TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

This is probably a really stupid idea, but what if this new Chateau building isn't actually for Chateau and it's for a dark ride or some other non Haunt attraction instead? Just a stupid idea what came in to my mind early this morning... It's probably wrong. But what's the point of a new Chateau? Is there a reason Hi-Test won't be used anymore? Or could Hi-Test be leaving soon?

I had the same thought. Maybe they're just saying that to throw us off and then when the time comes to announce everything, they announce that it's a dark ride or something. The reveal would leave people more hyped.

This is probably a really stupid idea, but what if this new Chateau building isn't actually for Chateau and it's for a dark ride or some other non Haunt attraction instead? Just a stupid idea what came in to my mind early this morning... It's probably wrong. But what's the point of a new Chateau? Is there a reason Hi-Test won't be used anymore? Or could Hi-Test be leaving soon?

Maybe they'll just be using the arcade for some new Haunt maze?

That is a possibility. The arcade looked like one of the better places to have a haunt building, so I'm wondering if there will be any change in the future.

That really is something to think about, I think you are on to something.

1) Have Frazier and Cedar Fair flat out lied about something before (as opposed to being evasive or teasing?)

2) Other parks are building permanent haunt structures, why doubt that it's happening here? High Test might be a "good" location, but I assume it's still a hassle to set up and tear down every year.

3) If I were building a dark ride I'd want it to be in a more prominant location than behind Mad Mouse next to the maintenance shops.

1) Have Frazier and Cedar Fair flat out lied about something before (as opposed to being evasive or teasing?)

2) Other parks are building permanent haunt structures, why doubt that it's happening here? High Test might be a "good" location, but I assume it's still a hassle to set up and tear down every year.

3) If I were building a dark ride I'd want it to be in a more prominant location than behind Mad Mouse next to the maintenance shops.

This. The haunt building they're constructing still looks too small for a decent dark ride, and you know a dark ride will also more than likely have a themed indoor queue (a la Iron Reef), and that building site definitely cannot fit it. I think they're going to have several permanent haunt buildings constructed, it makes sense to have them ready to go for one main purpose. Then the buildings, even when unused during the majority of the season, can serve to build curiosity and anticipation by always reminding guests "Haunt is coming".

The arcade is making money, why spend to mess with a moneymaker when there are other sites that can be used?

When I was at the que line waiting for Renegade to open I was talking with one of the ride operators for a few minutes I ask him about the rumor of Excalibur on why the second train isn't on the track he told me they we're having computer problems and said something about the train coming back to the station wasn't responding right with two trains running at the same time. So that could be the reason for the removal of the second train. Computer brake problems.

Also when I was walking around the park I noticed that there are small yellow markings around the Gazebo stage one at the Renegade enterance one at the Excalibur. Don't markings mean something or there planning something also by the amphitheater by the train tracks there's also small yellow markings and one small three red dots right by the Panda Express sign on the curve.

And when I rode Wild Thing a few times it's on the second train when it goes up the chain lift it kind of shakes really bad half way up then stops shaking? Train two.

Edited by ACES

A link to the story about how the TV show American Restoration restored a Tilt-A-Whirl car for the city of Fairbault, MN. The Tilt-A-Whirl was invented there in 1926 by Herb Sellner and built there until 2011. A classic fair and theme park ride.

A text and video report at: http://www.kare11.com/story/life/2015/06/18/a-homecoming-like-no-other-in-faribault/28959659/?csp=nbcnews

Here are the standard colors used for survey marking.

WHITE - Proposed Excavation

PINK - Temporary Survey Markings

RED - Electric Power Lines, Cables, Conduit and Lighting Cables

YELLOW - Gas, Oil, Steam, Petroleum or Gaseous Materials

ORANGE - Communication, Alarm or Signal Lines, Cables or Conduit

BLUE - Potable Water

PURPLE - Reclaimed Water, Irrigation and Slurry Lines

GREEN - Sewers and Drain Lines

And when I rode Wild Thing a few times believe it's on the second train when it goes up the chain lift it kind of shakes really bad half way up then stops shaking? Train two.

I realized this during Coasting for Kids. It seemed to be in the front seat and the front seat only (Maybe the front car), because I didn't realize it anywhere else.

Has there been anything new happening with the disturbed land between the parking lot and the employee dorms? Haven't been to the park for a while, so I wouldn't know.

Edited by VF15

There's only a pile of dirt left un touch when the bull dozer left during the off season I think there's a un touch dirt road on the field connecting from the toll lanes not sure on this. Maybe adding two new housing buildings?

image.thumb.jpg.ef219ed433f181e8b095efb2ae57cfcc.jpg

Work done during the off season nothing now

I was a bit suspicious of the spontaneous haunt construction webcam and no really formal announcement (they didn't do the webcam for last year's building) And the building from what i've seen is getting to be pretty tall for a haunt building. I've been a bit suspicious as well.

Just wondering, do the rest of you think that the new parking lot will have an entrance to the main park in addition to the one for the water park? It seems like it would be a waste for them to only use the new lot for Soak City since considering that it's only open three months a year.

I was also thinking about the possibility of putting in a new flume ride. A new flume would definitely go over well since most of the GP seem to miss the old one, plus I feel like a flume is one of those rides an amusement park needs to feel "complete". It seems like the yellow area below would be the best place for them to place a flume since it is a mostly wooded area, although I know most of us would rather see a new coaster go there. Thoughts?

thumb_image_11830.jpg.e681391a84967420d30ccaa8d5971059.jpg

A flume ride is certainly on VFs list of things to get in the future, which include...

-BMI Invert Coaster

-BMI Wing Coaster

-Dark Ride

-Skykeeper Ride

-Fluke Ride

-Flying Scooters Ride

-Soak City Slide Complex

- Mat Racers

- Funnel Slide

- Individual Tube Slide

-Johnny Rockets:!

I think a flume ride be better for the back of the park building a new roller coaster in the back is kind of risky for flooding unless they raise the land elevation add flood walls or build a dike. I'd hate to have a winter season lots of snow and have the roller coaster under water miss opening day or closed till flood waters go down specially if it's going to be a big one how about taking out the second que line out of Thunder Canyon adding a flume station there and have the flume go over or around the Thunder Canyon they have room in there. Add water falls tunnels make it a theme Thunder Canyon and flume ride. New proposed area for the back of the park I'm almost certain there going to have to build giant flood walls would anyone know how high they would have to raise the land or how high the flood walls be? I think we need to add new flat rides dark ride before the coaster I know every one wants B&M inverted but the park needs to add some new flat rides. I think a complete park would be: Dark Ride, Flume Ride, Haunted House, Wind Seeker, Larson Fylers, more water park expansion.

Water Park Expansion. Larson Flyers. New thrill ride

I'm going to the park Sunday evening after the twins hand Father's Day also Monday

After reading thru all these pages, thinking the influx of post has to mean I missed someone I was sorely dissapointed lol. This thread should be named "the valleyfair wish list thread"!

I do wonder why everyone wants a B&M coaster? You mention unique and first? You know its lots of other companies in the roller coaster business that can fill that void.

I do wonder why everyone wants a B&M coaster? You mention unique and first? You know its lots of other companies in the roller coaster business that can fill that void.

It's not that everyone wants a B&M coaster, most on this thread just think that if VF does get a new coaster that it would probably be a B&M based on CF's friendly relationship with B&M over the last 5 years and that VF is one of the only two CF parks without a B&M coaster. It would be nice to see CF try a new manufacturer like Mack, Gerstlauer, S&S, Premier or someone else but I don't see them doing that with a smaller park like VF. Anything can happen though. Maybe they will surprise us.

Not a fantastic day for the park today. I went out at 5:15ish to go see Live E and eat at the park, and i got there to find that the power went out until about 5:45ish. So I didn't get to see all of what I wanted to. Missed The Acafellas because of it and didn't eat until 8ish, but still got to see Ed Alonzo's show (and on a side note, it was absolutely hilarious tonight, even though the 7:00 show didn't start until 7:20 because of the outage). Not VF's fault since other parts of the neighborhood/surrounding area lost power, but huge line at guest services with angry guests. Took a while to get everything going again because of safety inspections, and when I left at 9 some systems were still shut down (computers at restaurants especially). I heard from a friend who works there at at 10:40ish it went out again. I feel bad for the workers today, it was really chaotic. I wonder what caused the outage.

B&M Valleyfair

I know there are a lot of us that want Valleyfair to have a full sized inverted for the park would be perfect investment for the park and I would bet if you built it they will come. Imagine lets say Mt Olympus got a new B&M coaster wouldn't matter which type what would you think people would be talking about if Mt Olympus were to get one before Valleyfair by 2017? I know Valleyfair is going to do a large soak city water park expansion. And when Valleyfair if they get a B&M inverted coaster I wouldn't care what the park does after that because I'm a fan of the B&M's when I go to Cedar Point walking on the midway I love hearing the sounds of the trains on Raptor so that's why I'm pushing Valleyfair to get one I'm going to Six Flags Great America, St Louis and Silver Dollar City so I'll get my chance to ride many B&M's.

Edited by ACES

I think most people want a B&M because it would help give Valleyfair a well-rounded coaster lineup. Plus, it seems like the most likely option since Cedar Fair has stuck mostly with B&M for steel coasters in the past several years, although with the rumors of Michigan's Adventure getting a Chance Hyper GT-X, maybe that could be a possibility too.

Power Outage. Here's the story on Valleyfairs power outage just after 5:00pm local time Saturday. Not the first time this has happen. People were mad about waiting in lines for there refund? You should expect something like this to happen.

http://m.startribune.com/local/south/166184496.html

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/local/2015/06/20/power-restored-after-outage-at-valley-fair/29052607/

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/06/21/outage-shuts-down-rides-at-valleyfair/

bringmethenews