TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Screamscqpe partners with In The Loop which I think is the best roller coaster YouTube/podcast. They have amazing stuff. Check it out if you haven't. Off the walls funny.

Oh no you didn't!!!! On TPR? You're gonna call another youtube channel the best rollercoaster channel in the TPR forums? That's ballsy!

Screamscqpe partners with In The Loop which I think is the best roller coaster YouTube/podcast. They have amazing stuff. Check it out if you haven't. Off the walls funny.

Oh no you didn't!!!! On TPR? You're gonna call another youtube channel the best rollercoaster channel in the TPR forums? That's ballsy!

I don't think the moderators/owners of this site are that sensitive. In the Loop and TPR are too completely different things. TPR focuses more POV videos while ITL does more commentary/park walk throughs/vlogs. It's all just personal taste. In the Loop is the best roller coaster podcast though, and by far.

In the Loop is the best roller coaster podcast though, and by far.

I agree. CoasterRadio is the only one that comes close at all, and they don't talk about the news of the week and just do recurring segments which becomes really annoying when something big happened. Everything else is just awful -- and most of it is just Disney lover podcasts that complain when WDW changes a single thing ever so slightly.

Okay, stupid idea time.

Picture 1:

Red Outline: Gate coaster. Whatever make & model it could be.

Blue Outline: Last summer, on my route to/from the park from the dorms, I saw some markings that could possibly relate to a future coaster. Unfortunately, I have no photographic evidence or it would be posted.

Black squiggles: a flat ride or two. Whatever they may be. Or the black and blue (within current park bounds) would combine for a new flat area of the park

This also leaves that area to the west open for Haunt/storage while eliminating Dinos Alive.

Picture 2:

Red squiggles: queue/station that takes out Riptide

Blue outline: Coaster that takes out Corkscrew. Goes around Ferris Wheel. If layed out correctly, it could also be the home for a small flat.

Picture 3:

The exit for Enterprise bothers me and needs to be relocated. See blue line for possible relocation.

Capture1.PNG.b2b245b3de536565c5e38195186c0716.PNG

Picture 1 aka the most out there of ideas

Capture2.PNG.c2ed3c52637bb1fe4f3fd46f3313f45f.PNG

Corkscrew/Riptide killer

Capture3.PNG.cc2e922a64229fedfa422027634d2b17.PNG

Re-routing Enterprise

I just can't see Corkscrew going anywhere for a while. I really do love the way it interacts with Planet Snoopy and the midways. It's a perfect first looper.

I can definitely see the bathrooms by the turnaround on High Roller being removed to make way for a plaza for a new invert/small B&M on the site of Dinos Alive sometime in 2019/2020 though. Same old song, I know.

I suspect we'll see some sort of dark ride before a new coaster at that rate.

Anyone heard of any further progress for the Valleyfair waterpark/second gate/parking lot expansion?

I agree that Corkscrew is probably going to be staying for a while. It is actually pretty smooth considering its age and fits well with the surroundings. A new area with a roller coaster and some flats would be perfect in the Dinosaurs Alive spot.

I'm hoping 2017 will be our year for something great. I like the wave, not riding it, but watching it. Also it's a classic. Riptide can leave now though and i agree a station would go good there because That area could use a coaster, a while back someone said an inversion could interact with the Power Tower bridge, and I would like to see some midway interaction.

The Riptide section of land seems very favorable to me as well.

However, there is no way it could interact with the PowTow bridge. For one, it bounces. Second, the train already goes under it and there isn't anywhere to reroute the tracks to. It would be dam cool though.

Solutions:

1. Change the structure of the bridge, shouldn't be too big of a deal.

2. Just take out a flat in PS to reroute it.

I'm hoping 2017 will be our year for something great. I like the wave, not riding it, but watching it. Also it's a classic. Riptide can leave now though and i agree a station would go good there because That area could use a coaster, a while back someone said an inversion could interact with the Power Tower bridge, and I would like to see some midway interaction.

The Riptide section of land seems very favorable to me as well.

However, there is no way it could interact with the PowTow bridge. For one, it bounces. Second, the train already goes under it and there isn't anywhere to reroute the tracks to. It would be dam cool though.

Solutions:

1. Change the structure of the bridge, shouldn't be too big of a deal.

2. Just take out a flat in PS to reroute it.

There really isn't an option to reroute the bridge, or change the design. The incline is steep enough as it is, and stairs aren't an option to maintain handicap accessibility. If the really wanted to, the would need to change the entrance to the gate between Wild Thing and Red Baron, but again, the train goes right through there. And the air compressor building can be pretty loud

^

Nice! The work they did the last 2 years improved the ride so this should make it that much better. Good to see that still happening. Hopefully they do some work on High Roller too, that ride also improved from last year with the work they did in the off season.

It looks like they are just adding more trims...

I guess if this new wood has an obnoxiously high coefficient of friction you could argue it's like a really old school friction brake, but I think it's more likely that you don't really know what trims look like because that's definitely not it.

I didn't even think GCI's have trims to be perfectly honest.

It looks like they are just adding more trims...

I guess if this new wood has an obnoxiously high coefficient of friction you could argue it's like a really old school friction brake, but I think it's more likely that you don't really know what trims look like because that's definitely not it.

I didn't even think GCI's have trims to be perfectly honest.

I just took a second look and thought to myself, oh god, what if they aren't trims. I don't really know what they look like I guess.

Am I right in guessing that these help even out the track by holding down the wood? Or at least smooth it out a bit? I'm curious as to what they accomplish.

Thats what I thought it could be as well.

Fellow TPR Members,

MNThemeParks is a very small group that has a big impact in the theme park environment. They run events for poor children in theme parks that would not normally be able to go to a theme park. They cover all the costs, fees, everything. Right now they are looking to get tshirts for their leaders. If you go to the link below, you can complete several activities of no cost to you that give dollars directly back to the organization. A great way to support a great charity. Also, if you complete the activities as recognized, shoot me a private message and I'll send you a theme park prize pack. I love this organization and want to help them as much as possible. Thanks!

https://www.pearup.com/mnthemeparks/rally

Time for another stupid idea that may/may not be feasible. Those plans that show Excalibur being razed for a parking lot show the access road being re-routed around Thunder Canyon and Renegade. That access road passes through Renegade. How cool would it be if a coaster went through that hole made for the access road? RCT pipe dream, I know--especially with Thunder Canyon in the way. Either way, I'm going to keep dreaming up stupid stuff.

The likeliness of a coaster or any new attraction going in the back part of the park is extremely slim. Other than a new parking lot, a front gate coaster would make much more sense.

I agree. Once the dinos go extinct that would clear a nice piece of real estate for a front gate coaster!

The likeliness of a coaster or any new attraction going in the back part of the park is extremely slim. Other than a new parking lot, a front gate coaster would make much more sense.

I agree. Once the dinos go extinct that would clear a nice piece of real estate for a front gate coaster!

I've never felt that a front gate coaster here is that much of a necessity since Wild Thing comes close enough. That being said, the Dinos spot does seem like the best location for a coaster if they don't want to expand further into the flood plain or remove an existing coaster.

1849940540_ScreenShot2016-03-08at1_11_16PM.thumb.png.37435998b964609e666e565890fb7390.png