TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

The money will be going towards all the changes in the back. As soon as it gets through the red tape the money will be sent on that.

Very true but is that all? Plus, when its done look at all the possibilities! I still think its fishy that there was a delay for the 2016 expansion. I mean really they had to take extra time to consider that? They must have been waiting on something! I dont think it had anything to do with the permit either. Thats public knowledge and someone would have discovered something. Maybe they were debating on adding something else but decided to wait for some reason. Thats just me purely speculating for anyone who was wondering.

I don't think the announcement was decided as quickly as people think. I believe this year's addition was meant to be a quiet one in preparation for larger ones coming. The back gate and another sizeable water park expansion will certainly be coming for 2017. It's a perfect addition to kick off a large capital investment in the property. 2018 a major coaster and capping it off with a dark ride and perhaps another water park addition in 2019 and 2020. Just my opinion.

IOE shared a new pic today of them testing out the new Mad Mouse control system. Compared to the old ArrowVision box that used to be there, this is way nicer! Hopefully this will drastically improve the capacity for these Arrow Mad Mouse coasters, as the capacity always seem to be way lower than what it's suppose to be due to the fact that they're never able to fully operate all 10 mice without running into stacking or block setup issues.

And for those wondering, this would be why Mad Mouse is closed for the season. Very good excuse, in my opinion.

12036690_1040204572670231_3822600873627253041_n.jpg?oh=2854a4b1da6747eb6d07c3086afc63c2&oe=56AA46C0

IOE shared a new pic today of them testing out the new Mad Mouse control system. Compared to the old ArrowVision box that used to be there, this is way nicer! Hopefully this will drastically improve the capacity for these Arrow Mad Mouse coasters, as the capacity always seem to be way lower than what it's suppose to be due to the fact that they're never able to fully operate all 10 mice without running into stacking or block setup issues.

And for those wondering, this would be why Mad Mouse is closed for the season. Very good excuse, in my opinion.

12036690_1040204572670231_3822600873627253041_n.jpg?oh=2854a4b1da6747eb6d07c3086afc63c2&oe=56AA46C0

Is there a reason why they couldn't wait until the offseason to make the conversion? It seems odd that they would close Mad Mouse during the season since it's one of the most popular rides in the park among families.

Is there a reason why they couldn't wait until the offseason to make the conversion? It seems odd that they would close Mad Mouse during the season since it's one of the most popular rides in the park among families.

Depends on the budget. If this was suppose to happen before the season started and was budget for this year, they have to do it now so then that money doesn't get lost at the end of the year.

Not 100% sure what are the laws are concerning this in Minnesota, but it more than likely will have to be re-certified by the state, and I know for sure it has to do 100 cycles per Cedar Fair's commissioning cycle rule due to the upgraded control system. That means every time all of the mice go around once, that counts as a cycle, so 100 could take quite some time that maybe Valleyfair can't budget right now.

Very tricky logistics right now, but who knows, could open back up in a few weeks if IOE hands it over to the park and it's all ready to go. I'd imagine a full weekend could get the cycles done on it.

Mad Mouse also can't operate in cold temperatures, I know last year there was several haunt weekends it was not open so that also could be why they decided to do it now.

Also it would only be able to operate during the day, the Chateau exit is way too close to operate that thing safely with drunk people right on the other side of it.

As a past Mad Mouse operator, I must say I'm extremely jealous of that new board! Hopefully this plus some reprogramming fixes a lot of the little annoying bugs the old system had (like not being able to dispatch to the lift until the previous car had cleared the first full hairpin turn). I'm curious as to what the new operating procedures are though, since this new board looks like it actually may be more complicated than the old one (there were literally two buttons to push on the old system, one to advance the cars forward to the pre-lift/into the station, and one to dispatch to the lift). It may even be single dispatch now (no enable button to push on the exit side), seeing as there's now two dispatch buttons.

Also, hi. Finally got an account after lurking for quite a while.

As a past Mad Mouse operator, I must say I'm extremely jealous of that new board! Hopefully this plus some reprogramming fixes a lot of the little annoying bugs the old system had (like not being able to dispatch to the lift until the previous car had cleared the first full hairpin turn). I'm curious as to what the new operating procedures are though, since this new board looks like it actually may be more complicated than the old one (there were literally two buttons to push on the old system, one to advance the cars forward to the pre-lift/into the station, and one to dispatch to the lift). It may even be single dispatch now (no enable button to push on the exit side), seeing as there's now two dispatch buttons.

Also, hi. Finally got an account after lurking for quite a while.

It's the now-standard double-dispatch enable buttons, so both of them must be pressed to advance the mice forward. I did hear that under this new system, the mice will automatically advance to the lift, so that will no longer be required via the operator. The board may look complicated, but in actuality, it's way simpler than it even was before. This should theoretically allow the mice to be dispatched faster, so should allow it to operate near its full capacity. I know that these were designed to run all 10 mice, but I know that at most could only run 8 of them at a time so then the ride wouldn't block-setup itself if the mice were not advancing fast enough. Oh, and there will also be a true control lock-out this time as well since the ArrowVision system never had one. Most parks I know that have them just lock out the control booth if they need to get underneath the ride since there's no way to lock out the control system.

And yes, as a former Mad Mouse operator myself, I'm really hoping that the others will be upgraded as well as the old ArrowVision system is extremely buggy and obviously very hard to troubleshoot now since there's no Arrow tech support help line anymore. IOE will do an excellent job bringing these coasters back to their prime. I do consider them one of Arrow's last great coasters they've made as they're really fun little family-friendly rides.

I heard that Mad Mouse may be running again next weekend. I heard that some people are coming in on Thursday to get re-cleared. But at the same time, I thought I remembered hearing that that system was supposed to be ready by the beginning of this season.

On Haunt related terms, I think that the "No-boo" lanyards are insulting to haunt workers. Better news, there is a high possibility that I'll be joining haunt crew this coming weekend.

On Haunt related terms, I think that the "No-boo" lanyards are insulting to haunt workers. Better news, there is a high possibility that I'll be joining haunt crew this coming weekend.

They really are a horrible idea. They have them at my home park (Worlds of Fun) and it really throws me off my game when there is a group of "No-Boo" necklaces. Sure, I can understand if there was maybe one for every ten groups, but if your whole group needs one, then don't come during HAUNT.

I bought one when I was there on Saturday night.

Are people using them in the mazes (I didn't happen to see any people waiting in the lines with them), or just walking around the park? Are they even be allowed in the mazes? The designated mazes and maybe even the outdoor scarezones I can see how they'd be annoying to workers and other guests, especially if you're near a group that wants the "interaction", but It was nice to be able to walk from Wild Thing to Renegade without constantly looking over my shoulder.

I'm sorry everyone but I'm almost done with VALLEYFAIR, ValleySCARE really did it for me with how disappointing it was... :,-(

Good! Don't go to the park anymore! Especially this Saturday because I want faster lines and less teenagers! Seriously, don't do it...

Looks like the weather will be perfect this weekend!! Hopefully it's not too busy. At least not during the day so I can get my year's worth of coaster riding in.. Can't wait!! Haven't been to Valleyscare since 2010..