TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

So Excalibur could possibly be staying for another year then?

Unfortunately yes, it could stay. Until they figure out if they can (or cannot) move that service road that will determine which direction they will go. Obviously if it is moved and another parking lot is added that opens up all kinds of possibilities and avenues for expansion. If not, then they are back in the same box and have to look at removing or moving things around to add new attractions. If it happens the good news is something good would be coming after the move because you just don't do all that work of moving a road for nothing or just a small addition.

I know I am dreaming but if the service road was moved one possibility may be that the park could run a another coaster track under the lift hill of Renegade where the service road currently runs. The area is big enough to drive a truck though and the supports are already in place for that so you would not have to touch Renegade at all because it is already part of the design.

^ On another note, I agree that the Revolution 20 rumored for NU looks fun. It would be nice to have another flat at VF of that caliber to go with the Extreme Swings.

Well, if they cannot blow the money on moving the service road and getting a new parking lot, I'd love to see RMC get their hands on Excalibur. Keep the station, lift hill and brake run, but let them go wild with the rest. An RMC in the back of the park would be well worth the long trek from the parking lot.

^ Exactly. And if they were crazy enough to do that then why even bother to do the 'RMC treatment' on Excalibur? Just demolish it and put in a brand new RMC coaster. Unfortunately this is VF and CP would never put their first RMC for the chain at VF.

Although I think an RMC would be really cool, I don't think it's all that realistic! Valleyfair has it covered with a very nice GCI and I feel like an RMC might take away from renegade. But if they did do an RMC, I'd love to see a really cool name to go along with it-- "Excalibur Reborn" or something like that! Anyways, our best bet is:

A.) Chance Hyper GT-X

B.) B&M Invert

C.) B&M wing (long shot)

Do you guys think we could ever get an "S&S freespin 4D"? I feel like that could be really realistic for Valleyfair!

I honestly think that whenever Valleyfair finally gets a coaster it will be a B&M inverted around the same size as Talon. I don't think it will be any bigger than that due to room.

Even a Talon clone would be wonderful. It's a layout unique in the Midwest and I see a lot of people on this site ranking Talon pretty high among inverts.

Right now it doesn't look like Valleyfair is getting anything new for 2016 but I could be wrong. Would we have seen markings even for a new thrill ride? I haven't seen any signs of markings for a new roller coaster or a new thrill ride so far this season. There is still time for a water park expansion and adding some new thrill rides. Maybe they have something already planned out. I'm betting on a Larson Flyers and water park expansion for 2016. It's late in July now I would say we can rule out a new coaster for 2016 I'm thinking well see something in 2017 just speculating on that.

Although I think an RMC would be really cool, I don't think it's all that realistic! Valleyfair has it covered with a very nice GCI and I feel like an RMC might take away from renegade. But if they did do an RMC, I'd love to see a really cool name to go along with it-- "Excalibur Reborn" or something like that! Anyways, our best bet is:

A.) Chance Hyper GT-X

B.) B&M Invert

C.) B&M wing (long shot)

Do you guys think we could ever get an "S&S freespin 4D"? I feel like that could be really realistic for Valleyfair!

I wouldn't complain if we got a Chance Hyper GT-X because it would probably become the best ride in the park, however Valleyfair needs something with inversions more than a GT-X. I know inversions aren't what make or break a coaster, but it has been 35 years since the park last received a looping coaster and they could use another one.

An S&S Free-Spin coaster like Batman at SFFT might not be impossible since Valleyfair has worked with S&S in the past (Power Tower and Xtreme Swing), but I don't think it's likely.

I honestly think that whenever Valleyfair finally gets a coaster it will be a B&M inverted around the same size as Talon. I don't think it will be any bigger than that due to room.

Even a Talon clone would be wonderful. It's a layout unique in the Midwest and I see a lot of people on this site ranking Talon pretty high among inverts.

I really enjoyed Talon, but after going to almost all of the Cedar Fair parks over the last 2 weeks, it just isn't very unique (at least to Cedar Fair). I'd much prefer something that isn't B&M inverted, despite them all hovering in and around my top 15 coasters.

2016 is out of the question (as numerous posters have tried to tell the foamers) and honestly IMHO 2017 is as well.

Yeah, well, that's just like.. your opinion, man.

^ Exactly. And if they were crazy enough to do that then why even bother to do the 'RMC treatment' on Excalibur? Just demolish it and put in a brand new RMC coaster. Unfortunately this is VF and CP would never put their first RMC for the chain at VF.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. However, I wish VF would keep some of there more "intermediate" coasters. Such as Excalibur and High Roller. We could possibly see something along the lines of Storm Chaser @ KK done with High Roller. However, a custom built RMC in Excalibur's spot would seem more suitable so the park can keep a more tame (when compared to Excalibur) High Roller as the parks only woodie.

Or they could go the typical B&M route (nothing wrong with that) and install a custom Invert in Excaliburs spot. I could see something the size of OzIris, that sprawls around an expanded midway beyond Thunder Canyon. This area could possibly include a Windseeker, an eatery and a show or flat ride. Wishful thinking.

I was actually starting a custom RMC conversion of High Roller yesterday. It takes a lot of imagination to turn that into something extraordinarily new.

CF replicated the success of Talon in the form of Patriot in 2006. However, it seems more likely that they'd go for a custom version. VF is the last major park in the chain* without a B&M, it's bound to happen in the next few years. The only question is when?

*I do not include MiA as a "major" park since CF never saw the need to invest in a Hyper or anything significant coaster-wise.

Edited by JonnyRCT3

Please note I said "SIZE OF TALON" not "LAYOUT OF TALON". Big difference.

Also, while similar, Patriot is bigger than Talon.

Please not that I quoted ariznglori, not you. I just happens to be that your post was quoted within the quote. I removed your quote within the quote to remove further confusion. Sorry about that.

Even though Patriot is slightly taller, it still lacks in lenght in ride time when compared to Talon. I found this neat video on YouTube that compares them side by side.

Talon pulled into the station a couple seconds after patriot did. It's not really "lacking in ride time". They seem pretty identical in ride time. Anyways, if and when Valleyfair gets their Invert, I don't expect it to be a Banshee, or a Montu, but I'm hoping for something a little more unique, or larger than Patriot/Talon.

Talon pulled into the station a couple seconds after patriot did. It's not really "lacking in ride time". They seem pretty identical in ride time. Anyways, if and when Valleyfair gets their Invert, I don't expect it to be a Banshee, or a Montu, but I'm hoping for something a little more unique, or larger than Patriot/Talon.

The point is- Patriot may be taller, but Talon is still a longer ride.

Valleyfair just tweeted out some old concept of the park art from the early 70s courtesy of Dave and Walt, the park's original creators who were there earlier this week. It's interesting to see how the park could have turned out.

Wow, looks like they were going for a much more themed environment. A lot of that stuff looks very Disney-esque. I have a bit of a crazy thought. Maybe they're doing ground work near the dorms for some sort of on site resort hotel?

CF replicated the success of Talon in the form of Patriot in 2006. However, it seems more likely that they'd go for a custom version. VF is the last major park in the chain* without a B&M, it's bound to happen in the next few years. The only question is when?

*I do not include MiA as a "major" park since CF never saw the need to invest in a Hyper or anything significant coaster-wise.

Who needs a new coaster when you have ST? (I kid of course, but that ride is amazing)

Anyway I feel Valley Fair really is in the same position as MiA at the moment, CF sees no reason to invest in coasters as long as the park is turning a rather good profit without it. Kinda sad. But a good business model, and one that really could have saved Gueaga Lake. They added coasters too fast and had too many for their crowd level.

Who needs a new coaster when you have ST? (I kid of course, but that ride is amazing)

Anyway I feel Valley Fair really is in the same position as MiA at the moment, CF sees no reason to invest in coasters as long as the park is turning a rather good profit without it. Kinda sad. But a good business model, and one that really could have saved Gueaga Lake. They added coasters too fast and had too many for their crowd level.

^

Anyways, a bigger invert does not mean better. BMTR clones are the smallest inverts and some of the funniest

Looks like a hot Saturday all four toll lanes have lines all the way to the highway gates, line of traffic left lane coming from east bound on hwy 101 trying to enter Valleyfair. Hot this weekend big crowd main lot is getting 2/3 full already. Renegade running one train now assuming they will add a second train later on.

image.thumb.jpg.915542b3e400e7ad8245b0dfdb15bfa9.jpg

All four toll lanes line of traffic coming in at 11:20

You're all sitting here debating over the definitions of size of a patriotic talon and I'm just here waiting for Haunt. Are we just outright going to ignore the Chateau du Damne construction behind Mad Mouse? This is good news! I'm just wondering how victi..I mean guests will get to it.

Anywhose, I was thinking about a possible name for our eventual flyers: River Valley Flyers. Anyone have anything better?