TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Nope. Alternated between Route 76 and--what would you call it? The Monster Midway...?

Any thoughts on the unnamed Summer Improv show in the Galaxy theater? The ComedySportz guys pack the place out during Halloween Haunt and I guess they imagine there's enough locals between Dudley Riggs' and Stevie Ray's improv schools to package something similar. Mayyyyyyybe. A weekdays-and-daylight-hours troupe would have to keep the language/topics above board. I'd still prefer that to another CF music-n-dancing thing. Would I EVER.

Any thoughts on the unnamed Summer Improv show in the Galaxy theater? The ComedySportz guys pack the place out during Halloween Haunt and I guess they imagine there's enough locals between Dudley Riggs' and Stevie Ray's improv schools to package something similar. Mayyyyyyybe. A weekdays-and-daylight-hours troupe would have to keep the language/topics above board. I'd still prefer that to another CF music-n-dancing thing. Would I EVER.

Where did you hear that an improv show was going to be in Galaxy? I heard it wasn't going to be open to the public this summer.

Not yet. I am asking this weekend during leadership training. I'm curious myself since Knott's removed theirs, and of course, Riptide is my precious piece-of-shirt baby. We've been through a lot together.

When I was there on March 26th, the gondola was at the back of the associate lot with a tarp over it. It's still listed on the park's website, and the Subway page says it's close to Riptide. So my guess is soon, but not yet.

Probably wasn't the best idea for Dorney. Especially Dorney. Out in PA where people were born-and-raised on non-corporate parks and learned how to bounce a tub off the pavement before they could ride a bicycle.

Since 98% of Minnesotans have no clue how to do it (that includes me ), they can't miss it.

:lol: Have fun with those, they suck. The one at Dorney is an embarrassment to flyers everywhere.

You know, I like these Larson flyers, but out here in the Midwest the only flyers there are are Larsons. Then I hear people saying those suck compared to Knoebel's flyers, and I think, "If Larsons are good, how incredible must these be?" And then I start planning a PA trip until I realize I don't have enough vacation time.