TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

As far as Hellside moving-Maybe they just want to raze the amphitheater as soon as the park closes during weekdays.

from what I hear its moving to london terrors old location

I just hope Hellside isn't partially inside. It would totally kill the outdoorsy feel of the maze

Sorry for the posts I'm not sure why it posted so much, again very sorry for the inconvenience. As a reply to Phantom's post, I'm not only a guest, I also work there. So if I see anything like a ride op neglecting to properly take care of lose article hazard, it would be my responsibility to make sure that proper authority is notified since safety is taken very seriously just like Top Drag said.

Edited by valleyfairfanatic

I have notified proper authority about the filming on Renegade yesterday.

Please don't go overboard trying to "enforce" the rules. While it can be annoying for a park guest who obeys the rules, it really isn't your business to do that. I just don't want you to go all "elementary hall monitor" and end up getting yourself in a situation with another park guest. It's best to just roll your eyes and ignore it and move on. You being upset at the guest for breaking the rules will only ruin your day.

I do agree though, it is annoying when people break the rules (line cutters are my pet peeve at parks)

The guy works at the park, if he doesn't report it to try and enforce the rules who will? And if it involves my safety on a ride then it IS my business and I will say or do something about it. If you want to "just roll your eyes and ignore it and move on" then go ahead, that is your call. But if it involves my safety on a ride then I have no problem getting in a situation with another park guest which is my call. Better that then the situation of their phone hitting me in the head on a ride. Calling out a guest not following the rules does not ruin my day but getting hit in the head by a phone would.

No that's completely wrong, you don't just roll your eyes even when you work at the park! That's a massive safety harazzzered that shouldn't be understated. Do you know how injuried you could get from a flying phone? So I completely in all regards agree with valleyfair fanatic. Plus if you see something you should SAY SOMETHING! Your not being a hall monitor by telling, that's keeping people safe. I will pass along to Dave that there is a problem with renegades ride ops because they don't care, I've noticed when at the park. With Hellside farm my gues is soak city, if not that the old Carnage at Crimson Isle location! Have a great day everyone!

If you work at the park it is one thing. If you are a guest it is a completely different thing. I don't agree with tattling to Dave, but that's your call. The appropriate action would be to fill out a complaint form at Guest Relations if you need to do something. I just don't agree with the whole taking it upon yourself to enforce the park rules.

Good Morning Everyone! Coaster Morning News! Danny Phantom will be removed this Saturday! I ask for a statement about where the ride would be heading after, all I got was "@NickUniverse: Currently, there is no further information. Stay tuned for the latest updates on what’s happening at Nickelodeon Universe." A lot has been happening here lately, they just got a new flat ride, subject to get ANTHER in this place AND THEN a 20+ million DARK RIDE! So valleyfair NEEDS to step up their game! All the people saying valleyfair doesn't have profit, look at MOA they have no tax breakers a quarter of the size and look what hey can afford! This is all subject to be 25+ million! I'm starting to get worried for valleyfair, this will have to start cutting it business...

^

I don't think we need to worry about them cutting business (as far as I know, they've been doing fine financially), but I totally agree that Valleyfair needs to step up its game soon in terms of new attractions. Every other park in the Upper Midwest has added a new coaster, or at least something more noteworthy, since VF added Renegade in 2007 (now that Adventureland is adding Monster). I'm not trying to sound like a fanboy when I say that VF needs a coaster, they need one because most the of the general public seem to think Valleyfair is pretty lame.

Edited by VF15

So valleyfair NEEDS to step up their game! All the people saying valleyfair doesn't have profit, look at MOA they have no tax breakers a quarter of the size and look what hey can afford! This is all subject to be 25+ million! I'm starting to get worried for valleyfair, this will have to start cutting it business...

Just think about it kid... Do you have any idea how many people visit the Mall of America every year? And with Nick Universe being open year round compared to Valleyfair for half the year, if that. I wouldn't be surprised if Nick Universe pulls in 25x or more the profit that Valleyfair does.

I don't think that Valleyfair really cares what Nick Universe does and vice versa. I wouldn't even say they really compete with each other. Yeah, yeah, they are both amusement parks I know. But they are so different and I would venture to say that if you say amusement park in Minnesota, 99 out of 100 people will say Valleyfair. Nick Universe always seemed to me like something visitors of the mall stumble upon, and then decide that it is something they want to do.

I wouldn't be worried about Valleyfair not having profit. In fact, I never understood why anybody is worried about this or why it even comes up. No business stays open if its not making a steady profit worth the company's time. Let a lone a business like Valleyfair that on average invests millions in new attractions/upgrades every year. If Cedar Fair didn't like the income results Valleyfair was achieving they would sell, close, or downgrade it like they did Geauga Lake.

Let's not forget that Cedar Fair made a huge financial investment in acquiring the Paramount parks. I would account that as a major factor in the slowing down of coaster additions at parks like Valleyfair, Dorney Park, and Worlds of Fun. A lot of attention were given to those new parks to maximize a return on their acquisitions. As that loan continues to get paid off, I would look for investments in the older Cedar Fair parks to rise again.

^^ This is my feeling now after seeing Adventureland's announcement yesterday of a new 5 inversion Gerstlauer. It is getting old to see other parks all over the mid west and upper mid west get new attractions while VF does next to nothing. CF really needs to step up it's game with VF, no more excuses of being a 'small park' when I see other small and independent parks adding quality attractions and rides.

I'm not sure if you called me kid to be rude or make a point. First off if we got a new shiny B&M we could EASILY steal tons of nick U visitors easy! Some people come up here for a business trip, and if they had to choose one or the other with valleyfair getting one more soak city expansion and one more coaster, we could easily grab those people and pick them up and throw them into valleyfair. Right now I do think with even more expansions, they will start to get 30x the amount! I think we could at least bring that down to 20x. All I hope is that Cedar fair starts seeing more potienally in Valley Fair!

^^ This is my feeling now after seeing Adventureland's announcement yesterday of a new 5 inversion Gerstlauer. It is getting old to see other parks all over the mid west and upper mid west get new attractions while VF does next to nothing. CF really needs to step up it's game with VF, no more excuses of being a 'small park' when I see other small and independent parks adding quality attractions and rides.
This is like so true! People living in the southern border of Minnesota have to choose between VF and adventure land and if they've been choosing valleyfair each year they are getting bored, very bored. So we lost all that business because those people want to ride Monster. With Wisconsin Dells they're always adding thrilling attractions. So we lost THAT business to. Don't even get me start with Nick U... Sorry for posting twice!!

People living in the southern border of Minnesota have to choose between VF and adventure land and if they've been choosing valleyfair each year they are getting bored, very bored.

I live on the southern border, about 5 miles from Iowa, and growing up my friends and I went to Valleyfair every year for many years. Never was Adventureland even in the discussion. I went to Adventureland a few years ago and Adventureland is not even close to Valleyfair's level, even with this new coaster announcement. I mean come on guys, its Iowa...

Who hates Iowa? WE HATE IOWA!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Nick Universe pulls in 25x or more the profit that Valleyfair does.

Nice made up number with 25x.

I don't think that Valleyfair really cares what Nick Universe does and vice versa. I wouldn't even say they really compete with each other.

They definitely compete with each other for the 4-12 age demographic. If not, then VF would not have invested $11 in the 2011 Snoopy Remodel and spent that some where else in the park. Camp Snoopy was the second biggest investment in the park since Wild Thing.

^

I don't think we need to worry about them cutting business (as far as I know, they've been doing fine financially), but I totally agree that Valleyfair needs to step up its game soon in terms of new attractions. Every other park in the Upper Midwest has added a new coaster, or at least something more noteworthy, since VF added Renegade in 2007 (now that Adventureland is adding Monster). I'm not trying to sound like a fanboy when I say that VF needs a coaster, they need one because most the of the general public seem to think Valleyfair is pretty lame.

Yeah because a planet snoopy, route 66, and water park remodel is not noteworthy.

If you are looking solely at coasters then lets look at it this way.

MT Olympus- 1 Coaster Removed, One coaster got new trains and a re-profiled hill and turn around.

Adventureland- Gets 1st coaster since 1993

Michigans Adventure- 1 relocated coaster

Nick Universe- 2 coasters, however it is a very different market as it is open year round and located in a massive shopping center

As you can see the upper midwest is just not that big of a amusement park hub. Valleyfair is being well taken care of for its location.

I don't think that Valleyfair really cares what Nick Universe does and vice versa. I wouldn't even say they really compete with each other.

They definitely compete with each other for the 4-12 age demographic. If not, then VF would not have invested $11 in the 2011 Snoopy Remodel and spent that some where else in the park. Camp Snoopy was the second biggest investment in the park since Wild Thing.

Or maybe they did it because they want to implement something to get their current clientele something to come back for. It is also something that has been done in most of the smaller parks in the CF chain

Why didn't Cedar Fair at least give Geauga Lake a chance to stay open and just sell the park how much would the park be worth and give Geauga Lake a second chance to stay open?

I remember back in 2009 I think Cedar Fair was going to try and sell Valleyfair but know one was interested I would rather have a company that owns Silver Dollar City and Dollywood take over Valleyfair. Before closing or downgrade a park at least give it a chance to sell in one year. Would anyone miss Cedar Fair if they were to leave and would Valleyfair be better off with a new ownership?

Why didn't Cedar Fair at least give Geauga Lake a chance to stay open and just sell the park how much would the park be worth and give Geauga Lake a second chance to stay open?

I remember back in 2009 I think Cedar Fair was going to try and sell Valleyfair but know one was interested I would rather have a company that owns Silver Dollar City and Dollywood take over Valleyfair. Before closing or downgrade a park at least give it a chance to sell in one year. Would anyone miss Cedar Fair if they were to leave and would Valleyfair be better off with a new ownership?

A little they keep the park very clean! Plus we would get all name changes with the copyrights, I would miss planet snoopy, Dino alive. Bringing them all together I won't miss it at all. Other theme park companies would notice are potienally. We would have gotten at least one steel coaster by now a few flat rides and more. I don't think we're getting a coaster for a while

I don't think Cedar Fair has any plans to sell the park, especially now that they've earmarked Valleyfair as a growth park, but it probably would have interesting if the park had been sold to Herschend or some other company. I'm glad VF was never bought by Six Flags though because even if it meant having more/better rides, it would come at the expense of every other part of the park experience.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nick Universe pulls in 25x or more the profit that Valleyfair does.

Nice made up number with 25x.

That's exactly what is was...a made up number. The point was I'd bet they pull in a hell of a lot more income than Valleyfair just based on the traffic that gets pumped through that place. Yeah, it probably was high I'll admit it, but out of all the ridiculous things people have posted lately in this thread I find it odd this is what you decided to jump on. Would 10x be a better estimate for you? I won't go below 5x..

Does anybody remember how lame Kidworks and Berenstain Bear Country was? It needed remodeling whether they were competing with someone or not. I still don't believe Valleyfair gives two shits about what Nick Universe does. I'm sure they pay attention, but when it comes to decision time it's not a major factor.

Anyway, that Kidworks remodel really was a waste of investment dollars that could of been used elsewhere. Only lasted 6-7 years. Glad they finally got a Snoopy themed area. I thought that would of happened pretty much in unison when MOA dropped the theme.

I had a dream last night that Excalibur was removed and they were building an all black Giga Coaster. It looked really awesome in my dream. Lol too bad that will never happen. I was very dissapointed when I woke up. I think VF will get a new coaster in the next couple years. We are so overdue for one. Have any of you guys noticed how popular this thread is? We are in the 500 of pages, while other parks like WoF that are considered "larger" parks only have around 150 pages. Obviously a lot of things have been happening in the past couple years. We got dinos, Route 76, a very much needed thrilling waterpark expansion. And I bet 2016 will bring further improvements to the park. We have been getting more investments than any of the other smaller parks in the chain. We just need to be patient. Our coaster year is upon us.

A couple things I found out today:

*Excalibur has no second train due to operating system issues dating back to last season. The second train is in storage.

*There are no plans to renew the Dinos Alive contract.

Does anybody remember how lame Kidworks and Berenstain Bear Country was?

DON'T YOU DARE CALL BERENSTEIN BEAR COUNTRY LAME! KidWorks, fine--but leave BBC alone! Do you remember how creepy that Spooky Old Tree slide was?! That thing could have easily been in Haunt and I loved it and was pissed when I outgrew it.