TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

The two key differences are the color schemes and the layout after the third hill. Wild thing goes through a high helix and then a low helix, and mamba drops down to the ground and just does a low helix. I prefer wild things layout and colors so I prefer Wild Thing. Steel force also has different colors and a different layout than wild thing. I like its layout the same but not the colors.

This is from a long time ago, but I like the topic. I love wild thing, but mamba is just SO much smoother especially around corners. And wild thing gets all shaky, when I took my friend on it they screamed the loudest on the ride, and there was a wild pack of 14 year old girls behind us.

I feel like if we do actually get a big announcement this summer, I don't think Frazier would want to leak any information out, we've been waiting so long for a new coaster so I think he would want to keep it on the down low as much as possible to keep us all surprised. Although when an employee finds out something like that it would be hard not to tell someone.

I went to the park this morning surprised the park was open before 9:30am entire park was open at 9am. I went to Renegade waited twenty minutes because they were putting two rains on finally got on at 10. Did two laps was running a bit rough. I walked around the park there's a lot of school busses and kids here this morning. Wild Thing que was starting to get full Extreme Swing already had a full line at 10am along with Steel Venom I left the park not really fun to go on school days long lines. Will be here this weekend. Does the park open at 9:00am this week?

The two key differences are the color schemes and the layout after the third hill. Wild thing goes through a high helix and then a low helix, and mamba drops down to the ground and just does a low helix. I prefer wild things layout and colors so I prefer Wild Thing. Steel force also has different colors and a different layout than wild thing. I like its layout the same but not the colors.

This is from a long time ago, but I like the topic. I love wild thing, but mamba is just SO much smoother especially around corners. And wild thing gets all shaky, when I took my friend on it they screamed the loudest on the ride, and there was a wild pack of 14 year old girls behind us.

The other significant difference people forget about is that Mamba and Steel Force have the tall second hill, whereas WT has the low, extended floater hill.

I also like Mamba a lot, but primarily because the first two drops are more parabolic. In the back rows, you feel more of a pure freefall sensation. Wildthing's first drop is less curved, which results in some quick pops of airtime in the back when you hit the straight part of the drop.

I've never been able to decide which ride I like better.

The other significant difference people forget about is that Mamba and Steel Force have the tall second hill, whereas WT has the low, extended floater hill.

I also like Mamba a lot, but primarily because the first two drops are more parabolic. In the back rows, you feel more of a pure freefall sensation. Wildthing's first drop is less curved, which results in some quick pops of airtime in the back when you hit the straight part of the drop.

I've never been able to decide which ride I like better.

They both have different advantages, yet are so similar. I really like how Mambas trains are painted, but I like the Wild Things colors. Mamba could be a bit smoother, but WT has a better layout. Can't decide!

I really didn't thing Mamba is as good as Wild thing or Steel Force because of the trim brakes that make the bunny hills have no airtime at all and has a little curve on the first drop there for less airtime as you are coming down. With Steel Force you get a straight drop, two tunnels, and lots of floater airtime(it even has an airtime hill on the helix). I haven't ridden Wild Thing, but how the pov looks it is probably better then Mamba and around the range of a Steel Force.

Just a thought when I was walking back along Route 76 coming back from my break today: there are a number of open spots now over there now that could fit a ride: where Chaos was, in the Wild Thing turnaround, between the Wild Thing turnaround and the front Steel Venom spike. There's very little parking over in that area. It could fit a nice little flat ride while only losing a couple spaces. Other than that, open spaces include: where Scrambler was and where Tilter was.

Some filler rides include: a Larson Flyers, a Windseeker/Starflyer whichever they go with, a Frisbee style ride, and a Zamperla Air Raid. As long as the park doesn't get a SooperLoop and call it a coaster.

Anybody else get the Valleyfair survey? Filled it in with a lot of feedback.

What were some of the questions on the survey?

Typical survey questions, really. Rating different aspects of service on importance and letting them know how they're doing. Asking for suggestions on how to improve, if the meal plans were purchased or souvenir bottles, merchandise...

Something that I found interesting was that they asked if the parking was satisfactory, which seemed a bit odd as I have never seen the lot full. Makes me think that they might be looking to eat into the parking lot for expansion, honestly.

I did push for a new coaster where the survey allowed for that sort of feedback. Hoping others do the same.

I took the survey. The part of the survey were it said something about feedback with five or less words I said to add a new B&M inverted coaster for 2016 or 2017. I hope everyone who takes the survey will tell Valleyfair to add a new B&M inverted for either in 2016 or 2017 for sure.

Edited by ACES

Something that I found interesting was that they asked if the parking was satisfactory, which seemed a bit odd as I have never seen the lot full. Makes me think that they might be looking to eat into the parking lot for expansion, honestly.

If you have never seen a full VF parking lot then you need to come on a Friday or Saturday then between June 15th and August 21th....provided it is a nice day.

Tomorrow night, Valleyfair will be having an early preview of the new slide tower for season passholders from 5 pm to 8 pm. I unfortunately won't be able to make it, but if anyone else is interested in going, here's the link to RSVP for the event: https://www.valleyfair.com/season-pass-soak-city-preview/?mobile=0

Hope anyone that goes has a good time.

18952789_Screenshot2015-05-21at4_46_16PM.thumb.png.bac140ca2a377657bf50a6f08e68e56c.png

Tomorrow night, Valleyfair will be having an early preview of the new slide tower for season passholders from 5 pm to 8 pm. I unfortunately won't be able to make it, but if anyone else is interested in going, here's the link to RSVP for the event: https://www.valleyfair.com/season-pass-soak-city-preview/?mobile=0

Hope anyone that goes has a good time.

The two big ones might not be open they have to finish commissioning them

Today I had a gray out on Excalibur and I was totally not expecting it. I had never had one before and I thought only coasters the scale of I305 would give you them.

Renegade was a walk on, I got four rides in a row and it was epic.

The HR ride operators were throwing candy at the people in the train it was funny.

I saw workers riding the new slides.

If you have never seen a full VF parking lot then you need to come on a Friday or Saturday then between June 15th and August 21th....provided it is a nice day.

Agreed!

Also, they're likely not asking if you thought there were enough parking spaces.... It's probably more about the process of parking. Is it set up efficiently? How was your experience at the toll booths, was the pavement horrible or satisfactory? Those kinds of things.

If anyone sees Mr Frazier toight from 5-8 for the new slide tower ask him about getting a new B&M inverted coaster for next year or in 2017 maybe a Larson Flyer for next year a couple of new flat rides would be nice. Max air to.

Today I had a gray out on Excalibur and I was totally not expecting it. I had never had one before and I thought only coasters the scale of I305 would give you them.

I had a partial grey-out when I last rode Excalibur, good to know it's not only happening to me. A little odd because Excalibur isn't the most intense ride in the park.

If anyone sees Mr Frazier toight from 5-8 for the new slide tower ask him about getting a new B&M inverted coaster for next year or in 2017 maybe a Larson Flyer for next year a couple of new flat rides would be nice. Max air to.

I'm pretty sure that whatever Valleyfair is getting next year is already a done deal. Plus, all things considered, I feel that a new coaster probably won't be coming until at least 2017 (although I could be wrong). Be patient, the time will come eventually.