Where did you get the other two since it only touches in two places on the legs? Granted, I am more petite so bars usually give me less problems.

I've always despised PTC lapbars. They were clearly designed by chicken-legged men with no identifiable @$$.

But I hate them for taking all my airtime. They've never hurt me. All the fun's been drained from that final hop now if you ask me.

Worked tollgate this weekend for about 14 hours. Called security twice my first day and had to deal with loss prevention... LOL! The second day I zero'd out so that is good and I still haven't been on one ride this season... Maybe I'll hit valley fair up this weekend. I feel so bad, one of my friends had to work preferred parking for 11 hours in one day!

Welcome to Cedar Fair.

I've always despised PTC lapbars. They were clearly designed by chicken-legged men with no identifiable @$$.

But I hate them for taking all my airtime. They've never hurt me. All the fun's been drained from that final hop now if you ask me.

I always get the best airtime out of PTC's.

Really? I rode it today and thought they were kinda harsh on the legs, but not bad enough to give bruises. Where did you get the other two since it only touches in two places on the legs? Granted, I am more petite so bars usually give me less problems.

I'm pretty small too and I felt like that was part of the problem. Every time I went over a hill I would come out of my seat and hit the bars. My bruise was on my upper thigh and then where my pelvic bone sticks out. So basically where it was making contact with my thighs and then where it made contact in my abdomen, but I'm skinny so my bone sticks out further.

I was sitting in the very back seat so that might be part of the problem.

There are no woodies at a CF park that I'd call an airtime machine, with the HUGE exception of Ghostrider in the glory days (incredible in '04, an atrocity whenever I took the missus). And yes, that would include debut year Mean Streak, before the headbanging and first-drop trims. I'd still rate High Roller above Blue Streak, both before and after CP defaced it with PTCs. Nothing at WOF even factors in this conversation. Where was I...? Oh yes. Real air versus PTC lapbars.

My statement regarding 'no air' was a relative statement, not an absolute one. Out in Real Woodie Country (*cough* WISCONSIN DELLS), there are plenty of coasters with bruise-inducing air, with or without stupid orange PTC lapbars. Avalanche (duh) or Hades before the lift hill readily come to mind. But they'd still be better rides without them. I won't even bother bringing up Cyclops WHOOPS just did.

There are no woodies at a CF park that I'd call an airtime machine, with the HUGE exception of Ghostrider in the glory days (incredible in '04, an atrocity whenever I took the missus). And yes, that would include debut year Mean Streak, before the headbanging and first-drop trims. I'd still rate High Roller above Blue Streak, both before and after CP defaced it with PTCs. Nothing at WOF even factors in this conversation. Where was I...? Oh yes. Real air versus PTC lapbars.

My statement regarding 'no air' was a relative statement, not an absolute one. Out in Real Woodie Country (*cough* WISCONSIN DELLS), there are plenty of coasters with bruise-inducing air, with or without stupid orange PTC lapbars. Avalanche (duh) or Hades before the lift hill readily come to mind. But they'd still be better rides without them. I won't even bother bringing up Cyclops WHOOPS just did.

I went to the dells with my cousins once a couple years back when Hades 360 was a year old, I believe. Tickets were like 10 dollars because there were only a couple rides open. We did Hades, and it was the first ride of my season. It was the most intense experience I've ever had on a roller coaster. I wasn't in the front, so I couldn't really see what was going on, especially because of the fog, but I still put my hands up! The asshole in front of me and my cousin was holding a cell phone, recording. I don't know if Hades is always this bumpy, but it had the new trains. The seats were comfy but I was worried that the guy was going to let his phone smack me or my cousin in the face. Cyclops just felt plain unsafe... the whole place seemed a little bit sketchy, almost like something you'd see in a cartoon.

Anyone else think Hades is intense? Or am I just a wuss?

Dropped by VF for a few fours today, noticed a few small changes...

New electronic sign near front of park is working. Looks nice.

image.thumb.jpeg.43574a32cd6f731c393af37bea9ec578.jpeg

They've placed these sound mufflers on the side of Wild Thing's MCBR, smart move since they're using amphitheater this year.

New Corkscrew entrance sign.

image.thumb.jpeg.156202908ca8ff92fd1101e4817c5263.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c5878b1260c87dbd8466a2d4082f34b3.jpeg

Couple bits of information for you:

-I've heard from a few that this is Looping Starship's last year (at least in current location) to be replaced by Soak City expansion

-There's some dirt-moving going on behind Chickie's and Pete's. Make of that what you will.

-The Northwest part of the parking lot has been (partially and crappily) repaved with markings for more later on.

-I found the below markings just outside the Wild Thing photo booth.

DSCN4569.thumb.JPG.85c41a2a45c18104b6d71a1d0722de2b.JPG

Wild Thing Photo markings

I always have been thinking that the looping star ship area would be the next area for the soak city water park expansion and there's plenty of space there for another slide tower or maybe a tornado bowl tube slides and remove the volleyball courts. Would the looping star ship re locate somewhere else or would that be replaced for a new thrill ride?

^^

I also noticed the dirt-moving behind Chickies and Petes. It was a fairly small plot of land so I doubt it's anything too significant. Maybe a new permanent Haunt maze?

As for Looping Starship, if the rumor is true, they could move it to the WT turnaround or the old Tilter spot, but I don't know if it's popular enough to warrant saving. It hardly ever has a line unless the park is packed.