TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

^

Valleyfair has not announced that Excalibur will be removed. I'm sure they're just going along with the rumor. Excalibur might not end up getting removed this year anyway since we don't know when/if the plans will get approved.

My opinion I think this is a wild rumor right now with Excalibur being removed sounds right with the removal of the second train and the computer braking systems not agreeing about running two trains I think the days of Excalibur are counting down to retirement I think they have a plan in place for the Soak City water park expansion and Excalibur is in the way. I think there going to run the new service road along the train tracks by hwy 101 along the edge of the park to the employee parking area and is the new proposed employee lot going to happen? Also I think there going to have to raise the service road up or put flood walls around it for flooding. The back of the area which they want to remove Excalibur for the Soak City water park and scream scape said it was going to be a very large water park expansion to. This seems like a really big project if they got there permitts approved or not? I'd like to see some annoucement on this. And does anyone know what's going on with the train are they getting a new one?

If you look through Valleyfair's timeline there's a pretty consistent pattern of something being added every year. When I say "something" that can vary from a roller coaster to a food location. So that's why many of the people in this forum believe Valleyfair will be receiving something. It isn't a given, but because of past history many people have that presupposition.

A new parking lot could also be "something". As is the brick pavers we've gotten some years.

Last night, I found out a couple things about Haunt:

-Hi-Test Arcade, the former home for Chateau will become a vampire-themed bar

-Wekilou is getting completely restructured

-Saddle up, Partners; The wild west is a-comin'

There's more stuff about haunt that I can't remember.

P.S. The ISS has been visible over the park the past couple nights. I saw it when I was going out to work firework security. Pretty geeky moment.

Last night, I found out a couple things about Haunt:

-Hi-Test Arcade, the former home for Chateau will become a vampire-themed bar

-Wekilou is getting completely restructured

-Saddle up, Partners; The wild west is a-comin'

There's more stuff about haunt that I can't remember.

P.S. The ISS has been visible over the park the past couple nights. I saw it when I was going out to work firework security. Pretty geeky moment.

Wild West? Hmm.. Interesting.. Wonder what that will be. New Haunt? I can't wait for the Haunt announcements!

Would any of you miss the arcade if they were to be removed? How many of you actually play the arcade games when your at Valleyfair? The only thing I like when it is a hot and humid day standing in the arcade the AC feels really good to cool off in there. You can use the arcade area to make room for a small coaster but I think the supports would have to go over the train tunnel because that would be in the way along with a few big trees for a new small coaster to fit in there then you can use the land were the old tilt a whirl use to sit for a small coaster like: Sky Rocket: Kennywood, Spinning Dragons: Worlds of Fun, Fairly Odd Coaster: Nickelodeon Universe that area is big enough for those types of coasters.

So I got down in the slash area and just laid there in a lot of pain and I just got up and tried to walk and go sit down.

I realize you took some grief form others about some of your posts but I did laugh at this typo.

I could understand how going through a slash area on a water slide would cause pain.

I just hope dinoslaughter doesn't come back

I agree, or if it does come back, I hope it steps it up big time from last year- it was (in my opinion) basically a joke. Isn't this the 10th year of Haunt at VF? That's what I've heard, so if it is, I hope they make it great.

...for a small coaster like: Sky Rocket: Kennywood, Spinning Dragons: Worlds of Fun, Fairly Odd Coaster: Nickelodeon Universe that area is big enough for those types of coasters.

It's funny because Fairly Odd Coaster and Spinning Dragons are the same model and essentially the same ride all together. I guess they are clones lol

Ouimet stated that the overall guest response to Fury 325 at Carowinds, along with the new interactive dark ride, Voyage to the Iron Reef, at Knott's Berry Farm, have exceeded expectations. A major water park expansion at Valleyfair has also been well received by its guests, while the renovation of the historic Hotel Breakers at Cedar Point and improved bookings at the Great America Pavilion have both contributed nicely to the growth in out-of-park revenues.

So reading 'between the lines' on Quimet's statement I interpret it as; 'If you build new attractions people show up to check them out.'. Weird. Funny how that works out.

Ouimet stated that the overall guest response to Fury 325 at Carowinds, along with the new interactive dark ride, Voyage to the Iron Reef, at Knott's Berry Farm, have exceeded expectations. A major water park expansion at Valleyfair has also been well received by its guests, while the renovation of the historic Hotel Breakers at Cedar Point and improved bookings at the Great America Pavilion have both contributed nicely to the growth in out-of-park revenues.

So reading 'between the lines' on Quimet's statement I interpret it as; 'If you build new attractions people show up to check them out.'. Weird. Funny how that works out.

What are you getting at? It's a press release.

Anyways, good money says it's a haunt building being built. Also, what is "Dinoslaughter?"

What are you getting at? It's a press release.

Anyways, good money says it's a haunt building being built. Also, what is "Dinoslaughter?"

Dinoslaughter was a Haunt scare zone in Dino's Alive on the walk back to the two Haunt attractions London Terror and Camp Wekilou. It was basically a few cavemen screaming like cavemen and slowly running at you- not scary if you ask me.

That picture from grsupercity was just a joke, although I do agree with him that the waterpark could use some more love. The new additions this year brought Soak City up to an acceptable level, but it's still one of the worst waterparks in the chain.

Wow..

I'm willing to bet the parking lot is going to be some sort of black tar/concrete mix color with yellow lines. The yellow lines will be a technological break thru for amusement park guests, as they will help visitors park their vehicles in a way that will efficiently utilize the entire parking lot space. This will allow the parking lot to have a higher total vehicle capacity and create organized lanes for vehicles to maneuver safely up and down and all around to Grandmother's house we go. Dave, yes our beloved GM, personally sent all of us that picture in our direct messages. You didn't get it? Dave's message also stated they are moving Excalibur to Cedar Point in exchange for Millennium Force, which will be relocated to the existing parking lot once the new one is complete.

(Warning: The following post you just completed reading may contain sarcasm and other smart ass tones, much like grsupercity's original teaser photo.)

It's going to be a long winter in this thread if we don't get something halfway decent announced for next year..