TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I'll be honest with you and in any work environment people usually tease and joke around with each other. Even as adults. It's what happens when you're with the same people everyday all summer long. You become more like family then coworkers. I wouldn't take anything personally as long as it seems in jest and good natured. Don't be afraid to make jokes back. These people you'll work with will become life long friends. I'm 32 and I started at Geauga Lake when I was 16, I still talk to old park coworkers everyday. I hang out with them more then old high school and college friends. We still have a Christmas party every year and the park has been closed for almost a decade now. And if anyone bullies or teases you to the point you're uncomfortable that is was your lead, supervisor, manager and finally HR is for. But again, from my experience when you're with the same people all day everyday, even more then your family during the summer, it all is in fun and usually not intended to hurt your feelings.

THIS. Don't be afraid to have fun with your fellow associates, but also know when there is a limit.

Well I interviewed today and I think it went great! I've never been so close with Renegade before, and that axis road was pretty cool. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear back if you got the job or not?

You'll hear back or get an email within the next few days, a week at most.

Did they ask you your preference? Did they ask you your secondary preference or what you wouldn't accept?

I put it on my application, they told us to say our name and what job we were interviewing for. I didn't say anything I wouldn't accept and I think I have a pretty good shot at admissions, but I don't know tbh. Hopefully I get the job so I can save up for a car to buy when I'm 16, then apply for ride attendant and drive myself.

Maybe the galaxy theatre will soon hold a dark ride.

Probably not, I don't think a dark ride could fit in the Galaxy Theatre building unless it was a very short ride. If/when they get a dark ride, I think they should remove The Wave for it.

REMOVE the Wave? What kind of Monster are you?

The Wave isn't going anywhere until that thing is dead. It's too much of a crowd pleaser, esp. on a hot day. It usually has decent ridership, and operates reliably.

Could they possibly expand the ball factory? It's kinda small though, and holds a bunch of operations supplies (the height stick graveyard, water jugs, etc.)

They could possibly expand the ball factory or galaxy theatre because what other building is there? CF said every park has a building available for a potential dark ride.

Ok removing the wave is not an open space. Seriously though, do we have any open spaces?

I could see bumper cars being relocated into a new building and that space being used. There is actually a decent hunk of space back there, starting from the triangle patch of grass in front of the building all the way back to the Wave.

Yeah, but realistically Valleyfair will likely get a new roller coaster, a water park expansion, and a new thrill ride, so this would have to come in 2020ish at the earliest. It's a good ride but wouldn't be something Wonder Mountain Guardian style up at CW because of no landmark attraction mountain thing at Valleyfair. My guess would be that Valleyfair doesn't receive one. The LA times does a lot of articles on Cedar Fair and they always end up being false -- (The B&M Stand ups at Carowinds and CGA would become floorless -- no that's not happening) Matt Oumiet will probably release some more information on Wednesday at the Q4 conference call about Triotech rides, and dig deeper about the rides bought overseas.

Yeah, but realistically Valleyfair will likely get a new roller coaster, a water park expansion, and a new thrill ride, so this would have to come in 2020ish at the earliest. It's a good ride but wouldn't be something Wonder Mountain Guardian style up at CW because of no landmark attraction mountain thing at Valleyfair. My guess would be that Valleyfair doesn't receive one. The LA times does a lot of articles on Cedar Fair and they always end up being false -- (The B&M Stand ups at Carowinds and CGA would become floorless -- no that's not happening) Matt Oumiet will probably release some more information on Wednesday at the Q4 conference call about Triotech rides, and dig deeper about the rides bought overseas.

It's not so much the articles being false, it's that plans change. Did hear that the stand-up conversions were suppose to happen this year (at least at CA Great America) but the plans were put on hold because Rougarou ended up costing way more than they were expecting and the park decided against it. And of course there's always the potential that either of the two Vortex coasters could be moved somewhere else, then converted.

Yes, the dark rides are coming to all 11 Cedar Fair parks, but none were set up for 2016 as it didn't fit the budget. We'll probably see one or two every year starting in 2017, potentially KI and/or CP next. It was stated previously that the Amusement Dark portfolio are still in the works, they needed to get stories and ideas set first before they started on anything else. They're also going to be based on local folklore or themed to the certain area, so trying to plan a whole story does take time.

Here's the article to help explain more on what's going on: http://www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks/la-trb-cedar-fair-dark-rides-20150415-story.html

Yes, the dark rides are coming to all 11 Cedar Fair parks, but none were set up for 2016 as it didn't fit the budget. We'll probably see one or two every year starting in 2017, potentially KI and/or CP next. It was stated previously that the Amusement Dark portfolio are still in the works, they needed to get stories and ideas set first before they started on anything else. They're also going to be based on local folklore or themed to the certain area, so trying to plan a whole story does take time.

Here's the article to help explain more on what's going on: http://www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks/la-trb-cedar-fair-dark-rides-20150415-story.html

Pretty confident that WOF will be one of the parks getting a dark ride next year. I think CP will ride out Valravn next year with a small addition if anything. That's their usual SOP following a coaster.

Glad to say I have been offered a position for the 2016 season!

I will(of course) accept and I am excited for the many opportunities and experiences to come!

Awesome! Good luck! Try to make sure you get all of your paperwork and shtuff when you go in for processing, which is coming from the person who never has the right papers and apparently was one of the first rides leads to turn in paperwork (embarrassing, BUT THE SEASON CANT COME SOON ENOUGH).... Thankfully I think they moved a bunch of stuff online this year!

Glad to say I have been offered a position for the 2016 season!

I will(of course) accept and I am excited for the many opportunities and experiences to come!

Awesome! Good luck! Try to make sure you get all of your paperwork and shtuff when you go in for processing, which is coming from the person who never has the right papers and apparently was one of the first rides leads to turn in paperwork (embarrassing, BUT THE SEASON CANT COME SOON ENOUGH).... Thankfully I think they moved a bunch of stuff online this year!

Thanks! It's so much paperwork and is a bit confusing.

You know this new coaster business is getting boring we all know its gonna happen but I really don't like hearing about it anymore... It's like you're asking for a pony for Christmas!

Yo man, we haven't talked about that for several pages. Let's not start again. Please

I didn't know Valleyfair accepted people to work under 16? ^ I think Cedar Point doesn't.

This is a pretty old one, but Valleyfair does hire as young as 14. (Depends on birthdate as well.) They follow the labor laws set by the state of Minnesota. You may be able to work at 14 years old but will have restrictions (Some may be silly, but it's the law.).

I worked for the park for 5 total seasons and loved every year. Was in rides for two seasons as a ride operator at Steel Venom, then made a change to admissions. In admissions I started as an associate my first year then promoted to Team lead then again to supervisor my 2nd year. Last season was my last season for the park and was a supervisor of admissions (Guest Services / Call Center). Loved my job and have thought about going back, but I am looking for more advancement opportunities elsewhere currently.

Mikxy, you will have a great time in admissions. I know when I was there, I tried to have fun and make the job enjoyable. Even on the not so nice weather days at the park. If you ever have any questions or need some advice, I am available to help out and give my suggestions. Make sure to read the manuals for the positions that you are trained in. (I revised them and wrote quite a bit of it since it wasn't done in years.) They really are there to help you and give you the best way to get the job done. Also be sure to use your Team Leads. They have all worked the positions before and know what they are talking about. I am sure you will have a great summer and might just see you at the park. (I still am good friends with all the leadership in admissions and plan to stop in a few times this year.)

I didn't know Valleyfair accepted people to work under 16? ^ I think Cedar Point doesn't.

This is a pretty old one, but Valleyfair does hire as young as 14. (Depends on birthdate as well.) They follow the labor laws set by the state of Minnesota. You may be able to work at 14 years old but will have restrictions (Some may be silly, but it's the law.).

I worked for the park for 5 total seasons and loved every year. Was in rides for two seasons as a ride operator at Steel Venom, then made a change to admissions. In admissions I started as an associate my first year then promoted to Team lead then again to supervisor my 2nd year. Last season was my last season for the park and was a supervisor of admissions (Guest Services / Call Center). Loved my job and have thought about going back, but I am looking for more advancement opportunities elsewhere currently.

Mikxy, you will have a great time in admissions. I know when I was there, I tried to have fun and make the job enjoyable. Even on the not so nice weather days at the park. If you ever have any questions or need some advice, I am available to help out and give my suggestions. Make sure to read the manuals for the positions that you are trained in. (I revised them and wrote quite a bit of it since it wasn't done in years.) They really are there to help you and give you the best way to get the job done. Also be sure to use your Team Leads. They have all worked the positions before and know what they are talking about. I am sure you will have a great summer and might just see you at the park. (I still am good friends with all the leadership in admissions and plan to stop in a few times this year.)

Thanks so much!