TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

^ Or how about a coaster name something like...oh, I don't know......Viking?

Or something original like 'Chip-Shot Shank'?

Kidding, kidding...you know I am only kidding! The Bills suck and lost four SB's just like Minnesota as well as lost a playoff game on a stupid, fluke play...I can feel your pain!

^ Or how about a coaster name something like...oh, I don't know......Viking?

Go with Valkyrie. LOL. It's Viking (for you MN football fans), folklore, foreign, and flying. Very much like Valravn.

But then I just picture Bugs Bunny on that fat horse...

I'm not a fan of sports related coasters. Especially the Viking theme, that's just me though.

Purple track with yellow supports wouldn't float your boat, huh?

I don't mind a sports-related coaster. Fury 325 has sports connotations for Charlotte, I'd argue Raging Bull is the same with Chicago, Blue Streak at Cedar Point...and if you consider NASCAR a sport, both Intimidators would count as well, right?

I think Valkyrie would be an awesome name for VF's new B&M invert.

To address this quote, valleyfair is not getting an invert, and you're implying that we are. Which we are not.

On a different note, I can swear we always have this discussion every year, Excalibur is not leaving for now. They always have kept the warning up a little too long, every year.

The open houses, or preview day, used to be only for associates but starting last year they changed it to inviting season pass holders. The main rides are open, allowing associates to practice with actual people before the park opens. Some food locations and shops are open too.

Long overdue if you ask this passholder. Whenever I pick up a season at the Flags, they toss around passholder ERT on Another Coaster Cedar Point Doesn't Have Yet like candy sprinkles in a Cupcake Thunderstorm. Usually the week after I've planned a visit--but that's not the point.

I think Valkyrie would be an awesome name for VF's new B&M invert.

To address this quote, valleyfair is not getting an invert, and you're implying that we are. Which we are not.

Yes, I know ValleyFair has not announced anything about a new invert coaster. Do I "think" that we will someday eventually get one, Yes, I hope so! When, I have no idea, just like everyone else. Hopefully maybe in the next couple three years. And if we were to get one, I think Valkyrie would be a cool name for one.

I just assumed that everyone here would know that is what I meant by my post. Why does everyone here have to take everyone posts so literal. Can't we just have a fun discussion about what we like/hope/wish to see someday at our home park? And how we all enjoy coasters, and can dream about getting a new one someday at VF? Sheesh!!

I can't shake the funny feeling that VF's going to wind up with the hand-me-down SLC from Canada's Wonderland. Sorry. Enthusiasts will howl with rage, the GP won't give two shakes.

Frankly, nor will I. What CF-designed invert ever set my world ablaze? Raptor's half a great coaster ('till the midcourse anyway) and the rest are nice. They're not bad rides. They're pleasant, inoffensive, rerideable, fun while I'm there. But they don't change my outlook on life, either. Admittedly, I haven't boarded Banshee. Patriot, Talon, Silver Bullet? Yup. None compare to almost any Florida B&M invert. (Whatever Fire Dragon's called now? The lone exception). It's not even close. I see no point in dropping $15 million plus on a coaster that was hot when Michael Keaton was Batman instead of Birdman.

So bring in the SLC, get this 'invert' nonsense over with but at least grant VF a new set of trains. That's what I think.

Edited by FKA 'Playa