TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

They are looking for more rides on a trip to Asia later this month. Read the whole article.

I did read the whole article - which is why I posted it in the WOF thread. Your post sounded like you thought one of the 7 rides might come to MIA or VF and I stated they had been spoken for. Nowhere did you say anything about hoping one of the rides from their next trek might come to your park and I don't see how we were supposed to gather that conclusion from what you wrote

True, MIA and Valleyfair both could use some flats but for sure need a new coaster soon.

I agree but we got some in 2014 and 2016 I am not sure if they are going to add more in the next couple years after that, but it probably doesn't matter. I agree that in the next few years VF should focus on some larger projects than flats, whether that be a coaster or the proposed water park entrance and removal of Excalibur plan. Even a thrill ride which could count as a flat I guess.

Any idea what this means? I don't see them removing the theater as its too new and a nice place. My guess is that they are still working on an act for their 40th season. Maybe they will surprise us with some major act of some sort. I've never been in there when it was full. I'd be nice to see maybe a series of major performers coming through out the season. What are your thoughts on this?

Any idea what this means? I don't see them removing the theater as its too new and a nice place. My guess is that they are still working on an act for their 40th season. Maybe they will surprise us with some major act of some sort. I've never been in there when it was full. I'd be nice to see maybe a series of major performers coming through out the season. What are your thoughts on this?

Considering it's use as a storm shelter, training hub, event place, and stuffs, I would say it's not going anywhere.

Note that nothing about a Valleyfair Live concert series has been mentioned. Maybe the Galaxy Theater could be used for that. Maybe something that other parks have done in the chain like ice skating, light show, etc. In all honesty, I have no clue and they could just be making a singing dancing show like they used to have

Yea I was joking about that one.

I think that Valleufair knows that their singing shows are pretty shitty and people either don't watch them or give a negative review when it comes to GuestSatisfaction. Maybe light show? Other than that, maybe just where Valleyfair Live happens this year. Also, I could see a throwback show that they used to have... didn't they have a dolphin/sea life show?

(Wow, I haven't been on here in FOREVER!) As someone who avidly watches Live Entertainment at Valleyfair, I am quite sad to see the Galaxy not being used. With that being said, this year's lineup seems to be more focused on walkway shows, and maybe I'm the only one, but I am really excited to see this years shows.

Maybe the galaxy theatre will soon hold a dark ride.

Probably not, I don't think a dark ride could fit in the Galaxy Theatre building unless it was a very short ride. If/when they get a dark ride, I think they should remove The Wave for it.

Probably not, I don't think a dark ride could fit in the Galaxy Theatre building unless it was a very short ride. If/when they get a dark ride, I think they should remove The Wave for it.

REMOVE the Wave? What kind of Monster are you?

REMOVE the Wave? What kind of Monster are you?

The Wave isn't going anywhere until that thing is dead. It's too much of a crowd pleaser, esp. on a hot day. It usually has decent ridership, and operates reliably.

Could they possibly expand the ball factory? It's kinda small though, and holds a bunch of operations supplies (the height stick graveyard, water jugs, etc.)

I'll be going to an interview at Valleyfair soon! Very excited except I look alot younger than I sound, so I am a bit nervous that someone might make a rude comment. If I do get the job, then that would be my biggest fear as well, being embarrassed and insulted in front of a bunch of people.

I mean I'm already young to work there but it doesn't help that I'm 5,1 and I look like an eleven year old.

I'll be going to an interview at Valleyfair soon! Very excited except I look alot younger than I sound, so I am a bit nervous that someone might make a rude comment. If I do get the job, then that would be my biggest fear as well, being embarrassed and insulted in front of a bunch of people.

I mean I'm already young to work there but it doesn't help that I'm 5,1 and I look like an eleven year old.

If you are admissions you should be fine. Otherwise, maybe not.

Hope it goes okay for you.

If you are admissions you should be fine. Otherwise, maybe not.

No. Nobody will make fun of you if you look younger. Nobody cares. I'm a rides person, and people always ask me how old I am, and are usually surprised how young I am. They are cool with it, and don't make rude jokes or insult me. if anything, they respect that you have such a responsible position at your age.

I'll be honest with you and in any work environment people usually tease and joke around with each other. Even as adults. It's what happens when you're with the same people everyday all summer long. You become more like family then coworkers. I wouldn't take anything personally as long as it seems in jest and good natured. Don't be afraid to make jokes back. These people you'll work with will become life long friends. I'm 32 and I started at Geauga Lake when I was 16, I still talk to old park coworkers everyday. I hang out with them more then old high school and college friends. We still have a Christmas party every year and the park has been closed for almost a decade now. And if anyone bullies or teases you to the point you're uncomfortable that is was your lead, supervisor, manager and finally HR is for. But again, from my experience when you're with the same people all day everyday, even more then your family during the summer, it all is in fun and usually not intended to hurt your feelings.

Well I interviewed today and I think it went great! I've never been so close with Renegade before, and that axis road was pretty cool. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear back if you got the job or not?