TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

It's pretty obvious that the water park/new parking lot will be the focus the next few years. If you're wanting a new coaster before 2019 I think you're going to be disappointed. I'll stick to my prediction of new B&M replacing the dinos and part of the parking lot in 2019-2020.

Part of me wishes that the Wild Thing figure 8 didn't occupy so much area around the entrance. Wish it was more of a compacted 540 degree helix like Steel Force and Mamba to allow for more of an expansion down the Route 76 midway.

IPart of me wishes that the Wild Thing figure 8 didn't occupy so much area around the entrance. Wish it was more of a compacted 540 degree helix like Steel Force and Mamba to allow for more of an expansion down the Route 76 midway.

For sure. If it was an exciting turn around then the space would be justified. But since it is a 'ho-hum' experience it is taking up too much valuable real estate vs what the other Morgan Hypers would take and provide the same experience. In one of these forums someone wrote that Dorney Park was supposed to get Wild Thing and VF was going to get Steel Force but the neighborhoods adjacent to Dorney complained that it would create to much noise so they moved Wild Thing to VF because the track was already made. Then they figured out the 'noise issue' with the community in the off season and the following year they put Steel Force at Dorney. I don't know if there is any truth to this but interesting to think about if it had gone that way.

Valleyfair is having it's first ever Coaster Campout on September 12th and 13th. According to the website, for $200, you get to camp in the park for one night, plus you'll get ERT after the park closes on Saturday and before it opens on Sunday.

I won't be able to make it due to other obligations, but if anyone else here goes, have fun!

https://www.valleyfair.com/events/things-to-do/special-events/Coaster-Campout-7-28-15-31

vf_coastercampout_rotator1.jpg.23ddb940ffca21a32a96b5fef81a459a.jpg

IPart of me wishes that the Wild Thing figure 8 didn't occupy so much area around the entrance. Wish it was more of a compacted 540 degree helix like Steel Force and Mamba to allow for more of an expansion down the Route 76 midway.

For sure. If it was an exciting turn around then the space would be justified. But since it is a 'ho-hum' experience it is taking up too much valuable real estate vs what the other Morgan Hypers would take and provide the same experience. In one of these forums someone wrote that Dorney Park was supposed to get Wild Thing and VF was going to get Steel Force but the neighborhoods adjacent to Dorney complained that it would create to much noise so they moved Wild Thing to VF because the track was already made. Then they figured out the 'noise issue' with the community in the off season and the following year they put Steel Force at Dorney. I don't know if there is any truth to this but interesting to think about if it had gone that way.

There is no truth to that story.

Every project is mainly between the client (the park) and the firm (Morgan). Morgan designed the roller coaster to fit Valleyfair specifically, and so is the case for Steel Force at Dorney Park. NewsPlusNotes posted an article on Wild Thing a while ago. The concept art shows one of the spirals perfectly outlining what appears to be a pond. That makes it quite obvious that is was designed to fit in a specific location.

In one of these forums someone wrote that Dorney Park was supposed to get Wild Thing and VF was going to get Steel Force but the neighborhoods adjacent to Dorney complained that it would create to much noise so they moved Wild Thing to VF because the track was already made. Then they figured out the 'noise issue' with the community in the off season and the following year they put Steel Force at Dorney. I don't know if there is any truth to this but interesting to think about if it had gone that way.

I remember reading something like that too a long time ago somewhere, but highly doubt if there is any truth at all to it. Just another wild rumor on a coaster forum, imagine that. There is also no way that they started producing track and supports without a full, 100% approval of the project.

The new haunt building does look pretty impressive for it only going to be used 6-7 weeks out of the year.

Hey guys, I'm done with TPR, all you guys do is tell me about how my post suck and are wrong.

Thanks!

No one's picking on you or saying your posts "suck." It's called having a conversation on an Internet Forum. Nothing wrong with that. Just because you weren't satisfied with someones response doesn't mean you should quit TPR. That's being quite ridiculous.

Hey guys, I'm done with TPR, all you guys do is tell me about how my post suck and are wrong.

Thanks!

I remember when I used to post on coasterbuzz and younger people would join. I felt so bad for them because the people on that site were mean to the younger posters because they didn't use proper grammar and had spelling mistakes. Coasterlead, dont give up on loving coasters. It is a fun hobby and the coasters are always changing and evolving. Its very exciting. Just dont make crazy jaded comments at other posters or parks. Have fun with it. Enjoy it

Thanks!

I remember when I used to post on coasterbuzz and younger people would join. I felt so bad for them because the people on that site were mean to the younger posters because they didn't use proper grammar and had spelling mistakes. Coasterlead, dont give up on loving coasters. It is a fun hobby and the coasters are always changing and evolving. Its very exciting. Just dont make crazy jaded comments at other posters or parks. Have fun with it. Enjoy it

Yes I agree. I find it shameful that a 30 year old would pick on a very young person calling them sensitive like grow up! Your 30, your not a high schooler or in college anymore. Plus you don't know what disorders I have or what crap I have in my life. Who says that to someone's face like, bruh I know not to do that and I'm 13. It's like don't let the door slam ya in the ass. Plus who says so much wrong with this post. Cmon! Say review your facts, or maybe you should review this topic more. Saying so much wrong with this post how rude! God it's like mature up people! I don't go around saying your post is wrong and stuff. I will stay will TPR but it's annoying that people aren't mature. Don't call me a kid! Just put thecoasterlead! I don't call you old so don't call me kid. Gosh darn it! I'm sorry for ranting but it's like the sense of respect in this forum is poor! I understand I'm not respectful in all my post and I'm sorry! Whatever I'll stay with TPR I guess but I'm not going to let people slap me in the face.

Thanks!

Yes I agree. I find it shameful that a 30 year old would pick on a very young person calling them sensitive like grow up! Your 30, your not a high schooler or in college anymore. Plus you don't know what disorders I have or what crap I have in my life. Who says that to someone's face like, bruh I know not to do that and I'm 13. It's like don't let the door slam ya in the A$$. Plus who says so much wrong with this post. Cmon! Say review your facts, or maybe you should review this topic more. Saying so much wrong with this post how rude! God it's like mature up people! I don't go around saying your post is wrong and stuff. I will stay

will TPR but it's annoying that people aren't mature. Don't call me a kid! Just put thecoasterlead! I don't call you old so don't call me kid. Gosh darn it! I'm sorry for ranting but it's like the sense of respect in this forum is poor! I understand I'm not respectful in all my post and I'm sorry! Whatever I'll stay with TPR I guess but I'm not going to let people slap me in the face.

Hey people, back off the guy. No one deserves to be "slapped in the face". Everyone has the right to say what they want without being belittled! So what if he is 13. He still has good things to say and if he wants to show his frustrations on this forumn then let him.

After reading all this I'm enjoying my stay at Six Flags Great America, Goliath was an amazing roller coaster just a lap bar with inversions along with Outlaw Run. Getting dark now get back this weekend to ride Renegade at night along with Extreme Swing at night.

Sunday I'll be back at Valleyfair most of the day.

Edited by ACES

Hey, by the time Valleyfair does get a B&M, coasterlead won't be a kid anymore! Actually, he probably will be dead from old age..

I was told to quit being a smart A$$ a lot as a child..

Apparently it didn't stick!

This is stupid let's change the convo!

Ok so while riding breakers pipeline yesterday I was flying down and I hit a dry spot on the slide, this was in the morning. It hurt so f-Ing bad it wasn't even funny. It sounded like fingers down a chalkboard as my body skipped along the dry fiberglass. UGH it hurt so bad I never want to feel it again. So I got down in the slash area and just laid there in a lot of pain and I just got up and tried to walk and go sit down. Today I have a small blister on my foot. I'm probably done riding pipeline for a while.

Hey everyone, I was looking around on the Internet today, and I found some cool stuff. I found some of Wild Thing's press info, and I thought I'd share it. According to the press release Wild Thing was one of the tallest and longest roller coasters in the world. I think thats pretty impressive for a park like Valleyfair. Hopefully in the near future we can get more investments like Wild Thing was.

Here are a couple photos.

VF_WT_PR2.jpg.36c5c9f4a9e22acb41fc3cd3ecfa8f2c.jpg

The illustration showing Wild Thing compared to Excalibur and the Ferris Wheel.

VF_WT_PR.3.jpg.91d6587a1517abd503e21ffd63bffc76.jpg

The original artwork for Wild Thing. You guys were right, Wild Thing was designed specifically for Valleyfair.

I was looking at the Cedar Fair website and saw this news release which talked about a 5% increase in revenue for Cedar Fair compared the same time last year. Valleyfair was mentioned specifically along with Carowinds and Knott's. Here is the statement that was released;

"We are pleased with the strong start to the first half of 2015," said Matt Ouimet, president and chief executive officer. "Our strategy heading into this year was to provide experiences which would encourage our guests to visit our parks early and to visit them often. This included a focus on early season pass sales, the introduction of an all-season dining program across all of our parks, new spring-time events and delivering innovative new rides and attractions as early as possible. We believe our successful execution in these four areas has been the major driver in our current year growth in terms of both attendance and guest spending."

Ouimet stated that the overall guest response to Fury 325 at Carowinds, along with the new interactive dark ride, Voyage to the Iron Reef, at Knott's Berry Farm, have exceeded expectations. A major water park expansion at Valleyfair has also been well received by its guests, while the renovation of the historic Hotel Breakers at Cedar Point and improved bookings at the Great America Pavilion have both contributed nicely to the growth in out-of-park revenues.

I don't what you all think but CEO's don't just throw around names of entities that they control. Everything is carefully thought out before it gets released to the public. So when Mr. Ouimet mentions Valleyfair in it's quarterly release that says something to me. It's awesome that the new addition to Soak City has been a huge hit. That is pretty much what Mr. Frazier told me over a month ago. What it means for the future is unknown but I like where it's heading.

Are you daft? He mentioned the parks that received the largest additions this year.

Partly my point! But i dont think your accurate. Soak city expansion was about 7 mil. C. W. And K. D. Both got large waterpark expansions. C.G.A. got planet Snoopy. Valleyfair's planet Snoopy was 9 mil. Dont forget C. P. got rougarou which wasnt cheap. The largest additions will not always translate into higher revenue. But it was partly my point when taken in light of valleyfair being earmarked for significant expansion.

by the way, what is daft?

Are you daft? He mentioned the parks that received the largest additions this year.

Partly my point!bBut i dont think your accurate. Soak city expansion was about 7 mil. C. W. And K. D. Both got large waterpark expansions. C.G.A. got planet Snoopy. Valleyfair's planet Snoopy was 9 mil. Dont forget C. P. got rougarou which wasnt cheap. The largest additions will not always translate into higher revenue. But it was partly my point when taken in light of valleyfair being earmarked for significant expansion.

by the way, what is daft?

There you go being daft again. CGA got recycled rides from KBF and new paint. They mentioned CP. CW got a recycled water slide. KD got a cloned water slide complex.

Fact of the matter, the new waterpark stuff for VF represented one of the largest additions to the park since Renegade.

You VF fans can foam all you want about the nomenclature that Ouimet used in a previous press release but I'd get a reality check. This industry is all about "what have you done lately" and quite honestly VF pales in comparison with regards to attendance and money brought in to others in the chain. The ROI is just not as high. So regardless if the park was called that, it won't magically get SFT amounts of money pumped into it for expansions until you guys put your money where your mouths are and prove that the ROI is there. Welcome to the entertainment world and the cold hard truth.

To reduce fighting on my post Im going to start putting

**YOUNG PERSON MADE**

Ok so I think cedar fair is looking at Valleyfair. Look at MOA, +28 million dollars in expansions lately. Ok how do they afford that? Every year they get a new flat and this year they are expanding big time. They are 1/4-1/5 of the size we are. How do they do it? Well, I mostly THINK it's due to cheapness and location. BUT don't let that take away from Valleyfair! We have a great location too! I think if we put up some more ads around the airport and coupons we would have TONS of money pouring in. I was at MSP airport today, I saw TONS of ads for Nick U and TONS of coupons. Not a single Vf one! So why aren't we doing that? I was at Union Depot on Tuesday I saw two Nick U ads only one tiny VF one in a newspaper that was in the back. Ok so I think we are doing a shitty job on advertising. Sorry but I've noticed that WCCO, KSTP, Fox 9, Kare 11, and 45 all have Nick U ads. We only have them on KSTP and Fox. We NEED to step up are advertising. Plus don't give me the shitty agurement of how we have a height limit. LIKE ARE DUMB NICK U HAS A DAM CEILING DUMB

**YOUNG PERSON MADE**