TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

That's what I'm thinking that there going to take out the old toll booths curve the entrance more to the left add a new toll booth entrance like at Carowinds for 2016. I'm wondering if this is the start of the expansion for Valleyfair?

I went to the park this morning took a photo of Excalibur the second train is not on yet. By the way when I was there this morning there's a new bull dozer over by the toll booth lanes with construction cones and fresh dirt wonder what they are doing? This is new.

I've never seen whatever that is in the Excalibur queue. I try not to look too far into things, but this is very interesting. Could it be hinting at the removal of Excalibur/a new coaster next year?

I went to the park this morning took a photo of Excalibur the second train is not on yet. By the way when I was there this morning there's a new bull dozer over by the toll booth lanes with construction cones and fresh dirt wonder what they are doing? This is new.

I've never seen whatever that is in the Excalibur queue. I try not to look too far into things, but this is very interesting. Could it be hinting at the removal of Excalibur/a new coaster next year?

What thing in Excalibur's queue?

To the left of the brake run is wear the second train normally sits I'm going back on Wednesday I'll try and get a better photo and this is unusual and I think this is the first season with out the second train on the track? I'm also going to try and get a photo on whats going on in the parking lot near the toll lanes. If this is true about the last year for Excalibur closing would we see a announcement soon like Carowinds with Thunder Road closing in late July?

VF15: Are you talking about that object between the tree and wood? Would those be the que lights for Excalibur?

Edited by ACES

If this is true about the last year for Excalibur closing would we see a announcement soon like Carowinds with Thunder Road closing in late July?

Only if we're lucky.

I'm also going to try and get a photo on whats going on in the parking lot near the toll lanes.

Thanks and please do! I am curious to see this. Seriously, I am not taking a cheap shot at you but I am wondering how you took a picture of Excalibur but not of the activity in the parking lot.

VF15: Are you talking about that object between the tree and wood? Would those be the que lights for Excalibur?

Yes, that's what I was talking about. I've never seen that there before and don't have a clue what it means.

RCJunkie

I drove back to the park took a photo then left the bull dozer isn't there now but there was a construction guy standing there in the heavy rain left him out of the photo. I'm going back on Wednesday will be 86 warm. With the Orange cones by the toll lanes what kind if activity is this? First time I've seen this. That construction just started.

image.thumb.jpg.2175b5c1298574adfb10ed415abe8369.jpg

Activity near the toll lanes at Valleyfair.

Edited by ACES

That object looks like a thing they use to plant stuff in, you can see them around the park. That's my guess, i'll take a closer look when I'm back at the park. I did notice the markings near amphitheater border the amphitheater and make their way up the train station entrance.

^

Valleyfair unfortunately doesn't offer any ERT for passholders. The closest thing they have to ERT is 30-minute early entry to Route 76 for Gold and Platinum passholders.

I really don't think the 2nd Excalibur train will be back on the track this season. If it does close though, I'm not sure when they'll make the announcement. I tried to look at the dates to see past Cedar Fair ride closures and there doesn't seem to be a trend. But with the latest Carowinds announcement, I would hope it would come soon.

New entrance like carowinds for 2016? We are both growth parks so we may have similar projects. Not expecting a giga though. That's just a crazy guess though.

New front entrance with a B&M invert flyover of the front gate??? Schweeeeet!!!!

Now whether it would happen or not, who knows. Though CF seems to be taking that route of new front entrances that interact with their new coasters. So we can hope, right??

I think our entrance is fine how it is, we don't need a new one but a new one would be great! An entrance coaster would be cool, but having a third of our coasters bordering the parking lot may be a little weird. As long as we get a B&M non stand up soon I will gladly accept it.

I was at the park today. The heavy machinery in the parking lot was being used to replace dirt with rocks, so nothing important.

I saw a Giant pile of dirt when I was on Renegade's lift, not sure what that was for.

I didn't really pay attention to much because I was with a bunch of my friends, and it was too hot to pay attention to anything.

I did realize that they had the other red tower running today. The one that is normally open was closed and the one I haven't ever been on was open. Maybe we'll see both red towers running in the summer

I think our entrance is fine how it is, we don't need a new one but a new one would be great! An entrance coaster would be cool, but having a third of our coasters bordering the parking lot may be a little weird. As long as we get a B&M non stand up soon I will gladly accept it.

I really like the current entrance as it is, but a new, more modern entrance might be necessary if Valleyfair wants to keep up with other corporate parks. A new coaster that goes over the entrance isn't necessary in my opinion because Wild Thing comes close enough.

If this is true about the last year for Excalibur closing would we see a announcement soon like Carowinds with Thunder Road closing in late July?

Is there an actual rumor going around that Excalibur is getting removed or is everyone just hoping it gets removed? I think everyone is just fantasizing about what they would do with the park if they owned it and money wasn't an obstacle, but I just want to make sure I didn't miss something.

Is there an actual rumor going around that Excalibur is getting removed or is everyone just hoping it gets removed? I think everyone is just fantasizing about what they would do with the park if they owned it and money wasn't an obstacle, but I just want to make sure I didn't miss something.

The big thing to see here is that only one train has been placed on the tracks. That has never happened before. Even if they never needed both trains going at the same time you would want to have two trains just to keep the wear and tear to a minimum. That's one reason the Steel Venom has a fair amount of downtime because there is only one train and maintenance has to be done on it. With two trains you can have one out of service and still run your ride.

As for "actual" rumor, is there such a thing? If it is actual then it just becomes an announcement. I have heard unconfirmed rumors of a new coaster with locations that include Excalibur. Mostly I think that there is a lot of things going on within the park that seem to point to something big coming down the road. We will know soon enough!

I've also heard a rumor that something is going to happen with the back of the park next season. I have no idea as to what. Maybe it has something to do with that disturbed land behind Mad Mouse?

This is the rumor we are all kind of waiting on. But as of right now yes, everything has just been opinions about what would happen if Excalibur was gone.

Anyone who rides Renegade look down in the employee parking lot on the left side there's a big pile of dirt a yellow bull dozer was on it yesterday. Like garyman6 I've been coming to the park for many years this is the first season I've seen Excalibur with one train on the track. Look what Dorney Park did with Hercules. They retired Hercules for a new B&M floorless coaster: Hydra The Revenge. Valleyfair can do the same thing with Excalibur for a new B&M inverted coaster. And with the new inverted coaster for the back of the park they should add some new rest rooms maybe a air condition sit down resturant for the back of the park. Excalibur would be one spot for the inverted but sometimes I think that spot might be for the water park expansion.

I said this before another spot for a inverted coaster would to remove the amphitheater relocate the enterprise with new paint update the que line maybe over by corkscrew. Make the walk way turn all the way to the left and have it go out into the parking lot taking out a few spaces and take out the fence were the flags are reconnect it under the Steel Venom twist remove the current walk way flatten out that whole space were the chaos, enterprise and amphitheater sits could be a spot for the inverted coaster wouldn't be a problem for flooding and were the scrambler sits the area called Midway Stage is add a Larson Flyers perfect spot for one.

Any thoughts expanding the walk way to the left of the Wild Thing turn around? Maybe raise it up some for flooding?

image.thumb.jpg.948f765c43d4bbd792d05ee87fbb46db.jpg

Were the yellow stripes are in the parking lot expand a new walk way around the Wild Thing turn around any thoughts?

Edited by ACES

Here's the spot I was talking about reconnecting the walk way under the Steel Venom twist take out the fence and move the walk way to the left.

image.thumb.jpg.d681b963fac1b22e69f195b0c94f79a4.jpg

Relocate the walk way and move it to the left of the Steel Venom twist take out the fence.

AI said this before another spot for a inverted coaster would to remove the amphitheater relocate the enterprise with new paint update the que line maybe over by corkscrew. Make the walk way turn all the way to the left and have it go out into the parking lot taking out a few spaces and take out the fence were the flags are reconnect it under the Steel Venom twist remove the current walk way flatten out that whole space were the chaos, enterprise and amphitheater sits could be a spot for the inverted coaster wouldn't be a problem for flooding and were the scrambler sits the area called Midway Stage is add a Larson Flyers perfect spot for one.

Any thoughts expanding the walk way to the left of the Wild Thing turn around? Maybe raise it up some for flooding?

With CEO Quimet indicating ALL Cedar Fair parks will be getting a dark ride in the future and VF having limited area's to build I agree with VF15 that the amphitheater will be the place for a new dark ride building. I like your idea's though if they do not use that area for a dark ride. And I am totally on board with Enterprise getting refurbed for sure and adding some Larson Flyers because they would fit in so perfect with the ride mix at the park.

^

I think they might just leave the Midway Stage as it is for a while since I see it being used fairly often, but replacing it with Larson Flyers or some other small flat ride might not out be completely out of the question.