TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I had a weird thought. I would take Shivering Timbers over Renegade, but I would take Renegade over Wild Thing. But then, I would take Wild Thing over Timbers!

What about Thunderhead at Dollyworld? Or are we strictly speaking CF coasters?

What kind of a new thrill ride could go here? Would a Max Air fit in here 150 feet I think there's enough space to put one there maybe a smaller one or a ride like Spin Cycle at Silverwood Theme Park could fit in there those are fun rides. Valleyfair needs to fill in these open areas with new rides.

I doubt that Cedar Fair would invest in another HUSS Giant Frisbee after the problems that maXair and Delirium have had. However, it would be nice if Valleyfair could receive a similar ride from another manufacturer.

They have also had issues S&S screaming swings, Mondial Windseekers, Huss top spins, and the Vekoma suspended boomerangs. Which is sad because those are all good rides lol

What aren't they having trouble with? The Cotton Candy stands?

At the waterpark preview night I talked to Dave Frazier about the project and I asked him about haunt and he said they are currently in the construction project of a permanent haunt structure that Haunt name removed will occupy and in it's old location there will be a this text has been removed and friends at school are saying there will be a new rollercoaster next year that is blue and loops I asked "Where'd you hear that" and they said youtube. And look at this picture;

It's pretty self explanitory

fvcev.thumb.png.53347cceb31e4b1f4986e305b2873b25.png

Edited by VFhauntblog

I had a weird thought. I would take Shivering Timbers over Renegade, but I would take Renegade over Wild Thing. But then, I would take Wild Thing over Timbers!

What about Thunderhead at Dollyworld? Or are we strictly speaking CF coasters?

I was just thinking about those two parks and some good coasters from them. How would you all rank the three?

If anyone wants to meet me I'll be there Saturday Sunday I visit the park a lot I'm usually there at 9:00am front gates till about 1:00pm same time almost every day I'll be wearing a twins jersey black sun glasses anyone spots me walking around lol. I normally get early rides on Steel Venom at 9:30 sometimes a couple of re rides if know ones is there then I do a couple on route 76 and enterprise when the park opens at 10 I'm normally on Renegade for a hour.

Having ridden both Renegade and Timbers alot, I would say Timbers is the best woodie in the chain. I think Prowler, gold striker and renegade are right in the mix though. Both the coaster line ups at both parks are very similar considering 86% of MIA coasters were built before cedar fair. Kind of funny

Shivering Timbers - Wild Thing

Wolverine Wildcat - Renegade

Mad Mouse - Mad Mouse

Corkscrew - Corkscrew

Thunderhawk - Steel Venom

Big Dipper - Cosmic Coaster

Zach's Zoomer - high roller

hyper gtx! - Exkiller

had to throw that in lol

At the waterpark preview night I talked to Dave Frazier about the project and I asked him about haunt and he said they are currently in the construction project of a permanent haunt structure that Haunt name removed will occupy and in it's old location there will be a this text has been removed and friends at school are saying there will be a new rollercoaster next year that is blue and loops I asked "Where'd you hear that" and they said youtube. And look at this picture;

It's pretty self explanitory

I'm sure that picture probably doesn't mean anything. They made one of those for almost every Cedar Fair park, and most of them include a coaster that isn't at the park.

If anyone sees me at the park, I usually wear a forest green, irish green, or royal blue shirt, have dirty blonde or red hair that covers my ears but isn't shoulder length, may be by my sister who has long dirty blond hair and glasses.

When I normally visit Valleyfair a lot I usually were a black shivering timbers t shirt along with short blue jeans or blue jeans depends if weather or a black shirt with a blue motor cycle I also were black sun glasses to. Went on the Enterprise Dave Frazier waved at me. This morning Rebegade had two train operation finally got some nice re rides few in the front few in the back you can re ride twice then you have to go around again running great. Steel Venom was down till about 11:00am no early rides . Ride operator said it was weather related it was chilly this morning 51 degrees. Can Steel Venom operate below 50 degrees? Went on the Extreme Swing twice and rode Wild Thing half way up the lift the ride operator stop the train had to do with some people not following the rules she walked up the lift was talking with some people in the back stuck for about ten minutes.

RCjunkie

If you want to do some riding meet I'll be there Sunday, Monday also I'm normally there from 9:00am till 1:00pm same on most of my days when I visit.

CaptainUnknown nice to meet you at Power Tower today.

One of the Steel Venom ride operators who sees me there a lot said they will be opening planet snoopy early this month at 9:30am believe he said starting Monday and I spoke with one of the managers told me there going to open different areas of the park each month for early rides probably for season pass holders he also told me its on the web site this is something new this year just started. I'd like to get some early rides on Wild Thing, Corkscrew, Mad Mouse, Extreme Swing, Power Tower, High Roller and Renegade. I think for early rides on Renegade the park should open fifteen minutes early takes five minutes to walk to the back of the park. I also think for Renegade sometime this season maybe on a Sunday stay open after ten for ERT for season pass holders get some night rides same with Wild Thing, Power Tower, Steel Venom , Enterprise Extreme Swing, Route 76 at night so you can see the LED lights. I think the park should stay open couple of hours after it closes for season pass holders few rides at night different areas of the park through out the season or maybe next year for there anniversary.

I'm really disappointed Valleyfair didn't update their blog after the waterpark opening weekend...

Seconded. Maybe it didn't go as well as they had hoped? Or perhaps they're waiting until sometime in June to give a nice summation of the openings...along with a recipe for summer burgers or something