TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Happy Opening Day everyone! I hope anyone who is going out to the park this weekend enjoys it and is excited for the season to come. What's everyone most excited about? I'm excited to be working in the park and to be able to go back and watch the Live Entertainment shows. It's gonna be a great season of new memories, friends, and rides!

I just arrived at Valleyfair. It's moderate rain right now. Just waiting for the highway gates to open. . New season waiting for a expansion annoucement for some new rides water park annoucement maybe for next year. I see security driving around in the main lot wonder if they'll let me in yet lol.

Edited by Lightning Rod

Went to opening day. Here's some of the things I noticed: Flyers were a huge sleeper hit, my group loved them and they were surprisingly fast, some restaurants got chain queue lines, the sign and flags all had vf40 and gave the park a more professional look, merch has definitely been better, the sign that directs guests to route 76 is now digital. Overall, I thought the park looked a lot more modern, clean cut, and professional than in the past years. I'm really excited to see what more stuff Cedar Fair has to offer in the coming years.

*EDIT*

I also remembered that I noticed blue power tower's launch was extremely toned down.

Dropped by Valleyfair for a few hours today. It was a bit chilly, but mostly a nice day to be there since the lines were short (minus Renegade, 45-minute wait due to one-train operations).

I noticed that the Breakers Plunge waterslides have been almost completely stripped of their colors. I wonder what that's all about.

image.thumb.jpeg.b9944327129bed3cd22e22351328b2d7.jpeg

Dropped by Valleyfair for a few hours today. It was a bit chilly, but mostly a nice day to be there since the lines were short (minus Renegade, 45-minute wait due to one-train operations).

I noticed that the Breakers Plunge waterslides have been almost completely stripped of their colors. I wonder what that's all about.

The slides had some surface issues that are being corrected by the manufacturer while it's still under warranty. It should be open by memorial day as long as the weather warms up.

I stopped by the park today on the way to work for a few hours. Did a few rides on Flying Eagles walk on. Park wasn't to busy. Just wondering. I meet up with Mike at Renegade rode for a few times. When the line normally gets past the tunnel how come they don't run two trains on a regular basis? Once the line gets past the tunnel it's about a half hour wait with one train. On the way out I stopped on Wild Thing running two trains walk on. Just wondering about Renegade.

I stopped by the park today on the way to work for a few hours. Did a few rides on Flying Eagles walk on. Park wasn't to busy. Just wondering. I meet up with Mike at Renegade rode for a few times. When the line normally gets past the tunnel how come they don't run two trains on a regular basis? Once the line gets past the tunnel it's about a half hour wait with one train. On the way out I stopped on Wild Thing running two trains walk on. Just wondering about Renegade.

They might not have the staffing yet. Each ride is different, but sometimes there are positions that must be staffed for an additional train (for example, usually someone at the turnstile/entrance). It's still finals season so there's a bunch of us Ops that can't be back yet.

Happy to announce that I've been offered a ride operator position at Valleyfair that I plan on accepting . Looking forward to experiencing the park from an employee's perspective.

^

Not sure which ride I'll be working at yet, but I put that I'd rather work with adults than children on the application, so hopefully I'll get a coaster or thrill ride.

I'm 20-30 minutes depending on the day. During the weekdays there's backups on the Ferry Bridge (as two lanes go down to one) which is always annoying to skirt around.

I live about two hours away from the park, so I'll have to live in the dorms.

You should contact Housing ASAP. I heard they were almost full for guys; I can't quite believe it but it's better safe than sorry.

Stopped by the park this morning did a few rides be there on Saturday. I spoke with one of the managers about the metal detectors. He told me this is going to be on random days and it's also at other Cedar Fair parks as well at Cedar Point. He mention that this might be a perminate installation in the next few years. Anyone think we need metal dectors?

^Honestly I think all parks should have and use metal detectors. A person's life and safety is worth it. I know parks aren't historically targets for terrorism or gun violence, but the fact that without metal detectors anyone can bring a gun into a park is scary. Look at Universal with the guy who was clearly mentally suffering who went in and offed himself in front of a bunch of people. Carowinds rarely even bag checks consistently and someone could literally wheel a bomb into the place. It just seems like poor safety judgment and even if something major hasn't happened yet, there is always a first.

Now what drives me crazy are the parks that have metal detectors and don't have employees trained to move people through them quickly. At some parks it causes a really bad backup and at others it isn't even an issue.

It bugs me that they have them at Valleyfair because they only have wands and it takes forever to wand someone compared to having them walk through. If we got them permanently, I could see some walk through detectors being purchased and installed.