TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I think any future coaster with a larger layout is probably contingent upon when the new access road/parking lot proposal is approved and complete. I don't think a new coaster is going in the back of the park without the new access road protecting a majority of its layout. I also don't think they are using up a large part of the existing parking lot for a coaster without the new water park parking lot. This is why I don't see a large full circuit coaster in our near future (2-3 years). I don't care how long its been without one as I don't believe time means anything in relation to park additions. It seems to me that the new access road, new parking lot, and water park upgrades are the priority for the park in the near future, and a coaster will probably happen a year or two after those are taken care of.

I think a Wing coaster that zero g-rolls over the parking lot entrance would be perfect for guests first arriving at the park. And having some of the layout on the other side of the parking lot towards the employee dorms would save on some parking spaces as well.

Only way both a water park upgrade and new coaster happen is if Cedar Fair makes a huge 30+ million investment like they did with Carowinds this year. Even though we may have been labeled as a growth park like Carowinds, I don't see that happening based on Valleyfair's past investment history. I think they spread out major investments like they always have with us over 3-5 years...

We can expect annoucement during the same time as Cedar Point? I would think Valleyfair would make a annoucement for the new haunt building and the removal for Excalibur and the plans for 2016. Did they get the permitts approved for the wetlands back of the park?

We can expect annoucement during the same time as Cedar Point? I would think Valleyfair would make a annoucement for the new haunt building and the removal for Excalibur and the plans for 2016. Did they get the permitts approved for the wetlands back of the park?

For the past few years, the new attraction announcements have been in September. I'd bet that we'll hear something sometime soon after Labor Day, though the Excalibur removal announcement will probably happen earlier.

On my way to/from the park the past couple days, I've noticed some markings out in the parking lot out directly west from the service road behind the park. The markings in question are curving arrows with boxed "X's" near them. All are heading back towards the park. I have not seen any heading away from the park. Whether this means anything or not...

Took a trip out to the park today since it was my day off. The highlight of the day was getting to ride renegade front seat with completely no lines. However, I was disappointed/concerned with the enforcement of the "loose articles/no filming rule" because when I rode, on two occasions riders took their cameras out and filmed the ride (They didn't even attempt to conceal it from the ride op, there was an individual that literally held a go pro above his head the entire ride, lift hill included.) The other instance were people taking pictures on the lift hill. The ride ops did not stop the lift hill, but rather passive aggressively told the people with their phones after the ride to put them away next time. I was only really 2 rows behind the people with the handheld go pro and I could have easily been hit by the camera. That's really the only drawback from the day, otherwise it was great.

^ Since you are an associate at the park. Next time you see that. Please let a rides supervisor know ASAP so we can take appropriate action. That is definitely a safety concern which should be addressed.

I am jealous of you guys who get Renegade walk-ons. There have been at least 20 minute waits the last few times i have been to the park. WEEKDAYS! And when I get a walk on its on a Thursday in May. I did notice that the trick to High Roller is to ride it later in the day after maybe 6 or 7 and it will be a walk on unless its a busy weekend. High Roller pulls in a lot of people for some reason so now I only ride it at that time.

Well put it this way. For people who don't read the warning signs or don't listen to the ride operators about putting away loose articles such as hats cameras bags and phones taking pictures while the ride is in motion aren't RESPONSIBLE riders and the one's who follow the rules are RESPONSIBLE riders I was on Renegade Sunday with Mike for a while we both notice a couple of people in the front trying to put there hands out and tried to touch the wood along the S curves. What if they touch the wood and there hand gets seriously hurt trying to touch the wood while Renegade is operation is that the parks fault I wouldn't think so because they always say keep your hands and feet inside the train at all times. I've been on Wild Thing gotten stuck more for people taking out there phones to record or take photos then on Renegade and on Renegade I would think the ride ops watch the TV monitors to. Do you think most people pay attention to park rules? I think you need permission to record on rides?

^

Most people do follow the park rules, it's just the one or two people that don't that can ruin it for everyone else. In the case of Renegade's crew not taking action on the cameras, it's probably just specific to that crew. I was briefly stopped on High Roller's lift hill a few weeks ago because someone had their cell phone out, plus I see Wild Thing stopped all the time for cameras/phones.

Edited by VF15

a couple of people in the front trying to put there hands out and tried to touch the wood along the S curves. What if they touch the wood and there hand gets seriously hurt trying to touch the wood while Renegade is operation

Wow I can't believe that. Wait.. I did see some people trying to touch the wood on the High Roller turn around. That old crumbling wood is totally a splinter village just imagine rubbing up against it at high speed!

^Most people do follow the park rules, it's just the one or two people that don't that can ruin it for everyone else.

This is true. But for those morons who do pull out a camera or cell phone on the ride and they are in the seat next to me or in the seat in front of me (like the same car on WT) I just tell them I am going to knock it our of their hand for safety reasons if they keep it out during the ride. The two times I was able to do this I got ugly looks but they knew I was right and put the phones away. I hate when it happens on a ride because then I spend the time during the ride watching to make sure those articles don't fly loose from their hands during the ride and hit me which takes away from the ride experience. I have been stopped on all of the coasters at VF for this at least one time except MM, CS and Excalibur. I just picked up SV this year which I thought would never happen like MM.

I hate the people that come out to the park just to break the rules and cause trouble! One day I was with my friends and these kids were spitting on wildthing, so I photobombed the camera for them but after that we got security out and they kicked them out! With cameras I get so mad because they know their going to get caught, they know if they do they WILL get in trouble but yet they do it! Plus it makes the line x3 as long because the op has to walk all the up and down! Renagade crew has problems, I've noticed they don't care in the least about cameras, I'll run it by Dave the next time I see him! Well hell side farm will be in the back of the park his year, so knowing that expansions will happen in wild things turnaround area! Last year they moved London terror for H2OMG! ))) so pumped!

Renegade having issues this morning was hopeing to ride it for a hour today Renegade didn't open till noon did several test runs for a half hour by noon it was open.

What are those expansions going to be under Wild Thing turn around? So they already have plans for 2016?

Edited by ACES

I'm not really sure what happens if someone's loose article hits someone during the ride. Anyone notice monster got a shade cover for the ride ops? Side note: I have notified proper authority about the filming on Renegade yesterday. And did I miss something regarding hell side? I haven't heard that it was being relocated

Once my friend lost his phone on Steel Venom. It fell out of his pocket on the holding brake and smashed into three pieces on that roof over the queue. The parts were able to snap back together and the phone was able to function again with a large dent. If that roof weren't there it could have really hurt someone.

I have notified proper authority about the filming on Renegade yesterday.

Please don't go overboard trying to "enforce" the rules. While it can be annoying for a park guest who obeys the rules, it really isn't your business to do that. I just don't want you to go all "elementary hall monitor" and end up getting yourself in a situation with another park guest. It's best to just roll your eyes and ignore it and move on. You being upset at the guest for breaking the rules will only ruin your day.

I do agree though, it is annoying when people break the rules (line cutters are my pet peeve at parks)