TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Power Tower

Would have shorter lines on weekends if they ran both turbo drop towers is there a reason only one turbo drop and space shot running short staff?

Wild Thing

Runs two trains daily cuts down the wait time.

Renegade High Roller and Corkscrew

Weekends can they run both trains in cycles early in the morning till the lines build up? Re rides would be nice. On Renegade early in the morning what time does the second train get put on until the line reaches the end of the tunnel?

Anyone notice on Valleyfair commercial they show a inverted coaster kind of interesting even though they don't have one yet. Hints?

Anyone notice on Valleyfair commercial they show a inverted coaster kind of interesting even though they don't have one yet. Hints?

All the Cedar Fair parks show the same roller coaster clips for their commercials, they just change the park name obviously. Valleyfair has been showing that invert commercial for the past few years.

Do any of you Valleyfair locals think the Screamscape rumor of Excalibur getting removed is looking like a reality? I know you can only take so much from Screamscape, but I've found that they are about 85-90% right. Sometimes it takes a while to have all the facts line up, but many lead back to their first assumptions. Part two of my question is, say that it is true, when in the year do they normally close down that section of the park, or are all rides (sans waterpark) running through the Haunt?

Since I'm in Columbus, Ohio, it's quite the venture to get up that way, and I have never been. But with my Platinum pass and dining plan, now is as good a time as any.

Excalibur will eventually be gone. If the plan they submitted for approval to add another parking lot in the back is approved it will be gone this year. This has been in the works for a while, it is just a matter of time. They close Excalibur every year after the summer operating season, the only coaster in the park they do not keep open for Haunt. It is also the only coaster in the park not on the Fast Lane pass. Plus they removed the Excalibur soda station in the back next to the ride last year. And this year they still have yet to put the second train on the tracks which they have never done before either. Signs are everywhere that the end is near so if you want that credit I would get up here this year to be sure. It may last another year but I doubt it. SFGAm is a half way point between Sandusky and and Minneapolis and a nice park to visit. With Columbus not too far from Sandusky you could use SFGAm as a half way stopping point and get in another park if you wanted too if you decide to drive. Something to think about if you come visit.

Edited by RCjunkie

I think one thing that Valleyfair could do to make a ton of money would be to institute a 1-time Fast Lane pass for something like $4.99 per person per ride. This has been instituted at some international parks and it has worked very well, especially on main attractions. If Valleyfair were to get a new invert, this would be great. Also, I have never been on a Boomerang coaster, but they look pretty good. Can someone that has been on a Boomerang reply to this?

John Peck don't forget you can also visit Nickelodeon Universe is a nice theme park I tried the new zip line is fun and the Mall of America it self do some shopping give you another reason might want to try the water park of america next to MOA if you like water parks.

If Valleyfair were to get a B&M Invert, would it be a clone of Patriot at WOF? Maybe Batman the Ride?

I suppose it's possible, though I do know that Dave Frazier, the general manager of VF has said that he will be pushing for a unique layout for our next coaster.

I just want our B&M invert to have something unique about it that no other coaster has, Valleyfair deserves some of that media attention. It just really surprised me that Xtreme Waterparks decided to film here. I've seen the show before they have featured waterslides way beyond the intensity of Valleyfair's. I'm not saying they arent thrilling, it just amazes me.

Right, I have been looking at the close parks nearby. I might as well grab as many parks as I can in the area. I have to be selective, I don't care about going out of my way for a Dragon wagon... That's not me anymore.

My all-time record was 28 parks in 8 days when a group of us drove from C-bus to DC and hit six flags America and went up the coast to Maine

Edited by John Peck

Right, I have been looking at the close parks nearby. I might as well grab as many parks as I can in the area. I have to be selective, I don't care about going out of my way for a Dragon wagon... That's not me anymore.

My all-time record was 28 parks in 8 days when a group of us drove from C-bus to DC and it six flags America and went up the coast to Maine

Ok, it sounds like you are asking for what the good local parks are, so I'll give you some tips.

Nickelodeon is pretty good, but unless you want to do more at MOA, it is not a full day thing.

Como is opening a new coaster sometime, I have been told it is a Galaxi (I don't think that anyone knows when this thing is supposed to open, but construction is happening). You could probably fit Como and Nickelodeon into one day, if you want. (If you go to Como, don't forget to watch the Sparky show if they still do it).

I just want our B&M invert to have something unique about it that no other coaster has, Valleyfair deserves some of that media attention. It just really surprised me that Xtreme Waterparks decided to film here. I've seen the show before they have featured waterslides way beyond the intensity of Valleyfair's. I'm not saying they arent thrilling, it just amazes me.

Ok, I've had this idea for a while. What if our invert did an inversion at the top of the lift hill like most wing coasters do? Like half a zero G roll. Then a vertical drop that goes back the way the lift hill came up. I bet that would be a really cool unique element and it would help the ride be more compact. Thoughts?

EDIT: Page 500! I am surprised this thread is here this quickly but it is very active so I shouldn't be surprised.

I just came back from Valleyfair this morning till mid afternoon. I must say this was the best days I have had at Valleyfair so far this season. Everything was open expect Rip Tide. Weather was perfect 80 degrees by noon. There were no school field trips today just family's walking around light crowds. The parking lot wasn't even that full. The lot was full till it reached the end of the Steel Venom brake. I went to High Roller did four re rides in the front till 10am then went to Renegade rode it for a hour. Finally I got some nice re rides. Four up front four in the back a few in the middle. Renegade was a walk on most of the morning. After Renegade went to Excalibur. This is something new. I notice that the second train for Excalibur wasn't even by the lift hill anymore maybe someone else can verify this to? Rode Excalibur once no wait time lol walk on. With the second train not even by Excalibur maybe this might be the last year? Or unless I'm not seeing things LOL. I didn't see any noticeable markings yet unless there way in the back were we cant see them? After Excalibur went to Mad Mouse walk on no wait time rode It once. Next was Wild Thing. In a 1/2 hour I did four rides up in the front on Wild Thing again it was a walk on. On the way to the Extreme Swing I saw Frazier cleaning up one of the dinning areas said hello nothing special just chatted for a few minutes after went on the Extreme Swing rode it three times in a 1/2 again no wait time after went to Power Tower. Did space shot twice re rides and once on Turbo Drop. Saw Captain Unknown gave me a high five along with every one else. Next was Corkscrew walk right on to the front row seat less then a five minute wait after Corkscrew rode The Monster had a little more wait times because it normally takes longer to load but was under ten minutes once I got off Monster went and got on the train took it to the front of the park got off headed to Steel Venom was probably the longest wait time yet twenty minutes one ride then went to northern lights walk right on again LOL no wait time and my final ride for the day was the Enterprise five minute wait came up from Steel Venom saw Frazier again waved at me. I can say this was again was one of the best days so far this season visiting Valleyfair the whole park wasn't that busy no school field trips almost everything was a walk on under ten minute wait times and perfect weather to. I can only imagine if and when we get our new B&M inverted coaster what that would do to Valleyfair. Walking back to my car I notice some people were here from Ohio, Wisconsin and Chicago.

I kinda think we're getting kinda ahead of ourselves in terms of coasters. Being optimistic is good, but pondering/planning the layout of a coaster that doesn't exist is a bit much. I mean, we don't even know if we're getting a coaster soon for sure, and we don't know the model or the company.

I kinda think we're getting kinda ahead of ourselves in terms of coasters. Being optimistic is good, but pondering/planning the layout of a coaster that doesn't exist is a bit much. I mean, we don't even know if we're getting a coaster soon for sure, and we don't know the model or the company.

I just read newsplusnotes and they have an interesting article from a Cleveland newspaper about Cedar Fair. The link is below. While it does not say anything about Valleyfair it does give some information that is of interest. First, it sounds like Cedar Fair is doing very well and is looking to keep expanding rapidly. This is great news for Valleyfair and all Cedar Fair parks. The article says that announcement for what is coming next for Cedar Point will be announced in August. Also, it looks like Vortex at California's Great America will get a floorless transformation for 2016. It keeps looking like CGA, Valleyfair and Carowinds will be the main growth targets for the next few years. I almost want August/September to come soon this year so we can get to announcements! But then again this is Minnesota. I'm not ready to deal with cold weather for 7 months yet.

http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20150614/NEWS/306149989/surging-cedar-fair-isnt-just-enjoying-the-ride?utm_source=Daily%20Newsletter%20Subscribers&utm_campaign=b5d89e3e5c-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN+*|RSSFEED%3ADATE|*&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_3f6f2faad7-b5d89e3e5c-85675429

Anyone notice that the second train on Excalibur is no longer by the lift hill?

Probably just another sign that Excalibur is doomed at the end of this season. Even though the plans for the new parking lot and employees road haven't been approved, I assume they will be eventually.

Do you think the park will announce Excalibur's closure ahead of time (as in "get in your last rides on Excaibur now!") I'm not so sure that they will because they never announced the other recent removals ahead of time (Antique Autos, IMAX, Hydroblaster), and Excalibur really wasn't much more popular than those attractions.

Actually Valleyfairs market is quite similar to both CW and Carowinds. All three markets draw from a base of about 9 million. CW is like the Disneyland of Canada which explains its popularity. The twin cities are Charlotte metro areas are very similar in size. Carowinds has us beat when it comes to weather but that doesn't stop Cedar Point. My point is that i believe Cedar Fair knows there is a lot of growth potential with Valleyfair and i think we are seeing the ground work being done to support that. I agree that i think Valleyfair has a lot in store for us in the next few years.

This makes me believe we will get more than a second parking lot in 2016.

Cedar Point is making annoucement in August, Carowinds announced the closure of Thunder Road in July, CFGA Vortex getting transformed into floorless coaster possibly in 2016 so this kind of makes me wonder about annoucement coming for Excalibur in August maybe it will stay open during the haunt for one last ride. I know the park is working on getting something new for our anniversary in 2016.

Valleyfair can do the same thing what Dorney Park did with the removal of Hercules for a new B&M floorless coaster Hydra The Revenge Valleyfair removal of Excalibur for a new B&M inverted coaster not in Excaliburs spot but some we're in the back of the park.