TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Why couldn't it have been Humane Habitat? The night I worked there, we barely got anyone through. Those that I talked to said that the maze absolutely sucked from the scare potential to the storyline.

I actually thought the storyline/idea was pretty unique and it was kind of creepy (in an odd way), but it didn't have the scare potential most people expect in Haunt, so I wish it would've been more in your face.

I've heard from someone that High Roller was affected by the fire? But I'm not sure how legit that it.

Laste year there were these Valleyfair ads that said "Go whenever YOU WANT" with a red and yellow B&M invert, and the YOU WANT was in huge bold letters under the B&M invert, as if to tease us...

I took screenshots.

1764847273_ScreenShot2015-04-21at11_47_56AM.png.44a9ea694c10dc25825cec4f045f3606.png1463595901_ScreenShot2015-04-21at11_50_39AM.png.8e57b8fa0e862ba81ce8be93a0584746.png That element looks amazing 189173484_ScreenShot2015-04-21at11_59_54AM.png.70b407739e1a577e12610da4428a6369.png

I edited this post to be less rant-y. But I still think it's weird how they made a B&M invert on there with a HUGE 'you want' by it.

Edited by Jedi_man

Are you guys serious about this? They "lied?" Holy crap guys it's marketing. 99.9% of their site browsers have absolutely no idea what "inverted coaster" means. If you are angry with Valleyfair for putting a stock image on their website to market a season pass to the general public then you need to find something else to do with your time. Period.

Are you guys serious about this? They "lied?" Holy crap guys it's marketing. 99.9% of their site browsers have absolutely no idea what "inverted coaster" means. If you are angry with Valleyfair for putting a stock image on their website to market a season pass to the general public then you need to find something else to do with your time. Period.

Exactly.

This is just standard marketing. I'm not sure why anyone is getting bothered by this. Why would Cedar Fair waste their time and money to create new ads for every park when 99.999% of the park's market wouldn't know that ride isn't actually at Valleyfair?

If they intended to tease us though, then that's beyond rude of them, and immensely immature.

I still think they shouldn't do this kind of stuff.

They were not trying to tease you.

You know what? The Darien Lake thread isn't such a bad place anymore. I think this thread is beginning to surpass it.

Next on Cedar Fair's evil teasing list is Michigan's Adventure. Instead of an invert, they'll use a Fury-esque giga with the words "I wish I got a season pass for Christmas" next to it. Emphasis on the words "I wish".

I really don't think that Cedar Fair would want to waste the time or money on personally customizing ads to each individual park. The GP really doesn't care, and doesn't notice the difference anyways.

Anybody know if the new bike show will be playing as frequently as Ed Alonzo? Is their any crowd interaction? Also, I've heard that the flyers will be having 2 operators for the first year. I think they could do it with one.

No, 2 operators is best. 1 for getting people in the ride area and one to check restraints.

Scrambler with one operator is painfully slow, and I would imagine this would be the same.

Anybody know if the new bike show will be playing as frequently as Ed Alonzo? Is their any crowd interaction? Also, I've heard that the flyers will be having 2 operators for the first year. I think they could do it with one.

No, 2 operators is best. 1 for getting people in the ride area and one to check restraints.

Scrambler with one operator is painfully slow, and I would imagine this would be the same.

Two operators is best for most typical single op rides. I'm thinking supercat, scrambler, bumper cars, and other more popular rides. The effect may be small, but it's ten times less stressful. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets down to 1 op.

People on this thread tend to be very picky when it comes to post. Put that kind of thing on the SFGM thread.

Not just this thread, since this has nothing to do with VF. Unless we're still discussing the whole thing about weird advertising.

You know what? The Darien Lake thread isn't such a bad place anymore. I think this thread is beginning to surpass it.

Seriously??? Why are you even spending your time ranting about that? I'm trying to read the VF thread not this nonsense.

I'll catch you up...

- Foamers convinced a new coaster is coming

- No coaster is announced

- Talk about noise from MCBR / new amph.

- More speculation on a coaster, bc why not

- More fighting about stupid stuff

- Poster needs to feel important drops park GM's name

- Posters telling other posters how they should post

- More foaming about a coaster

- Dirt got moved

- More foaming about a coaster

- Fighting over non existent coming coaster's color

- Excessive eye rolling from most readers of TPR