TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I'm not going to argue a long debate between the chains, but when people walk out of the average CF park, the experience is better.

That might be true, but it also has nothing to do with what you argued in your last post. Experience is an entirely different subject than which chain has the best of each coaster type. If you want to argue about experience, don't talk about which chain has better giga coasters. It's pointless and irrelevant.

I'll watch optimistically from afar... like from Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.

Good one! You mean from a park that actually builds attractions instead of just talking about 'growth' in quarterly reports for years?

VF attendance increases after they add some thrilling water slides. Kind of funny how that works out.

Did anyone else notice that they removes their 2016 announcement from their Facebook page? Maybe theyre trying to avoid/hide their shameful announcement and it's feedback.

Can we just put aside the whole "another year without a coaster" thing for a moment and appreciate the fact that we are even getting a ride?

They didn't really announce it, but look at all the renovation work going on that is going to give the park a good feel next year.

^ I think they could have done a little more for their 40th anniversary, even if it wasn't a coaster or large thrill ride.

It's still there.

I must have missed it. I'll check again, thanks

Just checked and I can't find it! Can you confirm it's there? Maybe I'm experiencing a bug or something. I am checking on an IPad so maybe that's the problem.

I also think it's cool to notice how many (or how little Six Flags has) of"best of" coasters.

Example:

Best Giga: Fury 325

Best Invert: Banshee

Best Launch: Top Thrill Dragster

Best Wing: Either Thunderbird (Non CF) or Gatekeeper

Best GCI: GoldStriker, Renegade

Best Dive: ValRavn

Although CF doesn't even carry RMC, S&S Coasters, Flying (big ones), or else, Six Flags doesn't always have world-shocking coasters.

I´d disagree with that entire list there.

Best Giga: Fury 325

Best Invert: Montu

Best Launch: Full Throttle

Best Wing: Thunderbird, by far.

Best GCI: Thunderhead

Best Dive: Griffon

Sure, you may disagree, but that's the whole point. There is no ¨best coaster¨. It is all subjective and depends on the person you are talking to. And you failed to mention best hybrid, in which SF has dominated the whole top 5. Cedar Fair takes it safe, leading to really none of their coasters being extraordinary (excluding their lovely Intamins such as Maverick and I305).

Both Valleyfair and California's Great America were also again mentioned as the focus parks for large growth [in regards to attendance].

Found this little tidbit while scrolling on the Rollercoasters subReddit. It's from summary of CedarFair's 3rd Quarter report apparently. Basically, we can expect to see some nice things coming in the next few years? I'm not ruling a rollercoaster out at this point, but I'd hedge bets that VF will be focusing on infrastructure and related projects in the next few years before moving onto larger projects such as a coaster.

Believe me, as a Ride Op there's nothing that I want more than a shiny new major ride to work at, but y'all need to chill your butts if you're still on the "not going ever again because no coaster" train. VF is showing it's age in comparison to CP and they're trying to be smart about making any renovations/expansions be the best for the future. A new coaster coming around with the park in it's current state would be all sorts of problems.

Both Valleyfair and California's Great America were also again mentioned as the focus parks for large growth [in regards to attendance].

Believe me, as a Ride Op there's nothing that I want more than a shiny new major ride to work at, but y'all need to chill your butts if you're still on the "not going ever again because no coaster" train. VF is showing it's age in comparison to CP and they're trying to be smart about making any renovations/expansions be the best for the future. A new coaster coming around with the park in it's current state would be all sorts of problems.

Fellow op, bless this.

I also rode Renegade with Renegade Mike on the last day of the season. My ride count for Renegade this season was 980. I was wondering did anyone find that Renegade was running extremely rough? I thought it was real smooth during the regular season then when I went on the last day I thought it was running rough? Maybe the cool weather had something to do with Renegade running rough. And is there going to be any refurbishing done during the off season with the Enterprise? New paint and LED lights possibly?

I thought Renegade was running pretty smooth minus the last turn, last weekend.

I thought that Enterprise received LED's last year, but I am not entirely sure. All I know is that I heard a couple people say that Enterprise looked really good at night, this year.

I know one of the cars has LED lights, just cause it's super annoying compared to the yellow of the rest.

Car 1's unit lights were upgraded by maintenance before the start of the '14 season (or the very beginning). There's also some new blue bulbs on the wreath if you ever feel like looking for them. I'd personally love to see the arm get repainted a nice white/off-white shade because I think it looks snazzy with the color scheme it's got going atm

Believe me, as a Ride Op there's nothing that I want more than a shiny new major ride to work at, but y'all need to chill your butts if you're still on the "not going ever again because no coaster" train.

CF fanboy and apologists are the ones who need to chill. If someone does not want to visit a park anymore because the park has failed to add any new thrilling rides in the last decade to their attraction mix then that is their call. They don't need to 'chill' or do anything. All they need to do is visit a park that is offering what they want. VF is a business and not a charity. If the park wants that customer back then they can build a new coaster or big thrill ride at least once a decade. If not, the park can go another direction and offer a mix of rides or attractions that will attract even more than they think a new coaster or big thrill ride would.

A new coaster coming around with the park in it's current state would be all sorts of problems.

Really? Can you list a couple of these problems? I am curious to see what they are.

Believe me, as a Ride Op there's nothing that I want more than a shiny new major ride to work at, but y'all need to chill your butts if you're still on the "not going ever again because no coaster" train.

CF fanboy and apologists are the ones who need to chill. If someone does not want to visit a park anymore because the park has failed to add any new thrilling rides in the last decade to their attraction mix then that is their call. They don't need to 'chill' or do anything. All they need to do is visit a park that is offering what they want. VF is a business and not a charity. If the park wants that customer back then they can build a new coaster or big thrill ride at least once a decade. If not, the park can go another direction and offer a mix of rides or attractions that will attract even more than they think a new coaster or big thrill ride would.

A new coaster coming around with the park in it's current state would be all sorts of problems.

Really? Can you list a couple of these problems? I am curious to see what they are.

You know, it's nothing personal about not planning to visit VF anytime soon. For instance I'm not renewing my SF pass next year. Nothing against the chain but my local park is only adding a super loop and that does not create a need for me to have to go next year. I plan on visiting other parks instead and you know what, that's just fine. I'm renewing my WOF pass because I'll use it at Cedar Point (and I really enjoy Haunt).

Fire damages storage building at Valleyfair

Fire damaged a storage building at Valleyfair in Shakopee late Saturday afternoon.

Shakopee firefighters were called about 4:09 p.m. to the fire in a fabric-covered storage shed, about 60-by-100 feet in size, according to Fire Marshal Tom Pitschneider. He said about 25 percent of the structure was damaged and the fabric roof will have to be replaced. No injuries were reported.

Firefighters were assisted by fire crews from Savage and Prior Lake and Mdewakanton Fire. They were on the scene for just over two hours, Pitschneider said.

The cause of the fire wasn’t immediately known.

http://m.swnewsmedia.com/shakopee_valley_news/news/public_safety/fire-damages-storage-building-at-valleyfair/article_15966596-9c2e-50d9-9367-a09364f14e44.html?mode=jqm

Edit: Dave Frazier confirmed that it was the London Terror building that caught fire.

Edited by VF15