TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Wow..

I'm willing to bet the parking lot is going to be some sort of black tar/concrete mix color with yellow lines. The yellow lines will be a technological break thru for amusement park guests, as they will help visitors park their vehicles in a way that will efficiently utilize the entire parking lot space. This will allow the parking lot to have a higher total vehicle capacity and create organized lanes for vehicles to maneuver safely up and down and all around to Grandmother's house we go. Dave, yes our beloved GM, personally sent all of us that picture in our direct messages. You didn't get it? Dave's message also stated they are moving Excalibur to Cedar Point in exchange for Millennium Force, which will be relocated to the existing parking lot once the new one is complete.

(Warning: The following post you just completed reading may contain sarcasm and other smart A$$ tones, much like grsupercity's original teaser photo.)

It's going to be a long winter in this thread if we don't get something halfway decent announced for next year..

Wow..

I'm willing to bet the parking lot is going to be some sort of black tar/concrete mix color with yellow lines. The yellow lines will be a technological break thru for amusement park guests, as they will help visitors park their vehicles in a way that will efficiently utilize the entire parking lot space. This will allow the parking lot to have a higher total vehicle capacity and create organized lanes for vehicles to maneuver safely up and down and all around to Grandmother's house we go. Dave, yes our beloved GM, personally sent all of us that picture in our direct messages. You didn't get it? Dave's message also stated they are moving Excalibur to Cedar Point in exchange for Millennium Force, which will be relocated to the existing parking lot once the new one is complete.

(Warning: The following post you just completed reading may contain sarcasm and other smart A$$ tones, much like grsupercity's original teaser photo.)

It's going to be a long winter in this thread if we don't get something halfway decent announced for next year..

Its usually a long off season regardless of a big announcement or not lol

Hard to believe they're getting rid of Excalibur, what a bummer! It's my favorite ride in the park; wild and unique! I've heard people complain that it's rough, but to me - it's doing what a coaster should do! I never found it painful. But if the ridership isn't there, I understand. Still sucks, it's a real loss. We're running out of unique coasters, unfortunately. Sorry I can't get up there before it's gone.

Hard to believe they're getting rid of Excalibur, what a bummer! It's my favorite ride in the park; wild and unique! I've heard people complain that it's rough, but to me - it's doing what a coaster should do! I never found it painful. But if the ridership isn't there, I understand. Still sucks, it's a real loss. We're running out of unique coasters, unfortunately. Sorry I can't get up there before it's gone.

I cant tell if your being serious or not...

Who said it's leaving?

Just came back home from Valleyfair today. Something's I notice when I was riding Renegade. The ride operator was just about to say "clear" scan and was just about to dispatch the train it started to move then a guy in the front row decided to take out his camera. The ride operator saw it and stopped the train and told him to put the phone away. Once the train left the station the ride operator made annoucement saying if your're going to take out a camera or phone to record you wont be back on this ride again. There are some people who don't follow park rules. Later on when I got back in line again front row on Renegade a guy was actually smoking a cigerate on the train waiting for it to dispatch with his kid next to him while on the train I knocked on the ride operator booth and the ride operator went out the door told him to put it out. Again "no smoking in the station or the que lines" There are some people who don't follow rules. And regarding smoking policy at Valleyfair. Is Valleyfair a smoke free enviorment and they only have one place to smoke for smokers? I belive it's down over by the General Store in the small corner by the gate? Just wondering.

As for the off season for me if Valleyfair doesn't get anything new I'm not going to be worried about it. I've already bought my Water Park of America and Nickelodeon season pass for the off season when Valleyfair is closed. The annual pass for Nickelodeon Universe is $139.00. So on the last day of the season on Sunday when Valleyfair closes. Monday my off day I'm going straight over to Nickelodeon Universe so the off season wont be boring for me at least get ready for 2016. We're with in two more years for a new roller coaster were just going to have to play the waiting game.

Would anyone be happy if all we got was a Larson Flyers for 2016?

And regarding smoking policy at Valleyfair. Is Valleyfair a smoke free enviorment and they only have one place to smoke for smokers? I belive it's down over by the General Store in the small corner by the gate? Just wondering.

There are 5 designated smoking areas at VF: near Breakers Bay, across from Looping Starship/next to Chickies & Pete's, across from Extreme Swing, up by Ripcord, and next to Monster/High Roller's turnaround. The smoking policy includes E-cigs.

Like I've said before I would love a Larson flyer but it would need to bring in a themed area! I don't think we're getting anything this year :-/. I've noticed riptide has new cycle and I love/hate it, it's a little bit shorter and there's one flip I miss. I'm getting very excited for valleySCARE! I can't wait to see the wild Wild West theme maze, my guess is that it's in the back with the renagade theming...is that why there's a new haunt building being built back there? We've never got a confirmation saying its Chatue du damne? Yay the future holds a ton! I've heard that hellside farm is moving to the back, I'll LOVE this, it's all forest-e back there so it will be so AWESOME if it comes true . I hope we get a breakers BLOODline theming maze! Like a tropical theme maze with breakers bay dyed red! OMG I could go off all day with cool maze ideas! Plus I think we're getting a maze in soak city this year, the only reason London terror moved is because of H2OMG construction so is that what's happening with Chatue du damne?

I would be fine if Larson Flyers were the park's only new attraction next year, however since they don't cost very much (I believe they are around $200,000), I hope they spend the rest of their budget for next year on making some more general improvements. This might just be me, but I feel that Valleyfair as a whole is still a little outdated compared to some other parks.

We're with in two more years for a new roller coaster were just going to have to play the waiting game.

Where did you hear this?

I'm just speculating because I feel it's going to happen in a couple of years. Renegade 2007. I'm going back in the evening for a while more laps on Renegade at night time.

Edited by ACES

I would be fine if Larson Flyers were the park's only new attraction next year, however since they don't cost very much (I believe they are around $200,000), I hope they spend the rest of their budget for next year on making some more general improvements. This might just be me, but I feel that Valleyfair as a whole is still a little outdated compared to some other parks.

I agree that VF is a little outdated compared to most other CF parks. I also agree if they get something like the Larson Flyers (cheap compared to other additions and would fit in perfect at VF) that they spend the rest of the budget on general improvements for the rest of the park. Even though adding a new big attraction is the best way to update a park because so many 'general improvements' come along with it (think Route 76 or how the new water slides have transformed that whole walk way from the new slides to around the corner at Mad Mouse for the better) VF does not have the luxury of being a bigger park and doing that often enough so the 'general improvement' years need to have an impact to make up for that for sure.

I wonder how much that would be? Who wouldn't want to see a fresh coat of paint on High Roller among other things? To me it is interesting what they are spending on the new Haunt building. $100,000 for the shell, $20,000 for the facade and now I see today another permit for $432,592 on the interior of the building.

794316261_BuildingPermitforHaunt.JPG.4195b0c779c2f6325c0f6519437ef22f.JPG

Shakopee City inside building permit for Valleyfair's new Haunt building.

I would be happy with a Larson Flyers for 2016.

In line right now apparently Steel Venom is down in a delay right now gate problems.

image.thumb.jpg.6c6146b00f9ae1da0c952340ea0c557e.jpg

Steel Venom in a ride delay down right now

Edited by ACES

Another photo. Ride down still in line. I was sitting on the train for five minutes keep saying check restraints some sort of problem then the ride operator said Steel Venom is haveing technical difficulties let everyone off. Ride just open back up.

image.thumb.jpg.828795ded72782e7aec5fe60b10dc669.jpg

Ride down.

I agree that VF is a little outdated compared to most other CF parks. I also agree if they get something like the Larson Flyers (cheap compared to other additions and would fit in perfect at VF) that they spend the rest of the budget on general improvements for the rest of the park. Even though adding a new big attraction is the best way to update a park because so many 'general improvements' come along with it (think Route 76 or how the new water slides have transformed that whole walk way from the new slides to around the corner at Mad Mouse for the better) VF does not have the luxury of being a bigger park and doing that often enough so the 'general improvement' years need to have an impact to make up for that for sure.

I wonder how much that would be? Who wouldn't want to see a fresh coat of paint on High Roller among other things? To me it is interesting what they are spending on the new Haunt building. $100,000 for the shell, $20,000 for the facade and now I see today another permit for $432,592 on the interior of the building.

I'm quite impressed with how much they are investing in the new Haunt maze considering that it is only going to be used 14 nights a year.

I also agree that High Roller needs to get a fresh coat of paint soon. In addition to that, these are a few other improvements I wish they would make:

-More charging stations throughout the park. Caribou Coffee is currently the only place at VF where I can charge my phone.

-Another indoor sit-down restaurant. Coasters and Chickies & Petes are the only ones the park has and they could use another one.

-New entrance plaza. Even though I like the charm that the current entrance has, it's a bit too small for a modern amusement park. Would be nice if they could get an entrance plaza like the one at Cedar Point or Kings Island.

-Updated restrooms. Some of them seem like they haven't been upgraded in years.

-New coat of paint on Steel Venom. It is starting to look a little bleached.

Shows how steeped in sarcasm our society is... I was being serious. I love that ride.

I'm quite impressed with how much they are investing in the new Haunt maze considering that it is only going to be used 14 nights a year.

I also agree that High Roller needs to get a fresh coat of paint soon. In addition to that, these are a few other improvements I wish they would make:

-More charging stations throughout the park. Caribou Coffee is currently the only place at VF where I can charge my phone.

-Another indoor sit-down restaurant. Coasters and Chickies & Petes are the only ones the park has and they could use another one.

-New entrance plaza. Even though I like the charm that the current entrance has, it's a bit too small for a modern amusement park. Would be nice if they could get an entrance plaza like the one at Cedar Point or Kings Island.

-Updated restrooms. Some of them seem like they haven't been upgraded in years.

-New coat of paint on Steel Venom. It is starting to look a little bleached.

You can also charge your phone at Chicken Shack, but the outlets are placed in really odd spots.

During the off season. It it is going to be another "general improvement" year. How about tearing down the current restrooms for update and newer one's? Maybe making the men's side more bigger to accommodate more people on busy day's. I'll be at the park till Thursday before I go back to work. One thing I've notice this season on a Monday and Tuesday. Talking with some of the Renegade ride operators. Our attendance has been up this year compared to last year. I've also notice that the main lot has been 2/3 full on Mondays and Tuesdays. Mondays are normally slow. Renegade has been running two trains ever since they have put the new chain lift on. Lines during the week have been half way in the tunnel at times. I've notice but I think our attendance has been up this season possibly from the water park expansion or the flooding from last year.

Shows how steeped in sarcasm our society is... I was being serious. I love that ride.

I was talking about how you said I cant believe there getting rid of Excalibur. That has in no way been confirmed. Hasn't even really been hinted at by the park

^^^ Filing for a permit to build a parking lot over Excalibur is a pretty strong hint.

I don't have any problem with the entrance either, but I'm wondering about a place that walk through metal detectors could be installed when needed, a more direct connection to Steel Venom and Route 76, and more space for Caribou. I mentioned to Frazier about a second Caribou somewhere towards the back of the park near Renegade or Wild Thing.