TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Valleyfair owns the land to the left of Renegade and it goes further back but they haven't develope it yet because it's flood plain unless they build flood walls but I don't think that will work and they also own the land to the right of Renegade it's the employee parking lot which I'm thinking there moving that over by the housing area we're that bull dozer use to sit maybe for next year and down in the employee parking lot anyone who rides Renegade notice big piles of dirt? By the first Rebegade turn around after the lift the land to the left around the s turns they have plenty of space for a B&M inverted coaster.

My ideas location for three new B&M coasters and the next ten years at Valleyfair for expansion.

(1) Back of the park to the left of Renegade around the s turns and could go over Thunder Canyon prime land back in the woods for a inverted coaster would look cool at night back there. Retire Excalibur for future water park expansion.

(2) Remove the amphitheater relocate the Enterprise maybe over by Corkscrew re do the walk way make it go more to the left towards the parking lot and flatten out the land use that for a second B&M dive coaster could fit in that space 200 feet. We're the scrambler use to sit add a Larson Flyers nothing but flags and benches.

(3) Were the dinasours alive sits add a third B&M wing coaster and have it go down in the old pinic cove. With the contract up next season I have a feeling that's the spot for a new thrill ride or roller coaster. Is Valleyfair going to renew the contract for next year?

(4) Over by Wild Thing que line add a giant max air thrill ride fill that land space were the tilt a whirl use to sit 150 feet that doesn't take much space.

I'm like Mr Frazier he told me he likes playing Roller Coaster Tycoon lol that's how I would develope Valleyfair over the next ten years anyone like the ideas?

Here's a stupid idea for you all to completely reject: relocating the ferris wheel to Ripcord's spot. Get that new light display to show off to everyone on the road!

Ripcord is not going anywhere for a long time. so far it has not been open due to staffing but last year it made a lot of money because of the redoes to the area and bringing more people over to that area.

Does anyone know why they retired the Orient Express at Workds of Fun? They replaced it for the Spinnig Dragons. So that doesn't meen Valleyfair couldn't do the same with Excalibur replace that with B&M inverted coaster. Corkscrew is more popular then Excalibur. On a busy Saturday sometimes the line is all the way at the end of the walk way I haven't once seen it like that with Excalibur. Would Cedar Fair do a deal with Valleyfair and Cedar Point for both parks having two B&M dive machines like they did with Morgan Wild Thing and Steel Force?

Does anyone know why they retired the Orient Express at Workds of Fun? They replaced it for the Spinnig Dragons. So that doesn't meen Valleyfair couldn't do the same with Excalibur replace that with B&M inverted coaster. Corkscrew is more popular then Excalibur. On a busy Saturday sometimes the line is all the way at the end of the walk way I haven't once seen it like that with Excalibur. Would Cedar Fair do a deal with Valleyfair and Cedar Point for both parks having two B&M dive machines like they did with Morgan Wild Thing and Steel Force?

I don't think Valleyfair will/should get a dive coaster. I feel like it would have to be a one-trick pony like Oblivion to fit within the budget. A full-sized dive coaster like SheiKra or Griffon might be too expensive.

A thought I had on Thursday: when the park replaces the Corkscrew, how difficult would it be to reroute the train just slightly enough for an immelman to make a loop around the Power Tower bridge?

Really cool idea.

I tried the slides today, but not the blue ones. The ones with helixes were pretty fun, but the ones that just go straight down were painful. Really thrilling addition, probably the second most thrilling ride in the park after Rip Cord. Since I saw ACES do three coasters he would like to see at the park and where I liked the idea so here is mine.

1. B&M invert. Put it's station where Wheel of Fortune sits and relocate WoF to Route 76. Squeeze the ride through the dorms/whatever else is back there, and have the bulk of the ride behind it. (2017)

2. Insane intamin blitz where dinosaurs alive sits. After the dinos leave in 2019 the area is used for a restauraunt until 2025.(2026)

3. B&M flyer station to replace the amphitheater, give it some really awesome interaction with the mid-way. The farthest out point would be a pretzel loop around the Power Tower bridge (2021)

EDIT: 4. A Giga (never)

Edited by Snowyowl1028

Wild Thing cost $9.5 million in 1996. How hard is it for Valleyfair to invest in a new B&M inverted coaster? How much do the Batman The Ride costs at Six Flags? I would be happy if we got a clone like that because those are my favorite inverted coasters. Holiday World invested in Thunderbird $22 million and Dollywood got Wild Eagle I'm really hoping VF is next. There isn't a B&M that far north close one is at Worlds of Fun. I can say once we get our first B&M coaster out of the way anything else that Valleyfair does or gets I would be fine with. How far does Valleyfair own for land down by the river were the toll booths to the right by housing is how far back?

So this may be a bit off topic but not really. Carowinds just confirmed that Thunder Road, their large wooden racer coaster will be demolished. Last ride is late July. They could double their waterpark if they wanted to or add an addition and have plenty of room for some other attraction. What does this mean for Valleyfair your ask? Plenty! Carowinds is getting another huge investment and they were one of three parks including Valleyfair and Great Adventure, to be specifically pointed out that significant growth is coming. Cedar Fair mentioned that they were spending $50 million on Carowinds. I'm not sure if the next expansion is still a part of that money or is this additional money. I'm guessing its part of the $50 million. Fury and the entrance were $30 million plus the Slingshot which is probably a 1 million investment. That would leave $19 million. They are not wasting anytime getting it spent. Hopefully Valleyfair's turn will start next season. In my opinion the past 3 to 4 years have just been to lead up to what their major investment push is going to be! Any word of Excalibur putting the second train on the tracks yet? See what I mean? Why, after a decade of Mad Mouse did they all of the sudden decide to fix the drainage problem? Why, all of the sudden did they decide to demolish a training building behind Mad Mouse? Yes, it was because they were going to build a new one but has that construction started yet? And will it be in the same location? Why has Valleyfair expanded their dining area to seat thousands and produce 3000 meal per hour and hire a top notch chef. Until this year, I didn't even know Valleyfair had a chef. Why build a second kiddie area for soak city? They could have just rebuilt the kiddie area where it sits and probably had a better area at a lower cost. On one tour I was on I was showed an area just in front of High Roller but behind the Chicken Shack. There was quite a bit of room there. Plenty room for tracks, track supports or even to bring the midway to the North of High Roller. On two different tours I was taken through the area North of High Roller. I was told that there would be little to no problem putting track supports in these areas that could flood as long as it was kept above flood levels. Putting a station in these area's is another thing but there is plenty of space all over the park to plant a station. There are many other smaller things that I could point out but it seems clear to me that preparations are being made for something big coming. Not all in one season but maybe 3 or 4 seasons. Oh one last thing for now. Don't be surprise if Hydro Blaster makes a comeback but as part of the waterpark. Mr. Frazier asked me before it was taken down if it would be better to have it in the dry park or in the water park. I told him waterpark but I thought it was interesting because the question was not whether we should have it but what part of the park should it be in. Just a thought!

Cedar Fair mentioned that they were spending $50 million on Carowinds. I'm not sure if the next expansion is still a part of that money or is this additional money. I'm guessing its part of the $50 million.

Their next expansion is part of that investment plan.

I do agree that the last couple years seem to be a build-up to something big, but I also think that there is more work to be done, such as the old Scrambler pad and the old Tilter spot. Right now, Scrambler's spot is concrete and Tilter's spot is dead grass. Something should be done with Scrambler's area because that is one of the first things that people see. For Tilter's spot, plant some grass or something. Other than that, I think we are ready for a large investment.

Like I said I was at the park this morning in the rain. We're the scrambler use to sit add a Larson Flyers and over by the Wild Thing que line were the tilt a whirl invest in those open areas for thrill rides I would add a max air 150 feet plenty of space maybe add those two new rides for 2016 then B&M inverted coaster for 2017.

Had an idea for a coaster station and how it could fit. Relocate Monster to route 76. Build station in it's spot. Have the lift go in between HR's second hill and turn around. Bulk of rollercoaster behind HR. Have it come back by going behind the HR turn around and over the path that leads to a bathroom behind HR.

Like I said I was at the park this morning in the rain. We're the scrambler use to sit add a Larson Flyers and over by the Wild Thing que line were the tilt a whirl invest in those open areas for thrill rides I would add a max air 150 feet plenty of space maybe add those two new rides for 2016 then B&M inverted coaster for 2017.

The old Scrambler spot probably isn't big enough to fit a maXair style ride. My ideal scenario would be for them to put a Zamperla Air Race where Scrambler was because those rides look like a lot of fun . I could also see them relocating Enterprise to that spot if they need more room for whatever eventually replaces the Amphitheater. I hope they don't remove Enterprise altogether though because that ride is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Edited by VF15

VF15: I think you miss read something. I said were the scrambler sits add a Larson Flyers ride and then over by the Wild Thing were the tilt a whirl use to sit that's were I would put a max air over there not were the scrambler spot is.

^

My mistake, I meant to say Tilter (not Scrambler) in my previous post. The old Tilter spot is where I think an Air Race or a relocated Enterprise would go over well.

More ideas for a B&M inverted. I like to be creative when I think of these lol. How about removing the Valleyfair mid way games and you could put B&M inverted station there and have the lift hill 170 feet which I would like to see a tall and the lift go to the left of the final High Roller turn around and make the lift hill go to the left of High Roller station and go on the flood dike which you could put footers there right by High Roller and make the track come back around to the back of the employee area also could put a cobra roll in the old pinic cove and have the brake run go behind the North Woods Grill and behind Mad Mouse were the first aid station is does anyone play the VF midway games anymore they could remove them?

Front of the park something else I thought of move the walk way starting by rest rooms to the left make it curve all the way around the Wild Thing turn around and have it come out under the Steel Venom twist and like VF15 said relocate Enterprise some were else in the park maybe over by Corkscrew and remove the amphitheater flatten out that whole land space and use that land were the chaos use to sit for a new roller coaster. B&M wing, dive, floorless, or flyer would look nice in that spot and have the lift hill go over the front entrance plaza area and the brake run go behind depot refreshments.

This hasn't been asked yet how long is the length of the track and the ride time would be? Looking at 3,500 feet of track?

3,500 feet would be an ideal length for a new coaster, I don't think it would be anywhere near 4,000 feet. That's banshee territory right there. But like I said before, it would be nice for VF to get something that has never been done before. The park would get so much publicity.

3,500 feet would be an ideal length for a new coaster, I don't think it would be anywhere near 4,000 feet. That's banshee territory right there. But like I said before, it would be nice for VF to get something that has never been done before. The park would get so much publicity.

Oooh I know, Cedar Fair buying an RMC.

Much as people like to be creative, I don't see moving major park elements around to build a new coaster as happening, not when there's so much land that's empty, underutilized, or with aging, sub-par rides on it. I know Frazier said he doesn't want to lose any coasters, but he also liked the old sign, and eventually brought himself to trash it. Excalibur isn't going to get more popular and easier to maintain over time. It's already a tedious walk on the south side without having to go all the way around the WT turnaround (And I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see a season pass or exit only gate in Route 76 because it's so far to backtrack to get out at the end of the day. Besides having to walk 3/4 around the Imax Memorial Splash Pad it's already tiring to go either on the roundabout southern path or through the middle of the kids area on the northern path to get to the waterpark.

I was there on Friday and Saturday, and did speak very briefly to Frazier. He had to run, but he left me his card with his email address. Looks like they're still having issues with rides, namely High Roller and Power Tower. I skipped Power Tower on Saturday because the lines were so long only running a single drop tower.

How about the first RMC launch coaster?

How about the first RMC launch coaster?

Actually if I had to guess I think that is what Dollywood is adding for 2016.