TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Aren't they all just clones? Why does it matter if they are in Pennsylvania or Minnesota or anywhere?

Of course nothing compares to Knoebels but Dorney is actually okay for a Larson....better than Hershey for sure. I've managed weak snaps and be able to nearly twist the tub 180 degrees.

The Larson models are definitely snappable, but what it comes down to is park policy. I've seen the whole range from different cedar fair parks - everything from encouraging it to threatening to kick people out.

I really hope Valleyfair will fall more on the relaxed side of the spectrum

Aren't they all just clones? Why does it matter if they are in Pennsylvania or Minnesota or anywhere?

Because another park in Pen has some crazy snappers

What is snapping? (sorry if that's a stupid question)

Having the cables get slack, then snapping the cables by turning in another direction

Holy crap. I thought snapping was something semi-lame. That is intense.

I'm thinking that it won't be allowed to such an extent that the car hits the ground, since the maintenance guys would probably hate that, and I'd be freaked out of my mind as an operator if I didn't know what this was.

Yeah snapping can get pretty crazy lol! It's to bad CF didn't bring back Kings Island's Flying Eagles back to the park last year . The Larson's are a good ride since that's what we got.

The Bisch Rocco that was formerly at Kings Island is now the one at Carowinds. Then KI got a new Larson model.

^Yeah, but I and others would have liked it more if they brought the Brisch Rocco one that was at Carowinds and returned them to Kings Island. They have a lot of history at the park, it was there when it first opened. Carowinds could have then gotten the new Larson model. That was one of Paramounts worst decisions, and taking out the Antique Cars. The good old days.

That Kings Island clip gives you NO impression of the sound that thing makes when it's snapped. The reverb thru the structure (and your soul)...You'd Just Have to Be There. Lucky me, I was there for a day in '04 and saw some moderately good folks.

I'll be working there this summer, and I'm kind of nervous to snap to be honest. I don't wanna get bitched out by a ride op, and I definitely don't want to make it smash the ground. But I think I'll have some fun

I'll be working there this summer, and I'm kind of nervous to snap to be honest. I don't wanna get bitched out by a ride op, and I definitely don't want to make it smash the ground. But I think I'll have some fun

You wont hit the ground the ground with a larson model. There fun tho

Interesting sight whilst turning in employment paperwork at the park. Seems like the speed slides have the paint stripped off or something. My apologies for the terrible quality photos.

I had heard rumors that some of the waterslides were having water flow problems that hurt people's backs, and that Whitewater West would be coming in this spring to fix it. Looks like that might be what this is.

^Water flow problems hurting people? Who? When? I was more likely to ride those slides than VF's coasters, never heard complaints and didn't see much downtime. Except--of course--when part of the finish (or paint, if you will) worked its way off one of those slides. That's not s'posed to happen.

I was actually one of the people who got injured on the breakers pipeline slides. The main issue was the water on the helixes wouldn't read the upper sides of the slide needed to prevent friction burns. So if one were to slide, their legs would kick up and hit the sides of the dry slide at 30+ mph resulting in some pretty painful burns. I can't imagine why they would do this to the plunge and speed slides.

I was actually one of the people who got injured on the breakers pipeline slides. The main issue was the water on the helixes

Huh? I thought you were talking about the tall speed slides with the finish removed and all. The 'chicken chute' slides look exactly the same.

I went on the plunge slide and being honest it did hurt my back, but it didn't stop me from riding the coasters!

We have to turn in employee paperwork 2 weeks prior to training, or 2 weeks prior to orientation?

It could just be routine refinishing.

Routine refinishing on slides that are not even a year old? Think there might be something more than that.

If there were premature wear spots, that's usually a bad sign and can cause scrapping on people's backs. Usually a water flow increase fixes it, but must of been a bad coating in combination with the pumps not pushing up enough water. It's not cheap to have the slides refinished thanks in part to the particular resin paint that's used, but if WWW is coming out to fix it, must mean it's still under their warranty.